• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Most Memorable Moment/Match at WM32 WEEK

Doctor Awesome

Pre-Show Stalwart
For a year we knew that WM32 was going to be in front of a 100,000+ crowd and spent a year speculating what matches would make up the card at this monumental event. Through a tumultuous year filled with injuries plaguing all levels of the roster several debuts and call-ups from NXT at the beginning of the year, mixed with lower card guys getting opportunities to fill spots led to a WM season like we have never seen before. Many would say that the lack of star power, card buildup and just ok matches made for a disappointing "showcase of the immortals".

Personally, I don't look at WM as simply the card on Sunday as it is truly a week long gala not unlike the Superbowl. Between fan access on the network, HOF ceremony, NXT: Takeover, Mania and the Raw after (yes, we can include that) there is something for all fans.

So, I ask you all: What was your favorite match/moment at this years week of Wrestle Mania festivities?

Me: Sami Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura @ NXT Takeover: Dallas

The age old tradition of doing the honors/passing the torch to another was never more apparent in recent memory than what was showcased between these two at Takeover. We all had a pretty good idea that Sami was gonna be moving up to the main roster permanently and that this match was his send off coupled with arguably the most exciting debut of the year for NXT in Nakamura. Between the always electric NXT crowd (on this night around 10K strong), the connection SZ has to the audience and the buzz around SN, it was to me the best moment all weekend. The match was WRESTLING at it's finest, strong style mixed with high spots and everything in-between. The stand-off with forearms was awesome and led to a fantastic finish.

As a true pro, Zayn did the honors in the best way possible, both men walked away better than when they entered the contest and set the tone for both moving forward. I have to admit, at near 37 years old I got pretty choked up watching the post match with Zayn saying so long to the NXT crowd and them thanking one another for an awesome 3 years. This is a guy I saw working Philly indies in his early Generico days all the way up until his signing. Seeing a guy work so hard for so long get that treatment on a massive stage was great. With Nakamura, I have followed him online for years and was blown away at his signing and very excited about what may be to come. Not since Muta's heyday has a Japanese wrestler been so polarizing to me. IMO, best debut/send-off I have possibly ever seen.

Honorable mention: Sting's HOF induction, IC Ladder Match, Styles/Jericho

This isn't even a debate. Zayn v Nakamura will likely be unsurpassed in a WWE ring this year, and the only things that could top it (Lucha Underground and NJPW) on an industry scale have their work cut out - it will take something almost perfect to top Zayn-Nakamura for match of the year.

However the standout moment of Wrestlemania week was Shane o'Mac's insane leap from the top of the Cell

As Joey Styles would say, "OH MY GAAAAAD!!!"

I'm hopping aboard the Zayn vs Nakamura train. It was absolutely unreal seeing Nakamura in a WWE ring. With the crowd singing to Zayn's theme, Nakamura's entrance (with some pretty awesome music I might add), it just had a special feeling before it even started. Then the match was awesome and it'll hard to top it as MOTY. The drama, the highspots, the strongstyle, it was all a lot of fun to watch and it was a very nice send-off for Sami.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back