• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MISTEEERRR KENNNE..Uh Oh, ANDERSOOON!!!

I do think Mr. Anderson is great on the mic and is a very solid wrestler. I know he had tried to go back to WWE recently, and the rejected him again. Their loss and TNA's gain for sure. I had read about the situation for the reason that Mr. Kennedy had gotten released, and it was more politics than injuries. Orton didn't want to drop the belt to Kennedy. So they used the excuse that Kennedy was to STIFF in his matches and hurting other wrestlers. So they released him. Orton supposedly tol Vince that Kennedy had hurt his neck while in their match cause he was working stiff. So they fired him, and Orton never complained again about his neck since that day. I think Kennedy needs to be where he is wanted for his talent's and not where politics rule the wrestling ring. I'm glad he's in TNA.

I think it was a good signing by TNA. Major aquisition? Thats yet to be determined. Kennedy was on his way to being a top-calibur performer in the WWE. He was being groomed to become a future World Champion in the WWE until his injuries came into play and his reputation went down the crapper. I dont think Kennedy ever lost any credibility (in terms of his push) when he got canned.

If TNA can re-start his rise to the main-event and Kennedy can regain what he was gettign in the WWE, I think its very possible that Kennedy could become something big in TNA. Everything that made him popular in the WWE carried over with him (his entire gimmick, mic work etc). Now its up to TNA to use it correctly.

We cant really judge him on that one match alone. Abyss may or may not have been the best opponet for him but think about this too. The people who chanted "Overrated" are the same geniuses who are already claiming it's the end of TNA not even a month into hte new era. Also let me lt you in on a secret, it's the same group of people who called Anderson overrated that cheered when they heard his music. Interesting factoid for ya there. Also the same morons who think that "That Suicide guys reminds me a lot of Kaz." (Heard that direct from a fan in Orlando)

Mr Anderson is gonna rock TNA he can do this

neo.jpg

wait wrong Mr Anderson.

I haven't seen the PPV but past experience watching Mr Kennedy(Anderson) his mic skills are the best thing about him, his ring work is ok, he might be able to make a good splash in TNA but I wouldn't have called him a MAJOR aqquistion

well I disagree I think he is a major aqquisition, but thats not what this post is about. you brought up the matrix thing which I had already been thinkin about since he started goin my mister anderson months ago. I think this could play out well, start calling him the chosen one, make him be hogans boy there to put "the Band" in their place, the chosen one to stop the unstoppables. just as neo was in the matrix, not in a futuristic lame gimmick but Hogan could mentor him. it could make for a great story.

As a Ken Anderson fan, I must say it's great to see him back in the ring.

However, slightly bizarre that Abyss was his opponent, and even more bizarre that the one of the so called 'Hardcore' superstars of the roster would be legitamately beaten by one punch of the brass knuckles.

I now only hope that Mr. Anderson will be pushed in TNA all the way to the top, and will not be held in the midcard, like TNA did Jeff Hardy a few years ago.

I honestly believe that Ken can make Vince regret the day that he released a superstar of his calibre, and I am supporting Ken all the way.

MRR........KKKKKKKKK---ANNNNDDDDEEEERRRSSSSSSSSSSOONNNNNNNNNNN.....

Anderson has AWESOME mic skills and is good in the ring, but he needs to establish himself as a top contender by working on ring work. He is good for a mid card guy but half the people who watch him don't even know what his signatures or special is. I think putting him against abyss was a terrible move, but I am excited to see what tna does with him next. I would like to see him have a fued as a heel with the pop the promos would be great and I think it could elevate both of them. Perhaps a three way fued with ruffe because I think they are all the future of tna at this point

I'd heard his name a time or two, but never really saw him before. It would probably be different if I was a current WWE fan, but to me, his entrance seemed like a no-name coming out & doing a Juventud Rock impersonation.

I will say, though, he put on a heck of a match, and I can see now how he could have a lot of fans. I hope he does turn out to be as good as Hogan's hype for him.

As for the ending, I don't see how anyone could put The Monster Abyss out with one little tickle from brass knuckles without wearing blue spandex and a red cape. It wasn't quite the Finger Poke of Doom, but darned close. Hopefully, they'll let Abyss make hamburger of him later on.

I'm okay with everything Anderson has done, only thing I had a problem with was that his oponent was Abyss of all people. But one match won't change anything, he's back and I'm looking forward to his work. Great mic skills, great charisma, in the ring he didn't shine but he was wrestling Abyss so... he's got an excuse.

PErsonally, i don't see The sigining of Ken Anderson as a big deal. In my mind he at the smae level name wise as Brian Kendrick and Sean Morley. The only reason the guy is in TNA is because Vince McMahon got tired of him.

Mr.Anderson had a great career ahead of him, he he the charisma, and the wrestling ability to make it far in the WWE. He original push was great he was going place actually won the U.S. Title and fought with all the top guys Then just has he was about to come close to becoming a main event star, he gets suspended. The worst part of it was the fact the he made a total fool out of himself and the WWE by giving an interview and saying that he never took drug while being in the WWE. So that all well and good the guy comes back from his supension gets another push was supposed to win the world title from the undertaker but just before he was to win the belt, he gets injured. So nothing happens takes his time to come back, comes back get another push injures both Cena and LAshley during that period before getting injured once again comes back gets injured again films his movie BEhind Enemy lines 3 comes back to plug it goes back the obscurity before finally coming back and almost injuring Randy ORton. No wonder Vince fired him.

The funny thing in all of this is that he would have been such an acquisition if they would have sign him just after is 90-days clause expired which i think was like 3 months ago. HE had all the momemtum in the world back then with all the self promotion he did. But they had to wait until hogan and all the big name guys came in and now he just one of the other WWE rejects that decided to come to TNA hoping that Hogan is the answer to TNA's problem.

Anderson is just a mid-card guys that had so much potentiel but probably won'T be able to make it as a big main event level star, so for everybody thinking that Anderson is a big acquisition, don'T kid yourself, he's just has big of a star has Sean Morley and Brian Kendrick are and that not seeing much.

I could have sworn someone said it was a "major" acquisition. I guess Mr. Injury Prone will have to do.

I can't stand him. He's shit on the mic, and his matches are awful. Before he gets put in any sort of program, TNA needs to make sure he isn't going to get hurt right away, and they need a lawyer to look over the contract, and see if there's a way to get out of it, if/when he hurts himself and/or his opponent.

Putting him against Abyss as a start makes some sense, because Abyss won't get hurt, and if Kennedy gets hurt, it will look like it was on Abyss, and not himself.

I just hope he's limited to one segment/match per week.

Well, it was nice to see that entrance again. I'm surprised how over he was with the crowd when he was doing his own introduction. I have a few words on this, and that is this :

I hope he does not injure himself or anyone he wrestles in TNA.

Seriously, bringing him to TNA, was smart due to how obviously over he was with the live crowd, but they need to keep an eye on him, and watch him to make sure he doesn't go crazy out there in the ring.

However, for all we know, he could have worked on that and improved his ring abilities, thus providing for a safer environment in the ring with him. Only time will tell what happens for Mr. Anderson, and he can't be a title contender as a heel vs heel feud just wouldn't work.

I am not at all worried about him injuring someone or himself. Randy Orton just saw come competition and used his stroke. Look at kingston now, nothing but a small yet forgotten program. He will hold talent down.

Kennedy is awesome I just hope TNA uses him right. But TNA will contiue to focus on the Hogan/Bischoff TNA... It maks it interesting yes, will it spark interest yea but i HOPEthey dont drop the ball like WWE with Kenn....er ANDERSON!

Personally, I liked his debut. I've always loved him on the mic, but that's pretty much where it ends.

His in-ring skills are decent but the fact he's so injury prone takes away from it.

The only two things I can think of TNA to do with him is either:

1. Keep him in the mid-card and only face wrestlers they don't want hurt or,
2. Fire him.

Here comes one of my long, analytical posts, so get ready. Ken Anderson has landed in TNA. I knew it was only a matter of time. Why, you might ask? Because Randy Orton doesn't like him and he had the balls to stand up to Vince's new thing, at the time. I know, here come the "Well, he is injury prone and he was never very good in the ring and he was never this or never that", well, all I can say is, how do we really know? Yes, Anderson had a few missteps in his short lived career at the moment. Not like this has never happened before with a wrestler. Also, instead of letting him go, Vince should have sent him back to developmental to get his ring work back in order. I am telling you, Anderson has the "IT" factor. If you know what I mean, then you know it. His in ring work will improve and if it catches up to his charisma and his Mic Skills, the guy has the possibility to be a huge thing. I have to admit that I missed seeing him on the mic. I'd love to say that I loved his in ring work, and what he did from what I was able to see of him, he wasn't bad. Not the greatest, but on his way to being good.

Remember, not everyone starts in the ring fantastic. I still remember when Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels were green in the ring. I remember AJ Style mwhen he was a member of "Air Raid" in WCW. Was he great? Nope, but you knew there was something there that would make him end up that way. Anderson has a ways to go before he primes, but I have that feeling that when he does, he's going to knock out socks off. Anderson being in TNA is a great thing as long as the progression of him as a talent is handled properly and he is allowed to work in the ring and he practices his bumps and in ring work so that there are no more unfortunate injuries. The man has the potential to be as good as gold as long as it is handled right. You watch, this will be a good thing.

I don't understand why the fuck any fan would care if a wrestler is "injury prone". Will it affect your bottom line? Do you make bets on the outcomes of fake fights? Just enjoy the guy while he's wrestling. If he gets hurt that sucks, but hating on a guy because he's "injury prone" is fucking stupid.

Personally I am excited to see him in TNA. He's got a larger than life personality and TNA needs more personality. I really hope he expands on his character though and doesn't just do the same old schtick everytime as entertaining as it is.

WI represent!

I don't understand why the fuck any fan would care if a wrestler is "injury prone". Will it affect your bottom line? Do you make bets on the outcomes of fake fights? Just enjoy the guy while he's wrestling. If he gets hurt that sucks, but hating on a guy because he's "injury prone" is fucking stupid.

Personally I am excited to see him in TNA. He's got a larger than life personality and TNA needs more personality. I really hope he expands on his character though and doesn't just do the same old schtick everytime as entertaining as it is.

WI represent!

the point of it being a problem that he is injury prone is that he is a danger to himself and others, perfect example is Darren Drozdorf (however he spells that), but the thing is he isnt the worst (lacey Von Erich, Rob Terry) I think alot of his problem was bad luck, at least I hope so. his release was because he intimidated Orton.

The people he faces in the ring are grown men who are well aware of the fact that each match could be their last.

I still don't get it. So from your perspective, if he was facing AJ Styles (assuming you are a fan of him), the whole time you'd be terrified that he's going to hurt AJ?

There's no way he is that unsafe or that bad.

I still stand by my statement that from a fan perspective it doesn't make any sense to hate on a guy for being supposedly "injury prone".

The Droz incident was an accident. I wouldn't consider D Lo Brown to be a dangerous guy but one night, shit got fucked up. Daffney supposedly broke her arm when Abyss chokeslammed her off the apron at Bound For Glory. Does that make Abyss a danger to others?

Here's something that not alot of people know. When Anderson messed up his shoulder it wasnt his fault. It was WWE's golden boy Randy Orton. Here's the story. One night the two were having a match. The planned finish was a roll up victory for Orton. That was it, simple roll up with for Orton to let him win and Kennedy to keep his hype up. Anyway toward the end of the match Ken got in place and insted of rolling him up, Randy pounded the mat. When Ken turned around to see what was going on Randy hit him with an RKO out of nowhere, and since Ken didnt know it was coming he got lick arm locked between him and Randy and out goes his shoulder. He was hurt by Randy Orton in the ring. If he injury prone because he got hurt by someone? No. If you want proof that Randy is a hot head and can hurt someone watch last weks RAW when he got pissed at a mistiming and tried to take Kofi's head off with an RKO. Ive read and listened to Ken say this exact incident in an interview and when he was still trying to prove he should be given his job back why would he lie about an incident with one of their biggest stars? Everyone says he is injury prone and shouldn't wrestle yet these are the people saying they want Dave "Botch"tista as World Champ and Rey "more surgeries on my knee than the million dollar man" Mysterio as a contender. Those two are worse than Ken yet they are loved and have not even an iota of the charisma of Anderson.

I'm glad that Mr Anderson .... ANDERSON.... has finally become an official member of TNA. I've been waiting for this ever since he left WWE this summer. I kept thinking he would show up on Impact sometime last semester. When I first found out I thought to myself "Well it's ABOUT TIME!".

Now the question is, how will he be used in TNA? I'm a little concerned that injuries to himself or others will become an issue again, but since he is with a different federation I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now. He's very entertaining and the change of scenery could be good for him as he seeks to become over with a new crowd, the TNA fans. I think that he will be in the midcard or upper midcard for a while doing some random feuds. I'd be worried about injuries more if he was put in the X Division, so perhaps having him feud with Eric for the Global Championship could be cool.

It's way too early for him to main event, obviously, but I think now that he is with TNA he has better odds of becoming a world champion someday because that was never going to happen in WWE.

TNA has their fan base and WWE has their fan base. To grow though TNA fans need to take a few risks. Anderson is a great risk with a high reward kind of wrestler. These are the kind of people I like seeing TNA take a chance on. At worse the guy is going to produce a decent match. But he is capable of producing so much more.

Anderson is another WWE midcarder with high reward just as Christian was in the WWE before coming to TNA.

One of the highlights of the show. If TNA adhere to this 'edgy' direction, Anderson could fit right in and indeed flourish (Injury notwithstanding). He's got the asshole heel thing cut right out. You know what, they should unleash Anderson on those moron regulars at the set.

:lmao:

It's not stupid. If I'm going to tune in every week, and be invested in watching every week, I want to see actual feuds, and not have them end quickly, or be thrown together because a possible main eventer got hurt. If Kennedy gets put in a title feud against AJ, and ends up hurt, or suspended, then we'll get a pay-per-view main event that was tossed together in a week or two, and who really wants that?

Personality? Entertaining? What are you watching?

He comes out, and says his name twice. Then he gives off a bland promo, and you enjoy that? He sucks. Get used to it.

Daffney supposedly broke her arm when Abyss chokeslammed her off the apron at Bound For Glory. Does that make Abyss a danger to others?

She got a concussion, and those are routine in wrestling. Had she broken her arm, then yes, I'd say Abyss needs to be a little safer with what he does.

Here's something that not alot of people know. When Anderson messed up his shoulder it wasnt his fault. It was WWE's golden boy Randy Orton. Here's the story. One night the two were having a match. The planned finish was a roll up victory for Orton. That was it, simple roll up with for Orton to let him win and Kennedy to keep his hype up. Anyway toward the end of the match Ken got in place and insted of rolling him up, Randy pounded the mat. When Ken turned around to see what was going on Randy hit him with an RKO out of nowhere, and since Ken didnt know it was coming he got lick arm locked between him and Randy and out goes his shoulder. He was hurt by Randy Orton in the ring. If he injury prone because he got hurt by someone? No. If you want proof that Randy is a hot head and can hurt someone watch last weks RAW when he got pissed at a mistiming and tried to take Kofi's head off with an RKO. Ive read and listened to Ken say this exact incident in an interview and when he was still trying to prove he should be given his job back why would he lie about an incident with one of their biggest stars? Everyone says he is injury prone and shouldn't wrestle yet these are the people saying they want Dave "Botch"tista as World Champ and Rey "more surgeries on my knee than the million dollar man" Mysterio as a contender. Those two are worse than Ken yet they are loved and have not even an iota of the charisma of Anderson.

:blink:

We all knew the one injury was Orton's fault. How about all the others? How about his suspensions?

FYI - I do not want Batista as champ, and haven't been a fan of Rey's since he came to WWE. He was much better in ECW.

We all knew the one injury was Orton's fault. How about all the others? How about his suspensions?

I can't recall the order of the injuries, but according to the RF shoot (where Kennedy tells the full stories himself), here's how it went down (paraphrased):

1) The shoulder popping out of its socket was NOT caused by Randy Orton, rather it was in a match against Shelton Benjamin that it happened. They had agreed on the roll-up finish before the match because the ending during the previous house show had sort of bombed:

Benjamin was on the top rope and Kennedy went after him - Benjamin knocks Kennedy down, so that Kennedy bumps his head on the turnbuckle, then Benjamin leaps down and hits Paydirt and 1-2-3. The turnbuckle bump got a bigger pop that Benjamin's finisher, which is why they wanted to change it up to a roll-up, so that the "bigger pop" move was the finish. However, for whatever reason, Benjamin decided to hit Kennedy with Paydirt and doing it stiffly (grabbing Kennedy hard around the neck, in case Kennedy would try to no-sell it), thus causing Kennedy's arm to get stuck between their bodies and Kennedy went down hard (not flattened out), twisting his shoulder out of the socket.

2) Another injury was when he tore a muscle in his side from a bump during the tour of Europe. This was in a 6-man tag in Italy:

What was supposed to happen was that Paul London was supposed to give him a forearm to drop him off the apron, so Kennedy keeps his grip on the top rope loose, to sell the punch more easily. Instead of delivering the forearm, though, London dropkicked (dropsaulted?) Kennedy from very close range, effectively leg-pressing him way the hell off the apron, clean over the mattresses by ringside and into the guard rail. To make matters worse, Kennedy didn't land flat on his back, but twisted to the side, which in all probability is why he tore his muscle.

3) The injury when he dropped the MITB briefcase to Edge. According to Kennedy, HE was the one that was supposed to fill the role that Edge had in the Batista vs Undertaker cage match, where Edge cashed in at the end, speared Taker and pinned him for the gold. This was nixed and Kennedy and Edge went into a match for his MITB briefcase on the premise of "I don't want to put my briefcase on the line." -- "Chicken!" -- "No one calls me a chicken!":

Batista and Kennedy were in a house show match and since they knew each other so well by this time (they had worked many matches up to this point), they didn't necessarily call out all the spots. However, Kennedy was supposed to be launched shoulder-first into the post, but he was selling it for Batista (i.e. running into the turnbuckle himself) so all Batista had to do was pantomime it. Instead, Batista throws Kennedy into the turnbuckle full force (and Dave's a strong guy), where he takes a bad bump and rolls out onto the floor.

After this injury, he worked taped-up and only got an MRI after several more matches. The doc then diagnosed him with a very bad tear (clean off the bone) and he had to drop the briefcase. A few weeks later, Kennedy wanted a second opinion, so he went to another doctor, who performed another MRI and concluded that Kennedy was nowhere near as injured as the first doctor had thought.

4) His suspension. He did not originally make his semi-controversial statements in any interview - he posted them on his homepage/blog, while plastered, at 3 am in the morning. This made him a target for mainstream media and news outlets, where he couldn't really back down from the line and tone he held in his original post.

He has since admitted to using roids during that time and claiming that it was wrong for him to say that he didn't, but he retains that "anyone using roids would of course say they didn't". Yes, he realizes why people would think it is hypocritical to do so, but he doesn't want to linger on it. Let bygones be bygones and all that

5) His firing. We could all see how it happened during the incredibly lame Celtics vs Lakers 10-man tag gimmick match. Orton was supposed to take a belly-to-back suplex and jumped way too high, so Kennedy had a split second to decide whether to flip Orton over or pull him back in. Kennedy pulled him back in and Orton landed FLAT ON HIS BACK, where his head never touched the canvas. Nevertheless, Orton went on a tirade backstage on how Kennedy was unsafe in the ring, icing up his neck and complaining like a bitch about it, etc.

Later that evening, they spoke again and Orton apologized for over-reacting and said it was all water under the bridge for him - Kennedy cracks a joke and Orton goes off on a tirade about "See? This is what I'm talking about! You never take shit serious!" The next day, Kennedy was released.

6) The hurting of John Cena. According to Ken himself, he is still trying how to figure out how selling an armdrag can possibly injure someone. Cena tore a muscle because Cena stumbled and semi-botched it. The Cena threw a hissy-fit in the locker room about it.

7) The hurting of Bobby Lashley... was a work.

Despite his past transgressions, and despite the allegations that he is "injury-prone," I think Ken Anderson is a nice addition to TNA. He is of course a lightning rod for crowd reaction, be it negative or positive. He had the fans eating up his every word as he introduced himself.

The only issue I have with Mr. Anderson, and all of the "big" names that have debuted with TNA over the years, is this: With the exception of the "Band" and maybe a few others, most of them have debuted as faces. Anderson works better as a heel in my opinion, he can garner heat like some of the best. Perhaps some day we will see a heel turn, which is a more natural fit for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back