Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)

This is one of the most anticipated games ever? I think it's gonna suck and laugh at everyone who wastes $60 for it

This is one of the most anticipated games ever? I think it's gonna suck and laugh at everyone who wastes $60 for it

:sad: I'm going to waste $60 on it. But for the 360, not that it is really that different. And also waste another 60 on Assassin's Creed II, and I still need to buy NHL 10. Plus others. Although I will say not one of the most anticipated games ever.

I didn't find Modern Warfare 1 any good at all. Don't see any of the hype on these games. I'll take a good ole RPG over ANY FPS anyday of the week.

Eh, they aren't for everyone. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Assassin's Creed was better IMO, but still a good game.

PS3 is bad.

Then don’t play one.

I have no problem “wasting” $60 on it. I rather enjoyed the first one and fully expect the second one to trump it. The single player campaign is fun and while it doesn’t have the story that other games provide, it still was deep for a shooter. The multiplayer is very addictive and still going strong 2 years later.

If it's so anticipated, how come I've never heard of it?

Because you never leave your parent’s bedroom to explore the world.

I didn't find Modern Warfare 1 any good at all. Don't see any of the hype on these games. I'll take a good ole RPG over ANY FPS anyday of the week.

I’m more of a shooter fan than RPGs. To each their own. I respect what RPGs provide, and I enjoy playing them at times, I’m just more of a fan of other types of games. And then there are the combo games like Bioshock and Borderlands which offer a good mix of the two game styles and are great to play.

But back on track. Anyone (PS3 or Xbox (no need for me to be selfish and exclude the Xbox) plan on playing this online?

FPS's are some of the most gorgeous and technically polished games out there. The likes of Halo and Goldeneye have set the gaming world on fire. Games such as Black and Killzone 2 are masterpieces.

I refuse to buy Modern Warfare 2 for the price they're selling it at. If that pricing strategy succeeds, we're all fucked. I am, however, heavily anticipating it. That big grey area between casual and hardcore gamers is waiting to lap it up.

If I get my PS3 online, I might be up for a few games down the line.

In other news, I got WipEOut HD Fury today. That game rocks my fucking socks. It's too cool for school and too fast to... last.

I don't know about the first day it comes out, but I will eventually get it. I also plan on getting Assassin's Creed 2 as well.

Both should be great. And Modern Warfare 2 IS extremely anticipated, maybe more so than the latest Halo.

As someone who doesn't play video games, I'm surprised I haven't heard of it.

Ill be playing it like a mad man, but on the 360, and definitely getting the prestige edition with the night vision goggles. I know I'm setting myself up for a epic fail with the goggles, but it doesn't matter because I always wanted them since I was little kid.

IGN.com said:
Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst Michael Pachter sent a note to investors this morning saying publisher Activsion will be printing money this holiday, with sales of Infinity Ward's upcoming sequel reaching epic proportions.

"We expect global sales to exceed $500 million in the first week following launch, and think that the company can easily sell 10 million units in Q4," Pachter wrote.

By comparison, Halo 3, which is considered one of the biggest entertainment launches of all time, raked in only $300 million.

Retailer GameStop recently predicted sales of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 would also be freakishly high, expecting it to be one of the highest selling titles ever.

"We believe Modern Warfare 2 has a chance to be the largest title of all-time, and obviously we're basing that on the reservation activity that we are seeing in our stores," said GameStop VP of Marketing Tony Bartel.

$500 Million in the first week. Anyone still want to say this isn't highly anticipated?

I love how it's COD MW2 when modern warfare was COD4 officially and COD5 flopped

:sad: I'm going to waste $60 on it. But for the 360, not that it is really that different. And also waste another 60 on Assassin's Creed II, and I still need to buy NHL 10. Plus others. Although I will say not one of the most anticipated games ever.

you got Live, Dave?

My brother already pre-ordered this, so I'm not spending shit on it. Win.

And for everyone bashing MW/COD in general for being a weak FPS... honestly, who plays single player mode other than my brother anyways? COD is made for one purpose and one purpose only. Skull-fucking noobs online. Cant wait to try this.

I'm getting it for sure... I think I have a PSN, but I have forgotten the passwords. My new PSN will be something along the lines of JicKieMames. Here comes your all-guns-blazing reaper that somehow wins matches even though his death count is greater than his kill count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back