• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Most Embarrassing Album you Own

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
Time to admit it. Go over to your CD tower and tell us all the most embarressing album you ever bought. But as this is a non spam thread, lets have some fun and have you list why you bought the album, what went through your head when you paid for that disk of "music".

I think my most embarrassing music now that I have is Backstreet Boys first two albums Fuck That Backstreet Boys are still awesome. I think mine would have to be The Braveheart Soundtrack Fuck that, bagpipe music is king. Alright, the worst album I have ever bought is.

Elephunk- The Black Eyed Peas. I remember buying the album because a friend of mine who was much more into hip hop like 5 years ago had it, and told me I should get it. So I did, never really liking their music much, but they had a couple decent singles. Truth be, I actually bought the album for the wrong song. I liked the song Pump, but I bought Elephunk because he had recommended it. Not knowing what the song was I was disappointed when it was not on the track.

this one is pretty easy. the hanson CD. i loved mmmbop so i got the CD. looking back at it now, i probably wouldnt qualify it as music. what makes it even worse is that i got it for one song.

other embarrassing CDs i own from my childhood include, the writings on the wall by desitiny child, missundaztood by pink, and finally the pokemon cd.

I got a few actually to choose from, making it a little hard to decide really.. but I guess I'm gonna have to name them all then, you pick the one that you facepalm'd the most to..

Gavin Degraw - Chariot, I know I know, kinda an odd buy cause I'm more of the metalhead guy, having a large range of heavy metal and alternative metal albums, but there was just something about this album, seeing as I'm not one to say no to some normal or casual rock music, and it was really mostly for the song "I don't wanna be" that caught onto me.

Another lovely candidate would have to be Chris Daughtry - Daughtry: boy am I gonna get some odd looks for this one I can just feel it, but there's just something about Chris' voice that catches me, and pulls me in, I actually can't put one bad word on this album, cause even though it's an embarrassment to admit that "hey I own this album" I still gotta admit I like it.

If I remember right I have owned the Hanson cd, Chumbawumba-Tubthumper I think was the name, Aqua Barbie Girl cd, and Eiffel 65. I really don't know what I was thinking when I bought them except I was young and dumb lol. I'm more embarassed by the cds that I don't own, like 40oz to Freedom, Pantera's Geatest Hits, and Nevermind.

TheSolution.jpg

This album was fucking terrible. I was suckered into buying this album when I saw Sigel on 106 & Park, and this is where he gave the "my album is hot" speech.This is one of the main reasons why I don't watch that awful show anymore. I was stupid enough to believe him, and I went out and bought the album. This album was just bad from top to bottom. I never really liked Sigel, but for some reason I thought this album might be good. Even guest appearances from Jay-Z,Styles P,Scarface(the rapper), and Ghostface Killah weren't enough to save this travesty.

nsync.jpg

Without a doubt it is this bad boy right here. This came out and I was in 5th or 6th grade and it was the rage amongst anyone. I mainly bought it because my best friend couldn't stand it so it drove him up a wall. But I will admit that I jammed out to it. And nowadays when Bye Bye Bye comes on I can't help but do the little dance to go along with it. Can't really think of any others that would be embarrassing.

The most embarrassing CD that I ever owned was without a shadow of a doubt.... "Undiscovered" by Brooke Hogan. I can't believe I ever owned that thing. The only reason I bought it was because I saw the video for one of her songs during Raw.... I had forgotten that I even owned it (blocked out of my memory, perhaps?) and found it when I was looking through my cd binder for songs to include in my top 100 songs list for the thing that TM had asked some of us help out with. I found that embarrassment of a CD that afternoon and (I kid you not!) threw it in the trash can where it belongs. No store would buy it back!

So disregarding that one since I no longer have it.... probably "To the Extreme" by Vanilla Ice. Great classic cd, but definitely not one you're quick to share that you still own, know what I mean?

Either that one or the Snakes on a Plane soundtrack because it was pretty cool back in 2006 but the coolness of every track but the Cobra Starship (that song being the main reason I bought it, it's still cool to me!) one have just about worn off by now.

Will Smith "Big Willie Style". I won it in a Christmas game a couple of years ago but it remains the weirdest album in my collection. I love it and don't give a shit however. It is a guilty pleasure I guess.

Had this question been asked five or so years ago then the answer would have been some n'sync or Backstreet Boys album. I have since given those album away and have regretted it ever since. It makes me sad.

the pokemon cd.

I have it and I'm not embarrassed to say it either.

Sad fact, I own 4 of the CD's mentioned in this thread and often still play them at a very loud volume as I drive down neighborhoods.

The most embarrassed I've ever been buying a CD was getting the Glee soundtrack about two weeks ago. Ashamed I bought it, yes, regretful I get to listen to it when no one is in earshot, nope.

Love glee to death.

Arent many albums I am embarrassed by, a few 5 dollar albums with crappy covers but what do you expect?

I have one album, the first I ever bought when I was 11, I am not embarrassed by it, I actually love it, its a great fun album for light listening. However I have never come across anyone who likes this album at all when I show them it, other then the first two songs.

never-stop-dj-otzi-cd-cover-art.jpg

Remember DJ Otzi? That guy who had one hit in 2001 (cover of Hey Baby), was popular for about a year then went back to Austria for continued national fame there.

I love this album, for nostalgia, and because I genuinelly enjoy the light hearted fun that ensures. But I have yet to find someone who can go through one playthrough of it in the car without asking me to change the cd. Not embarrassed by it in the slightest, but thats about as close as I will get.

Will Smith "Big Willie Style". I won it in a Christmas game a couple of years ago but it remains the weirdest album in my collection. I love it and don't give a shit however. It is a guilty pleasure I guess.

Had this question been asked five or so years ago then the answer would have been some n'sync or Backstreet Boys album. I have since given those album away and have regretted it ever since. It makes me sad.

Who the fuck didn't own Big Willie Style though. That album was the shit when I was in like 3rd or 4th grade. If I had to go with a more recent one, it would be both Panic at the Disco albums. People will shit on them for their look, but honestly the dudes write some good ass songs. A lot of people had written them off as a flavor of the month band, but the released a second album called Pretty Odd which was one of my favorite albums that year. It has a very classic feel to it. Not to mention it has a folky hint to it which is totally awesome.

Mine is probably the most embarrassing out of the bunch...

It was a gift I got from a girl who goes to my school, that album is:

Justin Bieber My World 2.0

justin-bieber-my-world2.jpg

Yeah, I personally never listened to it, just randomly threw it in my CD collection, I took it to be nice. Now I don't hate Justin Bieber, hes a good kid. But I think his music is shit, thats just my opinion. But yeah you'd be pretty embarrassed if you were me too.

I retain a lot of music that I liked from that new (or rather n and a german u becuase German and hard rock go well together) metal craze from the turn of the decade so artists such as Rammstien and Slipknot get raised eyebrows. I wouldn't say I am embarrassed by them though- I still listen to that kind of music occasionally.

Instead though I have to go a little further back to pick out my embarrassing cd- I've been expecting you by Robbie Williams. I was never the biggest Robbie fan ever but I remember hearing Strong, Millenieum and No Regrets and so I decided to get the album. I went way off Robbie Williams after that but I still like this album. Maybe becuase it gives me good memories- but I also like to think that there are some well written songs there with a lot of dark themes amungst all the pop.

Its a toss up between 98 degrees (before jessica simpson became the yoko ono, back when they still had hits) and the soundtrack to Ready To Rumble the movie. :crucified:

I generally don't have any embarrassing albums per say but I do find I am reluctant to say I listen to My Chemical Romance The Black Parade, possibly due to the fact their demographic listeners are 15 and younger and i don't want to be labelled a whiny emo.

Simple plans still not getting any Even Though imma fan, the album is really not that good I remember that i bought it without hearing any of there songs

I generally don't have any embarrassing albums per say but I do find I am reluctant to say I listen to My Chemical Romance The Black Parade, possibly due to the fact their demographic listeners are 15 and younger and i don't want to be labelled a whiny emo.

I disagree, I'm almost 19 and I listen to them and I'm not emo. It's pretty sad when people judge a band based on their followers and they're too ignorant to look past asthetics and read the lyrics they write. They try to be not emo, fuck, they wrote a song about NOT giving up and to keep on living. (Famous Last Words).

Anyway, I'd have to say it would be the first Simple Plan album. I like it for some reason, I guess a guilty pleasure. Whenever I know someone who bags them out, I don't bother trying to defend them because at the end of the day, I can't, it's Simple Plan. I don't know why I like them. All their songs are whiny, no idea why I brought it either. Probably because it was like $10.

I have this album, and for some DUMB reason, I dont think it was all that bad.

tatu-200.jpg

Ive listened to it recently, and I don't get why I bought it then, but its okay. I got caught up into the hype of their whole lesbian thing, but when I listened to the music, I didnt care for their image, I dug it because it was different sounding compared to what I normally listened to at the time. I'm more of a Fear factory-esque, rock oriented fan, and this caught me off guard.

Im not embarrassed at all by anything I listen to, but I hardly speak on this one. Im a music fan, I try not to discriminate on any music, as long as its good.

Embarrassed to own that? You should be proud. That was a fantastic album when it came out, being that it was their first english language album. Not Gonna Get Us was a fantastic song when it hit the airwaves, and it spoke up for liberalism, and to stop the persicution against free thinkers. The Smiths cover of How Soon Is Now is one of my favourite versions of the song, I have ever listened to it more on my itunes (even though its relatively a new playlist after my computer died) almost twice as much. And lets not forget the very catchy hit All the Things She Said, a song that I still love.

Dont be ashamed, you put that shit in your CD player and you love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back