More Credible: The Wrestling Observer or Pro Wrestling Illustrated?

More Credible?

• PWI

• The Wrestling Observer

• Neither. They both suck.

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
A quick convo in the Bar Room brought this thought to me. Many think both of these publications are the gold standard for wrestling reporting and rankings. However, many also think these publications are a detriment to wrestling and have ruined the experience by telling us what was a good match and what wasn't. So here's the debate. Which is more of a credible read for wrestling, The Wrestling Observer, Pro Wrestling Illustrated, or neither?

Absolutely the Observer. How anyone could argue for PWI is beyond me quite frankly. Any wrestling magazine with it's foundation in not breaking kayfabe in this day and age is just worthless for reading, unless you're a child. For those of us interested in all of the news and every little rumor, the Observer is the place to be. If I could afford it I'd still be getting my subscription to it, but I'm flat broke right now.

Despite what some of the raging anti-smarks might tell you on here, Meltzer is in fact one of, if not the most reliable source for wrestling news in the industry, and has been for quite some time now. This thread is going to quickly descend into alot of PWI bashing Lariat, good job sir!

Has to be The Observer. Let's face it PWI is done from a kayfabe point of view, so it's really more for entertainment. Meltzer is the most reliable source for wrestling news, and has been for as long as I can remeber.

I voted neither.

I don't think PWI sucks but it's just not for me much anymore. IMO it's more for the fan just getting into wrestling. I spent many a nights reading it growing up though. It will always have a place in my wrestling heart for that reason. I still sneak a quick peek at it in stores. :blush:

Meltzer is just way too arrogant for my liking. Sure he gets things right but he also gets a LOT of things wrong too. Plus he acts like he's God's gift to wrestling. If I like a match, I like it. I don't need some arrogant overbearing "expert" telling me what is good and what is bad. Too many people take what he says as gospel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back