MMC

adam

Pre-Show Stalwart
The first two teams in the Mixed Match Challenge are Strowman & Bliss for Raw and Roode & Flair for SD Live.

Assuming Lesnar is not available, it would be fascinating to see what teams a motivated WWE would assemble. How about

Nakamura & Asuka
Jimmy Uso & Naomi
Roman & Nia Jax
Cena & Brie
Big E & Carmella
AJ & Sasha Banks
KO & Natalya
Orton & Becky Lynch
Bray Wyatt & Paige
Seth Rollins %

I would have liked to have seen Brock Lesnar and Alexa Bliss vs. AJ Styles and Charlotte.

hDHXlL.jpg

If the WWE Universal and World Champions are unavailable, then I’d go with Roman Reigns and Alexa Bliss vs. Dolph Ziggler and Charlotte.

They've already announced which superstars will be involved in the MMC. They also seem to be making this event a team Raw vs team SD thing, So I doubt there will be any teams consisting of both rosters, which sucks because I really wanted to see Joe/Becky and Asuka/Nakamura.

Teams announced so far are:
Raw:
1-Alexa Bliss and Braun Strowman

Smackdown:
1-Charlotte and Bobby Roode

Personally, I really hope that they go with some of the team ups that the superstars choose/hinted at through social media.
-Rusev and Lana
-Jimmy and Naomi
-New Day and Carmella
-Asuka and Goldust
-Bayley and Finn Balor

Guys/girls left without a partner- Joe, Sasha, Jason Jordan, Alicia Fox, Enzo's replacement, Nia Jax, The Miz, Elias, Zayn, Becky, Natayla, Nakamura

For them, this is how I would pair the rest up:
-Jason Jordan and Sasha
-Elias and Alicia Fox
-Joe and Nia (or because some fans are immature, Joe with Fox and Elias with Nia Jax)
-Nakamura and Becky Lynch
- Sami Zayn and Natayla

Either wwe messed up or I did, but pretty sure with this list it leaves Miz and whoever Enzo's replacement is without a partner. Also with this list Raw currently has 6 teams and SD has 6 teams, but if Miz and the replacement get partners, then Raw would have 8...? So I am a little confused.

For those not familiar with the participant or concept of the MMC, it's a raw vs smackdown concept so you can't have teams faith a member of raw and one of smackdown.

Secondly here the lineup of participant for the show.

Raw
Alexa bliss
Braun strowman
Alicia fox
Asuka
Bayley
Finn balor
Goldust
Nia Jax
Sasha banks
The miz
A mystery guy to replace enzo
And the winner of the fan vote between Joe, Elias & Jason Jordan

Smackdown

Bobby roode
Charlotte
Becky lynch
Carmella
Jimmy uso
Lana
Naomi
Natalya
Rusev
Sami Zayn
Shinsuke nakamura
And the winner of the fan vote between the three member of the new day

So the pairing will be made with those superstars.

So knowing that, I wouldn't be surprise if Joe wins the fan vote and Jordan gets enzo spot as for smackdown I see big e get the fan vote.

So my pairing for the rest of the show would be

Alicia fox & goldust
Asuka & Finn balor
Bayley & Jason Jordan
Nia Jax & Samoa Joe
Sasha banks & the miz

For smackdown
Becky lynch & big e
Carmella & Sami Zayn
Jimmy uso & Naomi
Lana & rusev
Natalya & shinsuke nakamura

And the winner of the fan vote between Joe, Elias & Jason Jordan
Really? Didn't know that. So that is why my numbers didn't add up. Joe will obviously win that vote, but I would rather Drew Gulak be Enzo's replacment and team up with Nia Jax. I could also see Jason Jordan being the replacement to continue the "nepotism" angle.

So we got Strowman/Bliss and Roode/Charlotte for starters. And since it's basically brand vs brand, here some of the teams I would put together:

Balor/Bayley (Raw)

Enzo/Nia (Raw)-if Enzo healthy;they're already teasing love interest angle so why not; if he's not then Miz

Rusev/Lana (SD)-obvious reason

Joe/Asuka (Raw)-rep those NXT roots

Jimmy Uso/Naomi (SD)-obvious reason (although they could throw monkey wrench and have husband vs wife in case of Uso/Naomi and also Rusev/Lana

Miz/Fox (Raw)

Zayn/Natalya (SD)

Sasha/Goldust (Raw)

New Day member/Carmella (SD)

Nakamura/Becky(SD)

On a side note, too bad this wasn't booked like early 2000's though and then you'd get an actual mixed tag match :shrug:

I like the pairings so far, even if I think Braun should be kept away from this.

I'm hoping Asuka gets paired with an opening match act, Curt Hawkins maybe, and carries the team through a round or two before her partner fails her and she decimates him.

As of right now, four pairings have been announced:

Braun Strowman & Alexa Bliss
Bobby Roode & Charlotte Flair
Finn Balor & Sasha Banks
Rusev & Lana

Strowman and Bliss seem to be a compare & contrast pairing with the biggest active wrestler on the roster teaming with the smallest.

I guess Roode and Charlotte are together because they both like robes that sparkle.

Finn Balor and Sasha Banks just seems random to me.

Rusev and Lana are hubby & wife so that's that.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know whether or not there's a point to this? Is WWE going to try to adopt a mixed tag team division or is it nothing more than courting even more attention via social media? The reason I ask is because I have very little interest in this whole thing and I'm wondering, depending on what the answer is, if I should what little interest I have.

From what I've heard, it's just something to get people's to watch the new Facebook streaming service you guys have in the u.s. There no point or reason to the whole thing and I heard that they are wrestling for charity so the winner of the tournament get to give some sort of amount to the charity of their choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back