Miscellaneous WWE News Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
source: PWInsider

--Lance Storm has written a new blog concerning the death of Allen “Bad News Brown” Coage. Coage died of a heart attack earlier this week. You can check out the blog at this link.

--WWE will be holding their annual stockholders meeting on May 11th in the Television Production Facility which is located near company headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut. To attend you must be a stockholder and register for an admission ticket.

-- WWE has released yet another WrestleMania 23 promotional poster. You can check it out at this link.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The day after Vince McMahon went on a tirade in regards to pushing Vladimir Kozlov when he was nowhere close to being ready, Stephanie McMahon sent out a memo to the creative team to stop any ideas about using Daniel Rodimer. The feeling is that she feared Vince's reaction to her plans of giving a monster heel push to a tall guy with a good body, but who was nowhere close to being ready. Stephanie originally planned for him to be on the main roster by January, and for him to be aligned with Rated RKO. However, their interest in him has rapidly dwindled

When Harry Smith ultimately gets called up to WWE, it could very well be as a part of a tag team. Harry Smith has been moved from OVW to Deep South Wrestling. He's going to be in a tag team with fellow Canadian T.J. Wilson.

Nattie Neidhart has already started in Deep South Wrestling. At this point, she's being used as an eye candy diva and not as a wrestler.

There is talk of making Brad Armstrong a road agent.

See what's on tap for Smackdown tonight. Below is the non spoiler match listing:

- King Booker vs. Matt Hardy
- Batista vs. Kane
- Mr. Kennedy vs. CM Punk
- The Undertaker vs. Finlay

With St. Louis University advancing in the Atlantic 10 basketball tournament, CW-11 will be showing the Billiken game--which begins at 8pm. Smackdown will air immediately following the game. Batista faces Kane, while Undertaker takes on Finlay.

WWE is already selling the new t-shirt that Steve Austin has been wearing on television all week. You can purchase it at WWEShopZone.com.

Raw was sold out this week in Phoenix, AZ. Foley arrived at the building around 2:00 PM via Taxi.

Kenny did a photo shoot before Raw where he threw his old Spirit Squad gear into the trash.

Source: The Wrestling Observer

Vince McMahon has been telling people that he sees John Cena and Bobby Lashley as the two top long-term stars in the company and because of that, the two of them are to be carefully protected and booked.

Chris Benoit, Teddly Long, Hardcore Holly, Mike Knox, CM Punk, Kelly Kelly, Rebecca and The Boogeyman were pulled off of the upcoming SmackDown/ECW tour of Mexico. The only replacements are Scotty 2 Hotty, Matt Striker, Sandman and Marcus Cor Von.

As noted earlier, Kenny Dykstra did a photo shoot before RAW where he threw his Spirit Squad gear into a trash can.

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer

Donald Trump's appearance on the Imus radio show two weeks ago was considered to be an "embarrassment" internally. Trump didn't know his Bobby Lashley's first name, and when trying to come up with his last name, he thought it was "Lizzy" or "Lindsay". What happened is that an NBC P.R. assistant wrote down the wrong name for Lashley, and then Trump read it, got confused and pronounced it differently a few times trying to figure out how to say it right. However, WWE brass were happy that he got the main selling points of the match out so his appearance was considered to be good. Trump also referred to The Great Khali as "Hindu". He also asked Vince McMahon if every single show WWE does sells out and McMahon replied, "Yes."

The 2/23 RAW brand house show in Reno, Nevada drew 4,324 fans paying $143,882.

Mick Foley's first book signing on his tour only drew a little over a hundred fans. The signing took place at a book store in Ridgewood, New Jersey yesterday. On the otherhand, Ashley Massaro's Playboy signing in New York City yesterday drew a few hundred fans. As noted earlier, the Ashley Massaro Playboy pics have made their way online and can be found at the link below.

As we reported earlier this week, WWE is very interested in signing Mistico. Mistico had a tryout before a SmackDown! Taping on 2/24 in San Jose, California. His tryout went very well and went over highly within the superstars and officials.

Dean Malenko, Booker and JBL came forward to John Laurinaitis and urged him that he should be signed immediately. London even came forward and spoke to writers asking them if he could work with Mistico.

When Mistico had his tryout, however, he forgot to mention that he had signed a five-year contract with CMLL. He still has several years remaining on his contract. WWE lawyers decided that the only way to get him in WWE would be to negotiate with CMLL. CMLL is in no way interested in working out a deal.

So the likeliness of seeing Mistico in a WWE ring in the future is very slim.

The plan is to keep Batista babyface heading into Wrestlemania, although it's obvious that fans side with The Undertaker.

WWE.com has a brand new "Where are they Now?" column featuring Brutus Beefcake.

WWEshop.com has put up a limited edition of 500 Royal Rumble plaque signed by Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton, Edge, Johnny Nitro, Melina, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Mr. Kennedy, MVP, Kane, Sabu, and CM Punk.

The New and Improved DX DVD is #1 on the latest Billboard Recreational Sports DVD Sales Charts. ECW Extreme Rules is at #4, WWE Armageddon at #5, TNA Genesis at #7, and WWE New Year's Revolution at #8.

Vince McMahon did not make the latest Forbes list of billionaires. 946 people made the list including Donald Trump who they valued at $2.9 billion.

WWE will send free WrestleMania 23 DVDs to fans who order the Backlash and Judgment Day PPVs and send their bills to:

Steve Austin will be appearing at the 3/18 Wizard World Convention in Los Angeles to promote The Condemned.

There is talk that THQ will unveil brand new WWE titles for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS at the Superstars Challenge during Wrestlemania weekend in Detroit.

If your looking to get the Royal Rumble Anthology box which will be released on Tuesday set for a good price Walmart.com is your best bet. They currently have the set up on pre-order for only $158.66. From what I have seen that is by far the cheapest price that anyone is offering for the set.

3/8 Raw brand house show results from San Juan, Puerto Rico: Super Crazy beat Lance Cade .. Cryme Tyme beat Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas .. Melina beat Mickie James .. Carlito beat Chris Masters .. Ric Flair beat Kenny Dykstra .. The Hardy Boyz beat MNM .. Shawn Michaels beat Randy Orton in a Street Fight .. John Cena beat Umaga by DQ.

Dave Meltzer reports that the bullring in Tijuana, Mexico that was run by WWE recently is being torn down in favor of building a Wal-Mart warehouse.

Source: Pwmania.com

WWE officials have been in contact with Chris Jericho in hopes of a return around September. Nothing has been confirmed at this point but if a deal is reached he will most likely appear on the RAW brand.

Forbes recently issued their annual list of Billionaires. There are 946 people on the list, with Donald Trump coming in at #314 with a net worth of $2.9 billion. Interesting to note, Vince McMahon is not on the list so if you want to get technical, it looks like WWE is one "billionaire" short for the big WrestleMania 23 match.

Devin Cutting passed on the following WWE press release: TORONTO, March 9 - Donald Trump will make a special appearance at the Verizon Center in Washington, DC for WWE(R) Monday Night Raw scheduled to air Monday, March 12 at 9:00 pm ET on The Score to sign on the dotted line finalizing WrestleMania(R) 23's "Battle of the Billionaires." The contract solidifies Trump's prior announcement that ECW(TM) World Champion Bobby Lashley(TM) will be his representative in the epic "Battle of the Billionaires." The battle was set when, on February 12, Trump challenged WWE Chairman Vince McMahon to a "Hair Match" at WrestleMania 23. If Bobby Lashley loses on behalf of Trump, McMahon will shave Trump's head. But if McMahon's representative, recently announced Intercontinental Champion "The Samoan Bulldozer" Umaga(TM), is defeated, Trump will shave McMahon's head. This year's highly anticipated WrestleMania 23 will take place live on Pay-Per-View in front of 75,000 fans at Ford Field in Detroit on April 1, 2007. Images from Donald Trump's live appearance on Monday Night Raw will be available Tuesday, March 13 via Wireimage. For more information on Trump's appearance on Monday Night Raw, log onto www.wwe.com.

Simon Inoki announced earlier today that he was leaving as president of New Japan Pro Wrestling. We hope to have a further update about this situation very soon.

- Happy Birthday to WWE Women's Champion Melin who turn's 28 today.

See No Evil has been voted the 72nd worst movie of all time by rottentomatoes.com.

source: PWInsider

WWE Diva Ashley Massaro was interviewed by IGN.com yesterday. She discusses her recent Playboy shoot, life as a WWE star, injuries, and more. Here are several highlights from the interview:

Being Picked to Do the Playboy Issue: "I got a phone call and was told Playboy was interested in doing a cover shoot. They used the word interested, like "don't get excited, we're going to talk about it, come to a meeting", but at least they were interested. How do you not get excited when you get that phone call? Finally we're at the meeting, executives from Playboy are there, Vince McMahon is there, a couple of other people are there and we sit down and the people from Playboy start discussing how they want to use me for the cover and pictorial. I'm through the roof, but I'm trying to act all cool and professional, so I'm sitting on the edge of my chair - no bumps this time - and the executive from Playboy's first words out of his mouth are "We want Ashley for the cover and we want to keep her exactly as she is on the show. We want her exactly as she is, we don't want to alter anything. We want to leave her piercings in, we want to leave her tattoos un-airbrushed…we want to leave her as she is." When I heard that, I knew right then that I definitely wanted to do it. That's the first time a magazine has been more than supportive. They spray painted my tattoos on the backdrop of the set, they painted two huge nautical stars like I have on my elbows, and they even wrote the article as "Star Struck" after my finisher. They were just above and beyond supportive."

The Lifestyle of a WWE Star: "We're on the road about 300 days a year and it really takes a certain type of person to do that and be comfortable in that type of situation. Luckily, I'm that type of person. It's probably a lot more work than people imagine. Besides the matches and the physicality and the training, you have all of the appearances and the media and other things you need to attend. We have three live events and one TV show every week, go home for two days, then head right back on the road again."

Injuries: "What we do is dangerous. Obviously things could happen and you have to be as safe as you can, and a lot of that goes back to training safely then applying that in the ring while at the same time being aware that things like that could happen. I know after I broke my leg I was certainly aware of that. [laughs] I went over the top rope and landed on my leg in a Divas Battle Royal. Mickie gave me a head scissors and was pulling me over and Candice dumped me over the rope and I landed on my leg. I had a spiral fracture, a five inch metal plate and eight screws put in my leg, a severed nerve, and a couple of broken bones in my foot. I knew this was a possibility, and you hear the tragic stories of people getting injured in the ring for years and it just comes with the territory. You just have to try and be safe, but at the same time, don't let that riddle you with anxiety. My mom wants to freak out when I do something risky in the ring, but I've always been the type of kid who climbed the highest branch on the tree and jumps down. I broke my arm skating when I tried a rail slide for the first time, so I've always been the type of person who knows I'll get it right eventually, even if that means I get hurt the first time I try."

Preferences between straight and gimmick matches: "I like just having singles matches because it's challenging. I like a challenge and I like going out there and giving it my all. That's my favorite thing to do. I like wrestling, and I like training with the boys, it's fun. It's a satisfying feeling to learn a new move. Practicing something over and over then applying it to the ring and having it work, it's extremely gratifying. Paul London and Brian Kendrick, the tag team champs that I manage, have been spending a lot of time with me in the ring, and I love being able to walk out to the ring with them, watch their matches, and take it all in. That's good for me."

3/9 WWE Raw house show results from Panama City, Panama: Super Crazy d. Lance Cade .. Cryme Time d. World's Greatest Tag Team .. Melina d. Mickey James .. Carlito d. Chris Masters .. Ric Flair d. Kenny Dykstra .. Hardy Boys Def. MNM .. HBK d. Randy Orton in a Street Fight match .. John Cena d. Umaga (Special guest referee - Ricky Steamboat)

Press Release: King Booker has a radio show that will premiere on 790 AM KBME next Saturday (3/17/07) from 10:00 - 11:30 A.M. (CST). The show will be broadcast real-time over the internet through the 790 AM website! Our next P.W.A. event is "March Mayhem" 3/21/07 at the Pasadena TX Convention Center. The Main Event will be King Booker vs. Hardcore Holly.

As we reported yesterday, the speculation is that Simon Inoki resigned as New Japan Pro Wrestling President to work with his father-in-law, Antonio Inoki, in the formation of a new promotion, IGF (Inoki Genome Federation) - which is slated to debut in June. According to Sankei Sports, Vice President Naoki Sugabayashi and Masahiro Chono have emerged as the top candidates to replace Inoki. There is also talk that with Inoki resigning, the New Japan-TNA working relationship could be in jeopardy. As Chris Johnson reported yesterday, Keiji Muto (The Great Muta) is looking to open the door to a possible All Japan Pro Wrestling/TNA relationship.

As noted earlier, the Ashley Massaro Playboy pics have made their way online and can be found at the link below.

Based on the Nielsen Media Research's fast national numbers, Smackdown last night scored a 2.7 rating. The show was delayed in a handful of markets due to NCAA college basketball coverage. The final rating should be available sometime next week.

A New Wrestlemania match has been announced on WWE.com: Melina vs. Ashley for the WWE Women's championship.

Friday Night Smackdown was shown on a delay Friday night on CW 50 in Detroit. Smackdown aired from 8:40 to 10:40PM local time due to coverage of the Big Ten NCAA basketball tournament.

WWE 24/7 now has 35,000 average monthly subscribers in North America. That number has to be considered a major disappointment considering that it is pretty much the same as last year, even after several cable systems picked it up, most notably Comcast. The price tag is only $6.95, thus meaning that WWE 24/7 only makes a little over $240,000 in gross revenue per month.

The T.D. Waterhouse Arena in Orlando, Florida WrestleMania 24 is currently slated to host WrestleMania 24.

Madison Square Garden in New York City will probably getting the Royal Rumble next year.

Tazz noted in his latest audio update on the ECW.com website that he was going to give future updates more of an edge and a buzz since others on the site have free reign to say what they want and he's been towing the company line and being political thus far.

The ECW site also features Tommy Dreamer's new column, with Dreamer's message to Vince McMahon, which has been built up for a few weeks on the site.

Former WWF Intercontinental champion The Honkytonk Man will be signing today at the Wrestling Universe store in Whitestone, New York at 1 PM. For more information, call (718) 746-0010.

California State University's newspaper The Daily Titan has a long article about Jakks Pacific's WWE action figure line.

Mick Foley will be signing on 3/21 at the New York City stop of the Wrestlemania AXXESS tour at the South Street Seaport. For more information, visit www.Wrestlemania.com.

Smackdown did a 2.7 fast national rating last night. The final rating should be available in a few days.

The WWE/360 OTC race car driven by Jeremy Mayfield failed to make tomorrow's NASCAR race and will not run.

ECW.com has a new audio commentary up from Tazz as well as a new column up from Tommy Dreamer.

On today's edition of Hillbilly's "Moonshine Matinee" on Sirius' ch.63, he mentioned that JR will be inducted into the Hall Of Fame.

WWE.com has an article up about RAW stars currently on a tour of Central America.

A new "Around the Ring" with JBL and Michael Cole is up at WWE.com as well.

All of the Mick Foley interviews are up at WWE.com.

Source: Wrestling Observer

When Triple H makes his return around Summerslam, it is expected that he will not be partaking in a Degeneration X vs. Randy Orton and Edge feud.

Vince believes that it would be nearly impossible to keep Orton and Edge a hot tag-team for that long. It is also expected that the two are due to be splitting back up into singles competition within the next few months. With that being said, Edge has also asked to not feud with Triple H when he does make his in-ring return.

The reason Ricky Steamboat was shown using that name on RAW this past week during the Nick Bockwinkel HOF segment is because he had finalized a deal with his ex-wife Bonnie and thus he owns the rights to the name "Ricky The Dragon Steamboat" again. This move would enable WWE to use him in some sort of legend capacity as a character, make merchandise on him, and at some point induct him into the Hall of Fame.

Rob Conway had been working as an assistant trainer in OVW but hasn't as of late.

Nick "Eugene" Dismore has been used too much as of late because he's currently in the process of moving out of Louisville, Kentucky.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Paul London & Brian Kendrick are celebrating their 294th day as WWE Tag Team Champions today. They have now tied for fourth ALL TIME in WWE tag team history in longevity with the British Bulldogs( 4/7/86-1/26/87) and Chief Jay Strongbow & Billy White Wolf (12/7/76-9/27/77).

They will pass both those teams and become the 4th longest reigning tag team champions in World Wrestling Entertainment history as of tomorrow. Not bad for a couple of cruiserweights.

Of course, they're the longest reigning Smackdown tag champs in history, but they still have some catching up to do to three World Tag Team Champs: Demolition still has the record at 478 days, Jimmy & Johnny Valiant are second at 370 days, and Toru Tanaka & Mr. Fuji are third at 337 days. And after today, London & Kendrick are #4.

Partial Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- Molly Holly attended the Raw house show in Guatemala last night. WWE.com has an article about Molly and photos from the show.

- Former WWE superstar Rikishi was working as the head booker for the Nu-Wrestling Evolution (NWE) promotion in Italy, but Vampiro convinced the powers that be to give him the reigns, with the idea that Vampiro (with Wrestling Society X) could get guys exposure on MTV worldwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back