• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Most Anticipated Album Of 2009

Pimpin

Resident Hip Hop Junkie
After giving it some thought. What cd(s) are you most looking forward to in 2009? For me there are 2 albums that i'm looking forward to getting & those two albums are Eminem's Relapse cause not only do I have all his cd's but I feel confident that Relapse will be a good album just like all his previous albums. The final one that I am looking forward to is Dr Dre's final album Detox cause it's been a decade since I have heard new Dr Dre songs & with some of the artists that he's rumored to work with like Lil Wayne, Nas & Busta Rhymes which makes me wanna get the album even more.

So what album from 2009 is the most anticipated on your list?

Man I agree. I want the Eminem cd because I have everyone he's ever released plus a lot of his underground stuff.some of eminems songs leaked and some sounded great. I can add this to my collection. This album should be great. Probably won't go platinum because some newer generation rap fans won't be interested in his style.
Also Dre's album, even though I am not a fan, I just want to see how he's changed over the years from being a hard core gangster rapper to? I don't, I'll have to buy to find out.
Those two will be the only cd's I buy this year.

One word for you... Muse.

Now I have no idea how big they are in America, but in Europe they're pretty much the biggest band of the 21st century. Legions of fans and critical praise from all directions.
So basically, I can't wait for the new album...

Even though it might be shit.... No artist is good forever.

I am psyched for the release of the new Black Eyed Peas CD! They are one of the only artists who I actually buy their CD's instead of just downloading their singles. The album is called The E.N.D(Energy Never Dies)and it's suppose to be a very fast paced and funky just like their two previous albums. I love this band so much and their music is always catchy and very addictive and I cannot wait til June :)

I'm also excited about Kelly Clarkson's new album coming out in March. My December her last album was very good but performed badly so she's returning to her early work like Since u been gone and Because of You which makes me happy. I think there's going to be alot of good pop songs on it. Although My life would suck with out you her new single isn't as good as her Breakway songs it's still a fun catchy track so I'm looking forward to the new album.

Other CD's that I'm looking forward to include Eminem's new one aswell as Lil Wayne's new CD "rebirth" which he describes as a rock album made by a rap star. If anything it should be interesting.

I got a few that I'm looking forward to. The first one is Bone Thugs-n-Harmony's newest album Uni5. All five members of Bone are back for this one, and they got backing and more than likely beats from Dr. Dre and Swizz Beatz again. This probably won't compare to their old albums but it will bring back old memories of those albums for me. Also, Krayzie Bone's Fixtape Vol. 2 is coming out in March and I'm looking forward to that as well.

The second album I'm looking forward to is Chamillionaire's Venom. I'm thinking this should be a hot album because Cham has been improving quite a bit since Ultimate Victory through his Mixtape Messiahs. Plus we get 7 before Venom comes out.

I'm sure Tech N9ne's gonna release an album this year, he's on a steady release schedule of an album or two a year so I'll be looking for one from him as well.

Finally, if I remember correctly, the final U.G.K. album should be dropping this year. Its sad to think it'll be the last one, but if what Bun B says is true, it should hold true to the U.G.K. style and give the proper farewell to Pimp C (R.I.P). I believe that Bun will be releasing a final Pimp C solo album for him as well this year.

Well one i'm looking forward to, where the band wants a 2009 release date, is Blink 182's new album. After a 3 year hiatus, and having two different new musical styles in +44 and Angels and Airwaves, it'll be interesting to see what kind of songs they come up with, and what musical style these songs will be. Their last self titled album, was their best to date, and I think they can only go up from there. with the way Tom's gone with Angels and Airwaves, it will definately add a new layer to Blink's style, and only good things can happen from this.

I'm looking forward to Dr. Dre's Detox, I think it will finally be released this year. Also The Blueprint 3 by Jay-Z, he was back on form with American Gangster, and the 2 songs I've heard from this so far have been really good (History & Brooklyn We Go Hard), if the whole album is up to this standard, then it should be good. Eminem's new album I don't know, I hope it's not another Encore full of comedy songs, if he's back to his style from his first 3 albums then it'll be good.

Okay, first of all American Gangster was NOT jigga back on form. Some tracks were good, but the album as a whole was an artistic flop imo... way too thematic based off the movie.

and lol @ the guy who said he only buys Black Eyed Peas albums. Did you ever even listen to them Pre-Fergie? Pre-Selling Out? If not, then oookay. BEP is eh... poppy hip hop.

I'm looking forward to Em's album but imo he peaked with The Marshal Mathers LP.

Detox worries me, I'd probably get it, but you can't delay an album like 5 times without something being wrong. Either way, I doubted Dre before and he dropped 2001 which was amazing, so who knows.

Blink's reunion is something I'm reallly looking forward to.

and March 9th is U2's "No Line on the Horizon" which I will be buying immediately.

Well now that we have rock and rap out of the way! Lets get some good shit, METAL.

Lamb of god- Wrath

It was just releced, from what I've herd this record is great. Just pure metal at it's best. I can't wait to go get it as soon as I get my check on the 3rd.

Devildriver- Pray for villans

HOLEY FUCKING SHIT! June 14th 2009 , my fat fucking ass by plane, by bike, by car, or by fucking foot. I Will be getting this new album. The last two albums have far surpased anyones minds and there on there way to putting a big foot through the back of peoples heads as one of the top metal bands in the land right now. I know I'm just marking out for them because there one of my bands. But right now the bands that put off good shit in there last album was Machine head, and Devildriver.

A couple of CD's I'm looking forward to?

1. Sharon Corr- Untitled (as of now)- I just have a soft spot for all of the Corrs, and she promised a couple instrumentals, and her singing. Less poppy than Andrea, and might even be a little better. Can't wait.

2. Marilyn Manson- don't know the title- The boys hooked back up with Twiggy Ramirez, and word is maybe Gidget. Should be a return to true old school Marilyn Manson & The Spooky Kids.

2009 is going to be an awesome year for me, musically as most of my faveourite bands are releasing new albums which means they will tour and hopefully come to Sydney!!

Just like mayhemfan said then, I am looking forward to Marilyn Manson's new album and for all the Manson fans on this forum, he said in an interview, the plan is for the album to be called The High End Of Low and so far, he has named two working tracks off of the album, "I Wanna Kill You Like They Do in the Movies" and "Armagoddamnmotherfuckinggeddon". He's also stated that he thinks this album will wipe the floor with anything they've ever done before and has compared the overall sound to that of the album, Antichrist Superstar, which means good things will be coming our way very, very soon.

Good Charlotte is also going to be releasing an album this year aswell and I'm looking forward to it very muchly as I have loved all of Good Charlotte's previous albums and I'm a massive fan of theirs (Although I don't know what they were thinking with their Greatest Hits Remix album, that sucked).

My Chemical Romance will be also releasing an album and they are my faveourite band so I'm buying it no matter what, I know some people hate them, that's fine, they're not for everyone but I love them. If you sit down and listen to the lyrics properly and listen to the songs, they do tell stories and I hope they are right when they say they will be returning to their original sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back