• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Missed Potential

TheGreatSPAMbino

Getting Noticed By Management
Through the years WWE has emplyed many, many wrestlers. They have also released many wrestlers some of which were extremely talented and had a great deal of superstar potential: Sean O'Haire, Monty Brown and Elijah Burke to name three.

So the question is this: who is the biggest potential superstar that the wwe has let slipped through their fingers? Why do you think this person had the most potential?

Also, currently employed wrestlers who aren't really doing anything in the WWE can be added to the discussion, which of them has the most untapped potential and why?

Santino is being wasted. He has a strong comedy gimmick and talent on the mic, but hell, let him back it up in the ring already. He's a former MMA fighter with some legit experience, and he's strong in the ring. Look at his pre WWE stuff and you'll see that he has real in ring skill. If he were allowed to couple that up with what he has on the mic, he'd be excellent.

Another one in the same vein is Jillian. She's an excellent wrestler, with strong high flying abilities as well as mat skills. Her OVW and even early WWE stuff is great. But now, all she does is sing horribly, muck around for a few minutes, scream, and job. Jillian has the talent to be Women's Champion, but she's stuck in a horrible gimmick.

Wrestlers that have a lot of potential... Hmmm. One man comes to mind, and that man is Jamie Noble. This guy has a great moveset and can have some great matches, and his mic skills aren't bad, but could use a bit of work. But they don't need much. Anyway, Noble's doing basically shit all. He could be helping out the IC title picture, or having a solid mid card feud. BUt he's being relegated to the lower midcard/jobber part of the WWE, and doing absoutely nothing. Waste of a good talent.

This is as of late, but MVP. I don't buy this "losing streak" to be an angle. I think he is really a jobber now and he is at the bottom of the food chain. He jobbed to Kung Funaki, and he also jobbed to Charlie Haas who used his own gimmick. He does not have an intro with pyros anymore, and when we see him on the air he is already in the ring.

I am convinced this is not an angle and it is legit. MVP is a jobber and he is now in the ranks with Jamie Noble, Jimmy Wang Yang, Hawkins & Ryder, Tommy Dreamer, and many many others. The guy hasn't gotten a pin since SUMMERSLAM. Wasted potential IMO. With some more time he could've definately had a major title run. At least an ECW Championship run.

This is as of late, but MVP. I don't buy this "losing streak" to be an angle. I think he is really a jobber now and he is at the bottom of the food chain. He jobbed to Kung Funaki, and he also jobbed to Charlie Haas who used his own gimmick. He does not have an intro with pyros anymore, and when we see him on the air he is already in the ring.

I am convinced this is not an angle and it is legit. MVP is a jobber and he is now in the ranks with Jamie Noble, Jimmy Wang Yang, Hawkins & Ryder, Tommy Dreamer, and many many others. The guy hasn't gotten a pin since SUMMERSLAM. Wasted potential IMO. With some more time he could've definately had a major title run. At least an ECW Championship run.

If he was a permanent jobber then he wouldn't be about to embark on a feud with Kennedy. Mr. Kennedy is one of WWE's golden boys. They'll push him until he get's where they want him to be. They're putting him with MVP because they need somebody who can have a quality match with him and who's got a little name value.

Although it's certainly counterproductive having MVP lose just so his next win will be huge.

Out of everyone currently in wwe and out of all who ive seen come and go i personally think the biggest missed potential was Sean O'Haire.
This guy had it all not only did he have the size, look and build, he had spectacular moves as well. He was extremely athletic and instead of just using power moves he had some incredible high flying moves and some technical skill as well. He was 6 foot 7 and did a fucking swanton and hurricanranas, and did them well. In a match he could definately deliver.
More importantly though, he had an innovative ad awesome gimmick: The Devil's Advocate. With this character he could have become the top heel in the business. Those vignettes and his promos were a work of art and he had the perfect look to pull off the gimmick. What a shame....they stuck him with roddy "preggers" piper after he debuted, and then he was gone...

If he was a permanent jobber then he wouldn't be about to embark on a feud with Kennedy. Mr. Kennedy is one of WWE's golden boys. They'll push him until he get's where they want him to be. They're putting him with MVP because they need somebody who can have a quality match with him and who's got a little name value.

Although it's certainly counterproductive having MVP lose just so his next win will be huge.

Good point but my prediction is the Kennedy/MVP feud will be just like the Hurricane/MVP feud. Hurricane was talking about MVP every week before his return. Then we were surprised by his return. He came out, MVP jobbed and the feud was over. MVP will do the same with Kennedy. I don't expect a feud. Let's hope I'm wrong because I really like MVP's character.

Eugene... Nick Dinsmore was straight up comapred to Benoit for technical prowess and ends up playing a ****** until he finally retires because no indy cards even want that crap...

How about Elijah Burke?

He had mic skills and could put on an entertaining match. If the WWE had any brain at all they would have at least kept him in ECW and give him a feud with Matt Hardy. ECW REALLY needs some talent, considering how small that roster is, and Burke would have been near the top of it.

MMM i use to love sean o'haire. he was great . great in ring and could do anything from being a high flier to a power house like batista. I liked him never new why wwe gave up on him. if he improved his mic skills he would be one of the best world champions ever. his gimmick was pretty stupid if you ask me. but non the less i liked him.

But you cant blame WWE not making monty brown/marcus von cor into a title contender. he was about to do it in a few months i believe and then he gets some family problems. dam what a shame.

Kenny donahue (dykstra)- he had a great heel persona, good in ring skills, great looks, but an additude that needed work. All he needed was strong vetren enforcement and then he would of been great

Remember Ludvig Borga?

I thought he had a great gimmick and a great ring repertoire. He always played the bad guy and did it so well, although he also did a great job selling his opponent's moves.

If he had stayed, he could have eventually moved away from the anti-American attitude and gotten into programs with anyone in WWE, meaning that he would have been as effective fighting heels as faces.

I don't know why he left, but he definitely qualifies as one that the company let slip through their fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back