• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Miscellaneous WWE News Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
With The Big Show apparently out of the picture, a new name has emerged as a possible opponent for Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania. The main candidate's to face Hogan are Umaga, The Great Khali and Shane McMahon.

WWE.com has also added profiles on SmackDown's newest tag team, Deuce and Domino. Oddly enough, they don't have a profile on Cherry for the time being.

2006 Diva Search contestant Maryse Ouellet is now officially a member of the SmackDown roster as they've added a profile on her to the SmackDown section. As of late she's been appearing on SmackDown in some bumper vignettes welcoming people back to the show from commercial breaks. She's currently training and appearing on shows for Ohio Valley Wrestling.

The latest word is that Donald Trump will be working with WWE soon and will be involved with the company at WrestleMania.

Former WWF star King Kong Bundy did a stand up comedy show in Delaware last Friday.

The Sports Section of the New York Daily News had nearly a full page dedicated to the passing of Bam Bam Bigelow today including photos of Bigelow's WrestleMania match against Lawrence Taylor.

E! is reporting that Kevin Federline could be brought back to WWE in a regular role. Everyone in WWE was impressed with Federline during his last stint and Federline actually went out of his way to try and get along with the other wrestlers.

Nattie Neidhart has been assigned to Deep South Wrestling.

Shawn Michaels will kick off RAW tonight.

Wrestling Society X is actually debuting this coming Friday at 11:00 PM EST/PST.

Batista is listed as the champion in post Royal Rumble plans. That could always change though.

The Miami Herald has an article up where WWE Vice President of Corporate Communications, Gary Davis, talks about WrestleMania coming to Florida. "There are those who believe that WrestleMania in Florida would be a wonderful opportunity for our fans who travel from all corners of the globe, as well as for fans in Florida who have not had the opportunity to host and/or attend the big event." The Amway Arena/TD Waterhouse Centre in Orlando and the American Airlines Arena in Miami are being considered for a future WrestleMania.

Tonight on RAW:

Shawn Michaels will kick off Raw tonight right at 9/8 CT.

Cena & Umaga further their storyline.

Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy will face SmackDown's Joey Mercury in a special non-title Raw vs. SmackDown challenge match.

source: PWInsider

-- EOnline.com is reporting that Kevin Federline may soon return to WWE with a regular role.

WWE are re-releasing Mick Foley's greatest Hit's and Misses as a 3 disc set.

Current WWE developmental talent Eric Perez, who has worked at recent WWE TV and House Show events, is currently out with an injury that is believed to be a dislocated elbow.

With former WWE stars The Gymini being released from the company last week, they were officially stripped of the Deep South Tag Team Championships. DSW crowned new tag team champions with The Major Brothers, who defeated Samoan Fight Club (which includes former TNA star Sonny Siaki & Afa Jr.) and Smackdown stars William Regal & Dave Taylor this past Friday in Jackson, Georgia.

To follow up on reports yesterday, WWE Canada President Carl DeMarco stated that this year's Survivor Series PPV would not be held in Montreal after all and instead in Miami, as of December there were no plans to move the show elsewhere. So, as of now, there is lots of confusion over this situation. To make matters even more interesting, Devin Cutting sent this in: WWE has updated the PPV calendar that is made available for WWE's media affiliates. The date and location for Survivor Series have officially been changed. Survivor Series was originally booked for November 25th in Montreal, but that's been changed to November 18th in Miami. That's not the only new info from this updated calendar. Chicago has been picked to host No Mercy. The PPV in San Jose has been moved from November 4th to October 28th and will be called Cyber Sunday instead of the previously announced Armageddon.

MTV's Wrestling Society X will not be debuting in Canada on January 30 when the series officially debuts in the United States at 10:30pm ET (9:30pm CT). According to sources at MTV Canada, a standard programming change was made and as of now, the show will not be airing in Canada. While the show is expected to be picked up eventually, the programming change in Canada was not a move done that reflects on WSX in a negative way. To further this point, Wrestling Society X wasn't the only show that MTV Canada pulled from debuting right away. The reality series "Two-A-Days" will not be debuting this month on MTV Canada either and will instead begin airing on March 1. As always, continue to visit WSX.MTV.com for more.

Dr. Tom Prichard has been hired by World Wrestling Entertainment as the new head trainer of the company's Deep South Wrestling developmental territory in Georgia. Bill DeMott, the former head trainer at Deep South, was released by the company this past weekend.

Prichard was last with WWE in 2004 when he was let go after a changeover of sorts took place internally within the company when John Laurinaitis replaced Jim Ross as the new head of WWE's Talent Relations. Since leaving WWE, Prichard has been a regular on the independent scene and had held a number of training seminars across the United States.

WWE is already going after Wrestle Society X. Considering that a number of people in the organization are under short-term teams, the company is going out of their way to land some of their top wrestlers. WWE has offered Teddy Hart a deal, but it is more because of the Hart Foundation idea. Also, WWE has suddenly shown interest in Matt Sydal and Ruckus. WWE has contacted those two individuals. Sydal, who is 5-9 and 177 pounds, goes against their size directive in hiring talent, which is 6-2 and 250 pounds.

Sid Vicious will be making his first appearance in a wrestling ring in about a year and half as he will be competing in the main event for a new wrestling show called Southern Extreme Wrestling Promotions that debuts on March 2nd in Memphis, TN, The show takes place at 7:30 PM at the old Capelville Gym located on Malone off Shelby Drive. Visit rasslinriotonline.com for more information.

Former WrestleMania headliner King Kong Bundy is now doing stand-up comedy. He did a show last Friday in Delaware.

As of late, Hulk Hogan has been asked about three potential matches for WrestleMania. Besides a singles match with The Great Khali, a match between Hogan and Umaga has been proposed as well. However, the possibility WWE is pushing the hardest to Hogan is a match between him and Shane McMahon. Hogan would be managed by Donald Trump and Shane would be managed by Vince McMahon. Also, The Great Khali would be the McMahon family bodyguard.

Devin Cutting sent this along: The USA Network has released it's TV schedule for March and there are currently no plans for the USA Network to air the WWE Hall Of Fame ceremony on March 31st, which is the day before WrestleMania 23. In previous years, the Hall Of Fame ceremony has aired the night before WrestleMania at 11 PM. The USA Network currently has a Law & Order marathon on it's schedule for that night from 8 PM to midnight.

The New Zealand-based wrestling website NZPWI.com recently conducted an interview with Mr. Kennedy. Kennedy talks about his career, working with The Undertaker, the influence of Steve Austin and gave advice to New Zealand professional wrestlers trying out with the WWE.

Over at WWE.com on the Smackdown roster page, they have added Maryse, Deuce and Domino profile's, but Cherry's profile hasn't been added yet.

There is suspected foul play in the death of Bam Bam Bigelow.

Deep South Wrestling's owner Jody Hamilton posted the following comments on his blog at www.theassassin1.blogspot.com in regard to World Wrestling Entertainment's release of Bill DeMott over the weekend and his replacement as head trainer, Tom Prichard: "WWE has released Bill DeMott, this comes as a shock to everyone at Deep South Wrestling. I love Bill DeMott as if he were my own son. Everyone needs to know, Deep South Wrestling played no part in his release. On behalf of everyone here at DSW, I want Bill, and everyone to know that I will always be his friend and biggest supporter. I don't understand why this happened and the reasons I have been given as to why it happened don't hold water. This has been a gut-wrenching weekend for both me and my poor wife who is still crying over this. If having the ability to shed tears is the sign of a real man, then I guess I am one (HELLUVA) stud. It will take us a while to go through an adjustment period with Dr. Tom Pritchard as the new trainer, I have known Tom for years and Tom had nothing to do with Bill's release, and I know Tom is an excellent trainer so the kids here won't be lacking in quality training. I want to thank Bill Demott from the bottom of my heart for everything he did for me and for the kids training here and for DSW. Bill you are always welcome at DSW. Good Luck and God Bless You!"

On Friday Night February 23rd 2007, Former WWE Cruiserweight, Tag Team, and World Heavyweight Champion Rey Mysterio will be appearing at The 2007 Carl Casper Auto Show In Louisville, Kentucky From 6:45 PM to 9:00 PM.

Then On Saturday Night February 24th 2007, Current WWE Women's Champion, Mickie James will also be appearing at The 2007 Carl Casper Auto Show from 7:15 PM to 9:00 PM.

WWE developmental talent Robert Anthony has been using the ring name Anthony Paul in Deep South.

On Saturday, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart will be signing autographs from 12 to 2PM at Carson's Pro Wrestling World in Alletown, PA. Speaking of The Anvil, daughter Nattie has been assigned to Deep South Wrestling.

“Rambo” meets “The Transporter” as current WWE Champion John Cena dominates the screen in the explosive, pulse-pounding action film THE MARINE. Making his feature film debut alongside veteran actor Robert Patrick (Walk the Line) and sexy Kelly Carlson (“Nip/Tuck”), powerhouse Cena portrays John Triton, a heroic Marine discharged from the war in Iraq only to find himself thrust back in action when his wife is kidnapped by a ruthless gang. It will be released January 30th on DVD.

On the WWE.com page, WWE has the following poll: In the battle of the egos between McMahon and Trump, whose Johnson do you think is bigger?

World Wrestling Entertainment's website has an article up with Dr. Tom Prichard regarding his new position as trainer for the company's Deep South Wrestling developmental territory in Georgia. "Things happened in the past, but I want to look forward, not backward," Prichard said to WWE.com. "I am grateful for the opportunity to come back and work with young talent again. That's my strong suit these days in the business. I've been given another opportunity, and I'm appreciative and grateful. The future is bright, and I will repay WWE by doing the best job I can."

WWE will return to the Westchester County Center in White Plains, NY on 5/12 for a combined Smackdown/ECW house show. They are already doing localized advertising for the show in the New York City market to promote the 2/3 on sale date.

Edge is scheduled to appear today in Dallas as part of the National Hockey League's All-Star Games festivities.

The Sun in Great Britain has an audio interview with Smackdown star William Regal online.

WWE will be holding a fundraising event on 3/10 in Liberty, NY to benefit a number of local charities.

AllHipHop.com has an article up about how Melle Mel, a member of Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five, is training to become a pro-wrestler. Mel is quoted as saying that he wants to try and get "some of John Cena's money."

The storyline coming out of last night's angle with WWE champion John Cena and Umaga is that doctors and officials "were concerned he suffered a ruptured spleen" after being put through the table on Raw. That certainly sounds like they are going to play up Cena will go into the Last Man Standing match at the Royal Rumble injured to build him up as an underdog this Sunday.

The latest episode of VH-1's "Hogan Knows Best" features the hysterical reaction of Hogan to seeing his daughter Brooke's FHM layout, which is to drive around the neighborhood and buy every copy so the neighbors won't spot the magazine. Seriously.

Tatanka posted a note on MySpace thanking everyone their support and requesting fans who weren't happy about his WWE release to email the company and express their thoughts.

Former Deep South Wrestling developmental talents High Impact and Tracy Taylor are now accepting independent bookings. They can be contacted at [email protected].

Anthony Diaz sent the following....I was listening to the Ron and Fez radio show today. They are huge wrestling fans and have recently run a wrestling-like storyline. They had a contest where one of their producers, Eastside Dave, held a contest to see if the fans wanted him to stay or go. If he lost he had to leave the show. They ran thru the whole gimmick and of course, he was voted out. They played up the whole storyline well, taking their time to do goodbye's. Everyone played their parts and stayed in character. Well today, I'm listening and they have a new producer, "The Midnight Rider". He has a mask and all. He is doing a horrible Dusty impression to boot. I got quite a laugh from this. They are still doing great staying in character. The producer is very careful when talking on mic to stay in character as well. It's a real funny bit with wrestling involvement.

Wrestling Society X premieres NEXT TUESDAY, January 30th at 10:30pm EST! However, WSX has created several video trading cards for some of its extraordinary talented athletes. The first three have been posted on line today at the official WSX website (WSX.MTV.COM), and three more will be posted every day this week.

The debut episode of WSX, which will have an early viewing on Friday Night at 11pm, will feature the following matches: Jack Evans vs. Matt Sydal, Black Label Society Performs, an Over the Top Rope Elimination/Ladder Bout for Two WSX Contacts on the Line with the following talent: Vampiro, Syxx Pac, Teddy Hart, New Jack, Youth Suicide, Kaos, Puma, Al Katrazz, Justin Credible, and Chris Hamrick.

Don Juan & Chris Marval from the San Antonio area and XCW were two of the security guards that split Edge and HBK up at the beginning of RAW last night.

Trish Stratus is making nearly $60,000 per episode of Armed and Famous.

sources: PWInsider.com, Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Hardcore Holly will be returning to action tonight after missing last week's show to have the nerve damage in his arm checked out. Holly will be challenging Lashley for the ECW title in the main event of ECW on Sci Fi tonight. It's interesting to note that tonight's show will be taking place in Mobile, Alabama; Holly's hometown.

Also, Hardcore Holly did an interview with the Mobile Register in Alabama to promote tonight's ECW/Smackdown taping. Holly said that ECW doesn't have to adhere to the stricter standards that Smackdown does.

Credit: Various

Hardcore Holly will be returning to action tonight after missing last week's show to have the nerve damage in his arm checked out. Holly will be challenging Lashley for the ECW title in the main event of ECW on Sci Fi tonight. It's interesting to note that tonight's show will be taking place in Mobile, Alabama; Holly's hometown. Also, Hardcore Holly did an interview with the Mobile Register in Alabama to promote tonight's ECW/Smackdown taping. Holly said that ECW doesn't have to adhere to the stricter standards that Smackdown does.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts did an angle at the 1/13 FIP show in Crystal, Florida. He said that the initials WWE stood for 'World's Worst Wrestling'. Backstage, he gave a 30 minute speech to the entire crew on ring psychology. Also, Gregory Helms was at the show.

Sean Waltman was on Wrestling Observer Live on Sunday night and he talked about the autograph signing in Times Square he did with Kevin Nash and Scott Hall back in November. Waltman said that Hall was working out (he's gained quite a bit of weight in recent years) and looking to do a comeback in the near future.

No matches are set in stone for WrestleMania 23 just yet, but WWE still has The Undertaker vs. Batista penciled in with a Wrestlemania winning streak vs. World title stipulation.

Despite The Royal Rumble being in San Antonio, TX, it doesn't appear Shawn Michaels is going over. WWE is said to be opposed to doing two babyface vs. babyface title matches. If HBK doesn't get the title shot at Cena's WWE championship, it will likely either be Randy Orton or Edge. Since they have already did Cena vs. Edge on RAW, it's more likely Orton will get the nod.

Three potential opponents for Hulk Hogan include Shane McMahon, as previously reported, The Great Khali, and Umaga. This is like a big game between Vince McMahon and Hulk Hogan. It's like this every year until one side gives in which usually happens fairly close to WrestleMania time.

Also look for something between Vince McMahon and Donald Trump.

Steve Austin will have some sort of role at the PPV as well.

Also look for something involving The Hardy's, MNM, and other tag teams as well. It could involve Tables, Ladders, and Chairs although that is not confirmed. There will be some stipulation though.

Credit: WrestleZone.com

Some wrestlers making movie appearances:

DDP plays a bodyguard named Jersey in "Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror" in the 3rd story.

Test and Vladimir Kozlov appear in a Rob Zombie fake movie trailer.
taken from blabbermouth.net

Rob Zombie has completed work on "Werewolf Women of the SS", one of the series of fake trailers audiences will see between Robert Rodriguez's "Planet Terror" and Quentin Tarantino's "Death Proof" when they check out "Grindhouse" beginning April 6. In a Jan. 21 posting on his MySpace page, Zombie called "Werewolf" "quite possibly . . . the greatest motion picture ever made!"

According to Fangoria, "Werewolf Women of the SS" features Nicolas Cage donning creative facial hair as Fu Manchu, as well as appearances by Udo Kier ("Blood for Dracula") and blonde knockout Sybil Danning ("The Howling II"). The director has also brought in "House of 1000 Corpses" and "The Devil's Rejects" pals Bill Moseley, Tom Towles and wife Sheri Moon Zombie. WWE wrestlers Test (a.k.a. Andrew Martin) and Vladimir Kozlov are providing the trailer some required testosterone.

Zombie told Fangoria his trailer "is the story of Hitler's plan to create a race of superhuman werewolf women" — played by Olja Hrustic (IMDb) and Lorielle New (IMDb), among others — "to win the war — based on actual documents found in Hitler's bunker."

A photo of Sheri's character "Eva Krupp" from the trailer, which will be about three-and-a-half minutes long, can be viewed at thislocation . The image reportedly shows only one of three beautiful costumes that Sheri will be wearing in the short.

This Sunday "Hogan Knows Best" will have an 8 episode marathon here are the scheduled episodes (Eastern Time).

The Associated Press picked up the story about the passing of Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow, so you can expect to see the story make the rounds in a number of markets during this week. Sports Illustrated ran the story on their website today also.

Marty Jannetty and The Blue Meanie talked about Bigelow's passing on their "official" MySpace pages over the weekend.

Hardcore Holly missed the ECW TV taping last week in Little Rock, AR to have nerve damage in his arm checked out. Holly had been scheduled to face Bobby Lashley in the main event on ECW on Sci Fi tonight in an Extreme Rules Match, but it was announced earlier that Holly has been pulled from the main event and Lashley will now face Test tonight. Whether or not Holly being pulled from the main event had to due with his nerve damage remains to be seen, but its the only thing we can go on at this point until more is known.

Anthony D'Alfonso sent word that ECW.com is featuring a poll asking fans if they think ECW should add more championships. The choices include ECW Tag Team Titles, an ECW TV Title, the ECW World Title being good enough or ECW stars going for WWE gold.

In addition to SmackDown! writer Andrew Goldstein being fired last weekend, WWE also fired writer Travis Carter from the SmackDown! creative team, reports Dave Meltzer.

After yesterday's news broke out about the Survivor Series being held in Miami, FL, and not in Montreal, Colin Vassallo got hold of the American Airlines Arena in Miami for confirmation. "As of today, the American Airlines Arena does not have a WWE event scheduled for the year of 2007," Guest Services Coordinator Cary Martinez said. "We are anticipating the next WWE to take place sometime next year." WWE's PPV calendar says that the American Airlines Arena will now host Survivor Series yet the people at the AAA denied the story this morning.

Last night's WWE RAW did a 4.1 cable rating, with a 6 share.

The 1/20 edition of AM Raw did a 0.6 cable rating, with a 2.3 share.

Brooke Adams was the diva who debuted last night alongside Kelly Kelly and Leyla. We noted yesterday that she would be debuting with ECW after she posted a blog on her mySpace.com page.

WWE legend George "The Animal" Steele will be signing autographs in Elkton, MD at Cecil Country Comics from 3 to 5PM on Saturday.

In addition to Teddy Hart, WWE is rumored to be interested in Matt Sydal and Ruckus, both are under contract to the new Wrestling Society X project.

As previously noted, it doesn't appear likely that The Big Show will compete at this year's Wrestlemania event. According to Dave Meltzer, the feeling is that Paul Wight will never be back wrestling a full-time schedule, as his body simply can't take it. At this point, The Big Show is trying to lose as much weight as he can. He hasn't turned down Wrestlemania, but WWE just decided to go in the The Great Khali direction.

Mick Foley was voted the 2006 Wrestling Observer Newsletter Best on Interviews. He edged out Edge, and Konnan. WWE champion John Cena was voted the Most Charismatic.

James sent the following:

I went to the ECW/Smackdown show and wanted to tell some things.

They opened the show with a dark match Hardcore Holly vs Chavo. The arena was probably half filled, probably about 4000 maybe 5000. The crowd was pretty dead, besides the big Holly pop for the hometown boy.

Holly won w/ the Alabama slam. Smackdown started with Batista vs Gregory Helms. The crowd got into Batista. Batista won. Alot of Kennedy cheers and also imitations. The show had some glitches, like for the over the top battle royal, Chris Benoit had to come out twice. The show was ok. The faces got good starting pops. But, The Undertaker and Kane got huge pops. Even bigger than Holly and Batista.

During ECW, for Test a lot of steroid chants (just look at the acne on his back). For Lashley a lot of Lesnar chants. For Alpha Male, a lot of TNA and pounce chants. CM Punk and Rob Van Dam were way over, but the Sandman's entrance caught us all by surprise. Novone knew where he was and I look beside me, and there he is right there. And for Elijah, I started a Truth chant cause we all said he looked like Ron Killings. The dark match was Undertaker and Kane w/ Paul Bearer vs MVP and Kennedy. Double tombstone like stereo it was cool.

Now, the fun part after the show, and its freezing cold. We saw a lot of wrestlers leaving lets start off with the coolest of the night Kelly Kelly. She made sure all the autographs were signed and hugged everyone and was so cool to talk and hear talk. She has a good heart. Throw Layla in that batch as well, she made sure we all got autographs and was just being fun. The 3 girl, the new one, hid in a car and waited for them and would not come sign anything. Chavo ignored us as well. Alpha Male who rode with Elijah, was right in front of us as was Elijach and would not even talk to people. All these kids and people just wanted a piece of paper signed and they would not, so I looked right at Monty and started a TNA chant. He was pissed and the security gave me a bad look. The Miz signed a few autographs. Now comes the dick. Bobby Lashley, he is riding with King Booker. So, Lashley comes over and starts talking to us, signs one or two autographs said man, I love all of you I will be right back ok I want to sign all your stuff....he took off with Booker. There were little kids and people who just wanted to get back something they have been given. I felt bad to be a fan. The girls are in short skirts out there freezing with us to sign and every guy besides Miz, ignores all of us and leaves and actually feels good about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back