Most Innovative Match Types In The Past 10 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chronic

Ok, we have all seen the cage matches, the strap matches and the bullrope matches, but in the past 10 - 20 years, what do you think is the most innovative match you have seen? For my money it's a tie...The Elimination Chamber (Awesome take on the cage match) and the Fan's Revenge (Wow! A match where the fans actually get to get involved in, every fans dream!)

Ultimate X and Elimination Chamber. Those are the matches that you always look forward to. Beats the hell out of all the nightgown and playboy-esque matches

the most innovative match in wwe would have to be the Elimination Chamber or the Ultimate Submission match(I wish they would do another one)

in TNA it would have to be Ultimate X, King of the Mountain, and Lethal Lockdown(leathal lockdown would've been better if it were a elimination match, I'm sure the ony reason it wasn't was because TNA didn't want to make it look like a nockoff of the Elimination Chamber)

id say for WWE its definatly the chamber and i also really liked the Ultimate Submission match.

for TNA, king of the mountain and ultimate X by far.

in wwe the elimination chamber
tna ultimate X if they moved the ropes 5 feet higher

best ever is barbwire massacare

hbk fan forever said:
triple cage in wcw and world war 3 style tornament they wre both underused lol
I didn't watch much wcw so I've never seen either one of them. this is why wwe should release wcw dvds

The first and only Judy Bagwell on a Pole match was definitely a spectacle in and of itself... but other than that...

The elimination chamber is a great event. But I don't think anything compares to the Hell in the Cell. It really was a staple of the Attitude era, but it's kind of watered down now. The last one with DX and the McMahons with Big Show was lame...

Triple Cage was great. The Inferno match was a decent concept as well...

I agree, The Inferno match is a decent concept, but according to Taker and Kane it was hard to breath during the match because the flames ate up all the air in the ring, I always had a vision of the Kane/Undertaker feud ultimatly coming to an end in the first ever Hell In A Cell/Inferno Match. that would be wicked, I'd like to see Kane win it too

I would say in the last 10 years the Elmination Chamber, Ultimate X and World War 3 batttle royal. I attended the first 2 and they were great..,. But over the last 20 years.. WAR GAMES.. They were awesome... The 4 Horsemen freaking owned them... They were so sweet.. Also Lethal Lottoreys were sweet. There would be 40 guys and they would draw a number between one and 20. If you got a number that matched with somone he was your tag partner. Then there would be 10 tag team matches and the winning teams from that went into whats called BATTLE BOWL.. A two ring battle royal.. Then it is simple battle royal rules and the winner of the battle royal would receive a title shot.

I'd definitely agree that the old HIAC matches were awesome. Felt like the most recent one at Unforgiven was just a bit of a pantomime show with a couple of good spots, both involving Shane: his coast to coast, and HBKs elbow drop which was sold brilliantly. The rest of the match was pretty dull and the putting Vince's face in the Big Show's hairy behind didn't really do it for me.

More recently it's definitely the Ultimate X match. Chance for lots of high flying, some really interesting uses of the ropes and ring over the matches. Particularly AJs dropping off the rope half across it when against Joe and Daniels, dropping off when he saw Joe would take him down made it look credible. Made it look like he was reacting rather than acting. Sold the match for me right there. The use of the steel pillars (word escaping me there sorry!) also good with again AJ and Daniels fighting on them. Really good match type that seems more real rather than wrestlers climbing ladders ridiculously slowly. Only thing to point out really is that usually someone grabs the belt by wrapping legs around rope and crawling across; why not do that from the start? Ah well!

Ultimate submission match definitely, not many wrestlers around on the same brand to create a top match to make it worthwhile though. Angle and Benoit would be brilliant....crippler crossface vs the ankle lock. Good stuff.

Ultimate X
Triple Cage
Elimination chamber
No rope barbed wire matches.

TLC was always a good concept, then they ruined it by booking them badly and watering them down.

Does anyone remember the match WCW introduced around 2000 'The Bird Cage' Match where they put a small dome in the middle of the ring and just had the two wrestlers in there, there was no room to do moves or move at all for that matter...yea it was bad, actually could have been called an Asylum match, i reckon there Was one Souled out 2000

This may sound daft but was Elimination Chamber REALLY Bischoff's idea or did he have no input at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back