Money In The Bank .. PPV Or WM ?

Wrestlemania....it gave superstars from the lower cards a chance to be on such an important event. To me the MITB at Wrestlemania felt more like a superstar building experience. The lower card talent that lost still got the rub of being at Mania. The people who won actually felt like the next big thing. Dont get me wrong, the MITB ppv gives SD and RAW something to focus on, but its not really necessary. MITB for brands is just lazy booking, and the writers not wanting to build up mid carders to main event level on their own.

I used to be the biggest fanboy of having a Money In The Bank at WrestleMania and when I heard there wasn't going to be one this year I wasn't very thrilled and basically said that it would be better if they put it back on Mania and scrapped the concept show, but how stupid could I have been?

The build up for this show alone has made me a believer in having this as a yearly pay-per-view event to get hyped up over. Get two solid ladder matches and entertaining world title main events in one night surely is a plus over having one simple ladder match with less star power taking up time on Mania's card right? Well thats the realization I have recently went through. So yes the pay-per-view is way greater than holding this match at WrestleMania, well at least at this point in time.

MITB was a wrestlemania attraction. WM suffers with its loss. The last several years of manias have been weaker than average with a few exceptions. The MITB matches were always among those.

Besides, having two briefcases out there kinda cheapens the concept. Lost is the idea that at anytime, anywhere an individual can show up on an opposing brand and completely alter the landscape of that brand going forward.

It's lost a lot of that luster than made it special in my opinion. WM needs the attraction, or something close to try to fill the void.

I always thought that MITB was a WrestleMania tradition, I really felt like it was a good accomplishment getting the briefcase at 'Mania.
I don't have anything against the PPV though, it still delivers but we all know that this PPV's don't have the same "flame" that WrestleMania delivers.

In 5 years, winning the MITB will look like "common" because it will have handed 10 briefcases, so 10 new champions.
I think that 1 per year was great, I still remember Edge cashing in at Elimination Chamber, I wasn't expecting it was a great memory and a good accomplishment for Edge.

Also, MITB was a way to put the younger talent at 'Mania in a match. In my opinion this year WrestleMania needed a MITB or some kind of match with the midcarders.

I personally think the OP is right because as much as I love the MITB match I have 2 problems.

1)There are 2 matches which make the match feel overused and it's not special

2)As you pointed out you could have a tournament PPV or even a Cyber Sunday-ish PPV

I don't agree that it should be at Wrestlemania but I do think It could easily be in another PPV.Summerslam? Vengeance? Extreme Rules? All of them work but just not MITB as a PPV itself.I did once have the idea of Gimmick PPV but that was A little stupid.Having MITB as an opener (midcard only) Elimination Chamber in the middle (One Champ and upper midcards and maybe even intercontinental/US Champs) and a HIAC for the most heated rivalry for the WHC championship or WWE championship (depends who is in the Elimination chamber match)I know this sounds INCREDIBLY stupid but It's an idea

Point is:
MITB can headline other PPV's but not Wrestlemania.
MITB should not have it's own PPV.
A gimmick PPV is always an idea :laugh::laugh:

I used to think it was better suited for Wrestlemania, as it gives time on the card to young guys that wouldn't have been on the show otherwise, but after this year's event, I see that it works excellently as its own show. While having one match for each show sounds like a bad idea, it can work well when the guys involved know how to properly arrange their matches. I don't think I saw any repeated spots on this year's show. The match is the right level of brutal. It's more intense for the possibility of disaster than for the actual danger of the match. It should stay as its own event, at least for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back