Most Anticipated 2010 Film

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
A lot of huge blockbusters coming out for the 2010 year, many of them coming out in the summer, as it is time to escape the heat to the air conditioned movie house. So simple question, you all know they are coming, but which ones are you most anticipated to go and watch?

If you didn't know, I was a huge fan of the Resident Evil films, lead by the incredibly attractive Milla Jovovich. The fourth film in the series comes out, and we get to see the movie much after the destruction on the earth. Resident Evil: Afterlife takes place right after the third film, as they enter Los Angeles in search for survivors after leaving Las Vegas. Look for it in August.

I have to wait until the Cannes Film Festival in May before I can say anything for sure. Almost every film that's worth watching in any given year either competes, screens, or is previewed there. And, sorry to burst you bubble, TM, but the Resident Evil series sucks serious ass. The first one was all right, but the second one was horrible, and I didn't even see the third (honestly, I had no clue there was even a third).

Definitely going to side with TDigs when it comes to the Resident Evil franchise. The third film is right up there for being one of the worst movies ever made. How you make a movie about zombies in the desert and have it be mind-numbingly boring to the point where it's just unwatchable, I'll never know. I literally cannot watch that entire movie without falling asleep from boredom, it's fucking terrible. The first film was enjoyable as cheesy B-movie fare, but it should have ended right there.

My most anticipated film for 2010 will undoubtedly be the next Halloween film, if it does infact get released next year, which it may not. They've been trying to rush it into production and have already gotten a new director and writers lined up (Rob Zombie won't be coming back), apparently they want to cash in on the 3-D trend right now. Hopefully they just deliver an old fashioned throwback slasher film (think Hatchet or The Tripper, but minus the comedy). It may suck gigantically, but I'm a huge Halloween mark so I will always look forward to those films the most, regardless of their quality.

For me, it's definitely Shutter Island. All you need to do to realize why is look up who directs it and stars in it. But since I'm sure none of you feel like going to Wikipedia or IMDB to see, then I'll just say it: This film is another Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio collaboration.

Seriously, that's all ANYONE needs to know to want to check this film out. I mean, everything these two have done together so far has been absolutely superb, so why I should expect anything different from this bad boy?

Now, Shutter Island was supposed to be released in October of this year, but it got pushed back to February 2010 for unexplained reasons, and that's never a good sign, but you know what? I really don't give a shit. Fuck studios. Fuck the Oscar nominations. Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio. That's all the fuck I need to know for me to get pumped up for a film.

I'm a big kid. I'm going with Toy Story 3. I loved these movies as a kid, I watched them so many times it's not even funny. I can't wait to see if they do the franchise justice. Pretty much it's Andy's grown up, and he's going to college. Man, I feel old. A few trailers have been released, it looks good. I'm not too up to date on what's coming out this year, but that's the only one I can think of right now.

Don't worry, TM...I liked the Resident Evil franchise too...

I'm with Freddy on Toy Story 3 though. I saw the teaser trailer, and screamed like a 6 yr old. I was definitely more excited about it than my son was, and he's a big fan of anything Disney/Pixar. The first two films were outstanding, and it looks like 3 will be right on par.

The Crazies looks like it could be one of the greatest zombie movies ever. I've watched the trailer for it about twenty times already, and I can't wait for it to hit theaters. I'm a huge fan of zombie movies, so my hopes are very high for it.There really hasn't been a great zombie movie since Dawn Of The Dead, so I'm hoping this one will deliver. If you haven't seen the best trailer of the year, here it is:

[YOUTUBE]n8_RWxzL1xo[/YOUTUBE]

The Crazies looks like it could be one of the greatest zombie movies ever. I've watched the trailer for it about twenty times already, and I can't wait for it to hit theaters. I'm a huge fan of zombie movies, so my hopes are very high for it.There really hasn't been a great zombie movie since Dawn Of The Dead, so I'm hoping this one will deliver. If you haven't seen the best trailer of the year, here it is:

[YOUTUBE]n8_RWxzL1xo[/YOUTUBE]

I've been highly anticipating The Crazies as well, but it's a remake incase you didn't know of a classic 70s horror film by George Romero (the man who brought us Night of the Living Dead among other classics), and technically it's not a zombie film. Technically it's more along the lines of 28 Days Later and the "zombies" being "infected" people, and not technically dead zombies rising from their graves.

I'm sure it won't be anywhere as good as the original, but I'll definitely see it, as The Crazies has always been one of Romero's most underrated films and a remake couldn't exactly hurt.

I've been highly anticipating The Crazies as well, but it's a remake incase you didn't know of a classic 70s horror film by George Romero (the man who brought us Night of the Living Dead among other classics), and technically it's not a zombie film. Technically it's more along the lines of 28 Days Later and the "zombies" being "infected" people, and not technically dead zombies rising from their graves.

I'm sure it won't be anywhere as good as the original, but I'll definitely see it, as The Crazies has always been one of Romero's most underrated films and a remake couldn't exactly hurt.

Didn't know It was a remake. If the original is from the same man who brought us Night Of The Living Dead, than I surley have to check it out seeing as I'm a big fan of zombie movies.

I liked 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks later wasn't as good, because it had sort of a hollywood feel to it.

For me, it's definitely Shutter Island. All you need to do to realize why is look up who directs it and stars in it. But since I'm sure none of you feel like going to Wikipedia or IMDB to see, then I'll just say it: This film is another Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio collaboration.

Seriously, that's all ANYONE needs to know to want to check this film out. I mean, everything these two have done together so far has been absolutely superb, so why I should expect anything different from this bad boy?

Now, Shutter Island was supposed to be released in October of this year, but it got pushed back to February 2010 for unexplained reasons, and that's never a good sign, but you know what? I really don't give a shit. Fuck studios. Fuck the Oscar nominations. Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio. That's all the fuck I need to know for me to get pumped up for a film.

I honestly have no interest in seeing this film. Scorsese deserves to be considered one of the all-time greats, but I think it's fair to say that he's now nothing more than a suit. He has forsaken gritty, urban dramas for big-budget, studio epics that have, for the most part, been nothing more than mediocre. When I say that Eastwood is now a better a director than Scorsese, I limit my assessment to their work in this decade. When it comes to the Hollywood film, Eastwood trumps Scorsese in every way possible.

Sorry for going off-topic, but, this post allowed me to finally articulate my opinion on Scorsese's recent efforts in a concise manner.

I'd have to disagree with you there TDigs. Scorsese may make shiny big Hollywood pictures now, but he makes them in the same vein as a David Lean. They may be nothing but Hollywood fluff, but damnit if it isn't the best Hollywood fluff you'll ever find. The Aviator was wonderful (albeit a bit long) and The Departed was excellent as well. I don't think you could really even call that a Hollywood film considering the ending to the film.

I too am looking forward to Shutter Island. Leo is one of the best actors Hollywood has to offer and to see Scorsese go the suspense-thriller route again has me salivating, because of my soft spot for his remake of Cape Fear. I'm sure it will be good at the very least, if not excellent.

I'd have to disagree with you there TDigs. Scorsese may make shiny big Hollywood pictures now, but he makes them in the same vein as a David Lean. They may be nothing but Hollywood fluff, but damnit if it isn't the best Hollywood fluff you'll ever find. The Aviator was wonderful (albeit a bit long) and The Departed was excellent as well. I don't think you could really even call that a Hollywood film considering the ending to the film.

I too am looking forward to Shutter Island. Leo is one of the best actors Hollywood has to offer and to see Scorsese go the suspense-thriller route again has me salivating, because of my soft spot for his remake of Cape Fear. I'm sure it will be good at the very least, if not excellent.

See, this is where I'd have to disagree; Scorsese isn't cut out for Hollywood. Studio films are all about telling a great story, whereas Scorsese is all about directing realistic, slice-of-life films. If someone asks you to describe a Scorsese film, you'd be hard pressed to give a summary that's more than a few sentences long because his films are so character- and location-driven (e.g., Taxi Driver is about a lonely, nighttime cabbie looking to be a hero in the slums of New York City). Unfortunately, Scorsese has kept the same formula while driving up the budgets and running times of his films. None of Scorsese's films should be longer than 2 hours, but his studio films are usually around the 2 hours and 45 minutes mark. Such extra time would be fine if Scorsese was an efficient director, but he's not. Eastwood has an economy that Scorsese will probably never know, and the same thing could be said for David Lean; there's not a superfluous moment in a film like The Bridge On The River Kwai or Lawrence Of Arabia, but there are about 30 minutes worth of them in Gangs Of New York, The Aviator, and The Departed.

Well, Shutter Island's already been mentioned, so I can't go with that. I'm surpised no one has mentioned this one yet:

tim-burton-alice-in-wonderland-movie-photos-7.jpg

I'll give you three reasons why you should want to go see this movie:

1.A Stellar Cast

Let's forget about you know who for a second. You have Anne Hathaway, who's always fantastic, and who I absolutely adore, no lie. You have Christopher Lee, who's always a treat. Alan fucking Rickman is going to play the Catepillar. Alan Rickman, ladies and gentleman. And I actually like this girl playing Alice. I liked Mia Wasikowska in Amelia and Summer Breaks. Mark it down; this will be the actress of 2010. Mark my words, now.

2.Johnny Depp and Tim Burton, again

These two just don't put out bad movies. Even Charlie wasn't bad, it just wasn't comparable to the original. These two twisted minds usually piss excellence, and bleed money. And now, you've allowed them free run over Wonderland. Can you imagine the beautiful scenery? The puzzling sets? My God, this isn't going to be a movie, it's going to be an experience.

3.It's Lewis Carroll

And Tim Burton always stays loyal to the writing. While he has abstract thoughts, it shows that he respects Carroll's insight, and the way in which he wrote. These two were made for one another.

I could go on, but seriously, this will be an experience like none other. And I personally can't wait.

Edge_of_Darkness_the_Movie_poster.jpg

After seeing this trailer, I am anxiously anticipating this movie. This is the first Mel Gibson movie I've been interested in in years. It just looks so well made, and it reminds me of the departed. I'm a huge fan of police drama, and it should be interesting to see how Mel Gibson does in the role. The plot line is your typical plot of cops uncovering deep " dark " secrets, but something about this movie has me very intrigued.

Well I am going to have to go with the rumored Predators movie. I am a huge mark for both the Aliens and Predator sagas and have been anticipating a new Predator movie for years now. I read that Robert Rodriguez will have something to do with it and this only pleases me more, since he tends to do gore fairly well. I think he will succeed in helping this movie work. As long as it gets away from the cheesyness that is the AVP films I will have no problem with it.

There have also been some rumors that a sequal to my personal favorite film, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, is in the works and may be released by the end of 2010. Hopefully this is true as the first film stole my heart and the word is that Robert Downey Jr, and Val Kilmer will be returning, I think it will be awesome.

If you didn't notice I sort of have a soft spot for Shane Black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back