• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Most Likely, Unlikely Return?

mork83

Wooooooooo
There are numerous people with really bad relationships with the WWE and/or have said they would never, ever come back. But, as they say, anything can happen in the WWE, so who do you think is the most likely?

I'm thinking of people like Brock Lesnar, Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan (now), Kurt Angle, Jeff Jarrett, Bruno Sammartino (not wrestling!), the list goes on...

There are also people not on bad terms, but have moved on or never want to be in the WWE: The Rock, Sting, Trish Stratus, Lita, AJ Styles (I believe he said he didn't want to go there), etc.

I don't consider Chris Jericho on this list because he never gave indication he was done for good. I think that Hogan is very likely, as well as Trish Stratus.

Personally, I would love to see Sting in a WWE ring just once. I heard that he appears on some Christian show occasionally with Shawn Michaels and they are friends. I thought it would be cool to see Shawn in a handicap match and have his mystery partner be Sting.

Goldberg is a very unlikey return. After he departed, he has had nothing but negative things to say about the company. His return is just about as likely as me having a threesome with Maryse and Melina. Another Very unlikely return would beany of the current TNA guys who jumped and then blasted WWE, like 3D, Rhyno, Christian and Angle. Then again, Sable seemed like an unlikely return as well, but look what happened with that.
I think if they do have a Horsemen reunion, you may see Dean Malenko return for a while to get that going, as he and Benoit were both Horsemen as well.
Good topic, should generate a lot of discussion

Goldberg is definitely one to add to the list.

I thought that Christian didn't leave on bad terms, I assume he'll be back someday. Also, I was surprised, but read part of an interview with one of the Dudleyz and he said he wants to wrestle for a few more years, maybe with TNA or WWE. WWE would take them back in a heart beat.

the dudleyz in a couple of years, christian wen he gets bored, lesnar in a few years if he gets the terms he wants, the rest of DX (Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, X Pac could) goldberg, the rock stone cold, i think definatley wont

Sting would of joined WWE but he was so loyal to WCW he just didnt feel it was right for him. Then he saw TNA in 2004, a company thats rising fast like WCW did and he signe a contract. Seeing this is Sting's last year wrestling or so he claims he wont be going to WWE. Hulk Hogan is definitely going to go back imo. Him and Vince always have bickering fights but end up becomming buisness partners in the end. I wouldn't be suprised to see Xpac back in the WWE as well since he is close friends with HBK and HHH(ahem). Christian might go back even though I wish he wouldn't.

i think that goldberg would not come back but i wish he would.i hav some spoilers and her is one of them.when hhh comes back,x-pac could return with dx

I see Angle, Big Show, Jericho, Christian and Hogan coming back. Some not for a while due to their current Icon-ism with TNA or their bad mouthing but Angle will be in the WWE Hall of Fame some year, especially if he dies from his drug addiction. I also don't see a lot more guys leaving for TNA. I mean it is hard to come across a wrestler more famous than Angle but even he didn't balance the scales or bring loads of other fence sitters over like Benoit. RVD will probably end up there and probably be back in the WWE by 2010.

These are my opinions on who is most likely and unlikely to ever come back to WWE or be a first time WWE wrestler (yes, it will always be WWE to me...)

Likely: Hogan, Christian, X-Pac, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, Stone Cold (not wrestling,) Dudleyz, Big Show, Angle, Arn Anderson (wrestling, in company already)

Unlikely: Savage, Warrior, Goldberg, Lesnar, Sting, The Rock, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall (though I'd love to see Hall back,) Bret Hart (any kind of role,) Jeff Jarrett

Obviously there are more but these are the names which came to me right away. All the guys on the unlikely list are either older now and want a light schedule (Hall, Nash,) hate Vince and/or WWE (Savage, Lesnar, Warrior, Goldberg), retired (Hart, Rock), or just forever with another company (Jarrett, Sting.) But then again, who knows what could happen. We could very well see Ultimate Warrior come down the ramp one night and cut a shoot, who knows.

You would have to put Jeff Jarrett at the top of the most unlikely list, because of how involved he is with TNA offscreen.

I don't think WWE would consider a Kurt Angle return, unless he had been away from any form of wrestling for at least a year. Also anyone that didn't last much beyond the 2001 WCW/ECW invasion angle would be unlikely to be brought back (buff bagwell, steiner etc)

I think Christian would be a good candidate for a return. He's still relatively young, and as Edge's 'brother' has an easy way to come back. (he comes in as a heel, attacking Edge, making Edge a face)

I'm not so sure about Christian still. True, he did part ways amicably(sp?) with WWE, but then proceeded to trash them on PPV, much like Angle did on Impact. The dudleys, too, have not had a lot of good things to say about WWE. I totally forgot about Jarrett not being likely...another one would have to be Chyna, unless of course she was so high some night she bought a ticket to raw and stumbled over the rail and attempted to molest HBK or HHH. lol

I still cross my finger that The Rock will return fulltime and finally have a Dream match with HBK Shawn Michaels that will rock the house. The Rock can also feud with the current WWE Champion John Cena and finally win his 8th WWE Championship.

I see many of the former WWE guys in TNA returning due to money. TNA is never going to be like the WCW of the 90's. Guys like Dudleyz, New Age Outlaws, Angle, and Christian will want more money down the road and only Vince will be able to help them out.

Also, I would like to see The Rock come back, he's only 35 and his movie career will always be there.

The Rock would have been an awesome return this past Monday on Raw being the mystery guy. Seeing him challenge Cena for the title would be awesome, with The Rock of course winning.

Kevin Nash supposedly left on good terms with Vince as did Tomko. Christian left on good erms and would probably go back if he felt it was in his best interest to do it. I think the stuff he said on PPV wasn't that bad when he switched. But Bruno Sammartino and Randy savage are the most unlikely to ever work with Vince again even though Vince wants to work with Sammartino for DVD and a HoF induction.

All I know is that at some point we'll once again see *inhale* GOLDUST! He's been such a fall back guy. Everytime WWE is stuck in a major rut they call him back and with Dusty working with the company, it's just a matter of time before we see the return of Goldust.

good call emcee. He does seem to be a wonderfull fall back...who knows, maybe you will see Cody Runnels debut in ECW, and then somewhere down the line a storyline comes up where Goldie reappears and feuds/teams with his little brother

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back