Ranking 2016's NXT Takeover Events

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
The NXT Takeover events have created some of the most entertaining nights of professional wrestling for the last couple of years. The events showcase the potential future stars of the main roster setting high standards whether the match is for a championship or not. The quality is always high. However.... We had four such events in 2016. As we head into the first Takeover of 2017 next week, let's take another look back on last year's events. How would you rank these events from top to bottom?

Here is a listing of the results for all four.

Dallas (4/1/2016)
  • American Alpha VS The Revival (NXT Tag Team Championship)
  • Austin Aries VS Baron Corbin
  • Shinsuke Nakamura VS Sami Zayn
  • Asuka VS Bayley (NXT Women's Championship)
  • Finn Bálor VS Samoa Joe (NXT Championship)

The End (6/8/2016)
  • Andrade "Cien" Almas VS Tye Dillinger
  • American Alpha VS The Revival (NXT Tag Team Championship)
  • Austin Aries VS Shinsuke Nakamura
  • Asuka VS Nia Jax (NXT Women's Championship)
  • Finn Balor VS Samoa Joe (Steel Cage Match for the NXT Championship)

Brooklyn II (8/20/2016)
  • Austin Aries VS No Way Jose
  • Billie Kay VS Ember Moon
  • Andrade Almas VS Bobby Roode
  • Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa VS The Revival [NXT Tag Team Championship]
  • Asuka VS Bayley [NXT Women's Championship]
  • Samoa Joe VS Shinsuke Nakamura [NXT Championship]

Toronto (11/19/2016)
  • Bobby Roode VS Tye Dillinger
  • The Authors of Pain (with Paul Ellering) VS TM-61 [Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic tournament final match with Paul Ellering suspended above the ring inside a cage]
  • DIY VS The Revival [Two-out-of-three falls match for the NXT Tag Team Championship]
  • Asuka VS Mickie James [NXT Women's Championship]
  • Samoa Joe VS Shinsuke Nakamura [NXT Championship]

I'll go first. My rankings are below.

1. Dalllas
2. Toronto
3. Brooklyn
4. The End

The best event overall not just from 2016 but in NXT Takeover history for me was NXT Takeover Dallas. Excellent show from beginning to end and it gave us a match in Sami VS Nakamura that was almost perfect. The title matches were all great and even its weakest match was still enjoyable. Toronto is not far behind it with a solid card including a match of the year candidate of its own in DIY VS The Revival. Mickie's return was also a highlight for Toronto's Takeover event. Brooklyn comes in at third place rounding out my top tier. Great show, but not at the overall quality of Dallas or Toronto. The End comes in at a distant fourth however no show is truly losing here as all four were of above average quality. The other three were just that much better.

Now it is your turn....!

How would you rank the 2016 NXT Takeover events from your favorite to your least favorite?

Be sure to include your reasons for WHY you ranked them as such since this is a non-spam section. Keep the forum rules in mind as you respond.

Discuss! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back