Miz Says He Feels Like The Rock; Why That's Out Of Line

I believe his statement was taken out of context, what i got from it was he was comparing his jump between fields of work and not his ability in ring or on mic. For someone who came over from reality TV Miz has done very well for himself as well as the rock did going from wrestling to Hollywood. I doubt he meant it in any way other then that.

unlike some of the others, i think the rock WAS great in the ring, very athletic, but yes, this was just an example of reading 3 or 4 words, and making a big cluster-fuck about it.

trying to switch from one profession where you are known worldwide to another, you are always going to be remembered as what you were when you went big. when someone says Clint Eastwood, what do you think? Western movies right? because that was his claim to fame. For Dwayne "dont call me the Rock" Johnson, it was wrestling. and for Miz, it was reality TV. i'll admit when i first saw him in WWE, i had a flashback to David Arquette in WCW... ugh. But he has really come a long way since then, and unlike the Rock, a lot of people have forgotten what Miz did before, and only see him as the Wrestler. so yes, he was within every right to say what he said.

Do i think as a wrestler Miz is even close to what Rock was? no. but thats not due to lack of trying, he does great with what he can do, but you throw Miz back in the Attitude Era, and i think he probably would have been able to cut Promo's with the likes of Stone Cold, Rock, and Y2J. and match quality? who cares! some of the best actual matches were from Angle and Lesnar, Angle and Benoit, but do people say that for the most part? no. they say it was ones with Austin, HBK, ect.. they were great yes, but for technical ability, none of them had it like the guys with the actual wrestling background. but thats not what WWE is about really, everyone knows that, it's ENTERTAINMENT. i would much rather watch someone get thrown off a Hell in the Cell then watch Angle and Benoit go at it.

I'm late to this big ol' bucket of fail, oh well. Now I'm sure what I'm going to say is repeating people, but I haven't read any responses so too bad.

There is a difference between feeling like someone and comparing them. Miz says he feels like the Rock because they have each made transitions involving wrestling. Obviously the Rock out of wrestling and into movies, and Miz from reality tv to wrestling. I see no problems with this statement. He doesn't want to be known as Mike Mizanin from The Real World. He wants to be known as the Miz from the WWE, just like the Rock wants to be known as Dwayne Johnson. Had he compared himself to the Rock, then we may have a different story. However, he didn't and the OP sucks for having wasted everyones time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back