Are some female talents being held back because of their looks?

cyhh2002

Cody Rhodes Diva
I notice that the reason why the likes of Alexa Bliss, Carmella, Nia Jax, Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, Naomi and even Lana and Nikki Bella are being pushed due to the fact that they look like a model while the likes of Sasha Banks, Asuka, Bayley and Becky Lynch don't?

They all look like models, though I do think there's something to WWE pushing blondes over any other woman lately.

Asuka had a year long undefeated streak.

Some people call Banks Sasha Reigns due to how she was built the last year.

Bayley's gimmick just doesn't seem to work on the big stage.

Becky Lynch is in a title match (though speaks like a deaf woman).

Nia Jax is quite opposite of "model look" and you can market Sasha Banks due to her looks alone so don't really see your example as good ones. Looks can help but dont really see how Lana or even Naomi are in better position then Sasha or even Becky who is probably due to huge push in the future. I mean, we can argue that look is important to WWE but cant really see the argument here. They almost all look like fitness models from magazines and even the ones they don't, like Nia or Asuka, you can sell on other stuff like domination. Its all marketing, it always was.

Looks are subjective.

Vince marrying Linda does not prove he favors blondes.

Peyton/Royce have lost I think every main roster match or so.

Lana is ridiculously hot. I think they just like hot women not necessarily blondes. Nikki, Paige and AJ were the main women for awhile. None of them are blonde.

Alexa has mic skills/character. Same for Carmella. Nia Jax is unique for WWE. Naomi has that glow shit that I bet sells merch like hot cakes.

Becky doesn't really have a character. They pushed Bayley but fucked up and are pretty much still dealing with that. Sasha has been pushed pretty well. Asuka won the freaking Royal Rumble. Probably would have won the title if they didn't hold that Mania in New Orleans. Was involved in the main women's storyline for SD just a month ago.

WWE produces TV. Of course looks are going to play a part. Happens with the guys as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back