• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Money In the Bank 2015: WWE Championship - Rollins (c) vs Ambrose [Ladder Match]

Aeon Mathix

Has Ascended
It's about 4 days before Money in the Bank and I haven't seen a thread on this match yet surprisingly. At Elimination Chamber Seth Rollins got himself disqualified against Dean Ambrose therefore retaining the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, but Ambrose had other plans as he has been in possession of the title since then making Rollins' life a living hell. Not to mention the tension that has built within the Authority including J&J getting a win against Rollins this past monday on Raw.

It should be a great match and as much as I would love to see Ambrose win the title, I think this is a layup for Rollins. This fracture within the Authority the past few weeks just seems like a way to make us think Ambrose has a chance. It's not the most interesting way to go, but with Lesnar putting the title picture on hold yet again until he returns it is just something we have to live with because basically anything anyone does until he returns has no meaning.

Like I said I would love Ambrose to actually win the title and freshen things up a bit in the main event title picture, but I just do not see it happening sadly. Thoughts on this match?

This fracture within the Authority the past few weeks just seems like a way to make us think Ambrose has a chance.

It does, yet I don't think Dean will win the world title....not now, maybe never.

What I'm hoping for is the Rollins-Authority situation to explode and finally get us out of the quicksand that's enveloped Seth's title reign. He's a terrific performer and solid as a heel, yet if he doesn't have J & J in his corner and doesn't have the backing of Triple H, Stephanie and Kane for this match, isn't the time ripe for a complete break to independence?

If it is, the sight of Rollins operating on his own would get the fans cheering him.....much in the manner of Brock Lesnar at the end of his last go-around with WWE, in which he did nothing to deviate from his bad guy ways, yet had the fans on his side chiefly because they didn't like Roman Reigns.

That's what I'd like to see with Rollins......not to necessarily turn him good.....at least, not yet....but to win fan support by breaking with his former associates and defeating Ambrose cleanly.... which is something we were never going to see as long as he had people to save his butt every time out.

That's what I want; Seth Rollins by clean pinfall......but if he isn't breaking with his associates at MITB, it will be the same old dirty ending with him retaining the title whether he wins or loses.

honestly, this match should be awesome. my hope is that J and J Security break away from Seth Rollins, not that i dont like J and J, it's more like i dont like them following Rollins. my hope is that he retains his championship in a great match where no one gets involved (showing his ability to win without the authority) and then earn their respect. i dont mind Triple H and Stephanie and Kane backing him, but to me, J and J would be better used backing up Triple H when it's time for him to wrestle (similar to Vince McMahon and the Stooges). my prediction is that he does win, dont know how, but he wins and a feud with Reigns or Lesnar is in the works. by the way, if he does face Lesnar (and win), my hope is that he wins a no dq match (that way, he can use a chair or something to help him win his match).

It does, yet I don't think Dean will win the world title....not now, maybe never.

Why is that? I always personally saw Dean as the overall best of the Shield. I believe it does speak volumes too that they gave Rollins the big heel turn and Reigns the "machine push" yet basically left Ambrose to his own devices. Reigns and Rollins needed that extra stuff, but Ambrose doesn't. Despite losing nearly every match he's had since the Shield split and being firmly in the midcard, he has gotten arguably the loudest pops out of anyone on the roster. I think he will be a force to be reckoned with in the coming years as long as his booking gets better.

I'll be glad when Lesnar returns and Ambrose is out of the Main Events, he is entertaining but his moveset is nowhere close to the level of a Main Eventer and I find it difficult to enjoy his matches as a result. This will likely be a good match for people who like Ambrose in the ring but for me I cant see myself enjoying it unless big changes are made.

I think the finish should either be Rollins clean or a Lesnar rampage where he takes out both guys then Reigns attack for revenge from Mania and as they fight into the crowd Rollins sneaks his way to the title building towards a Triple Threat.

I just hope this match isnt big move, climb ladder, opponent stops them and repeat

This match is going to be just like their HiaC cage match. Full of scripted giant bumps and dangerous as shit spots. I really don't have much interest in watching a deathmatch on WWE PPV TV, but I'm invested in the Authority storyline, and I'm expecting Kane to get booted out of the Authority and turn face.

Rollins wins this, obviously. He probably won't be champ for too much longer, but that's that.

This match is going to be just like their HiaC cage match. Full of scripted giant bumps and dangerous as shit spots. I really don't have much interest in watching a deathmatch on WWE PPV TV, but I'm invested in the Authority storyline, and I'm expecting Kane to get booted out of the Authority and turn face.

Rollins wins this, obviously. He probably won't be champ for too much longer, but that's that.

I got a feeling this match may be like how Bray vs. Ambrose at TLC was. Ambrose loses like a heel to cost himself the match. It's way too predictable to expect J & J to get involved and Kane is tied up with the MITB match.

20150531_LIGHT_MITB_Matches_HP_SethDean.jpg

This should be awesome. It's the obvious pick for going on last and it is my early pick for the match of the night. They did great in their match at Elimination Chamber and thanks to the Ladder gimmick I fully expect them to put on an even better match this time. Both are very gifted in the ring and Ladder matches rarely fail to entertain. Now, as for the outcome.... I'm fine with either result. Seth winning is the one I am leaning slightly towards as he should have a lengthy reign that lasts at least until Summerslam. I wouldn't mind Ambrose officially getting the belt by winning here. Either way, it has tons of potential. I predict the show closes as Seth Rollins has retained, with no cash-in by the winner of the namesake match. The feud won't end here. Roman's likely briefcase win could lead us into the anticipated Shield Triple Threat at Summerslam.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Seth Rollins retains the World Heavyweight Championship.
No cash-in by whoever wins the namesake match.

I believe Seth will win, and he'll do it by himself. There will be no interruptions from Kane or J&J. I think that once Seth does win, he'll get his confidence back, and realize he doesn't actually NEED the Authority. They're nice to have as an ally, sure, but he can win on his own.

Whatever happens after today is uncertain, for now, but his title reign will not end tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back