Minnesota Vikings: Rigged loss?

J.J.

Mid-Card Championship Winner
The Vikings suffered from a classic case of the Ray Finkle's in their loss over Seattle, but what were the odds the laces were in? Just unfortunate luck for the Vikings or was this rigged for the NFL to expose a Seattle/Carolina game since it screams more ratings than Minnesota/Carolina?

Wow. This is more out there than the guy claiming WWE is releasing DB because of Roman Reigns.

Well one things for sure: the kicker would absolutely, unequivocally need to be in on it. Just turning the laces in does not create such a shank. In fact, several kicks throughout the year were made with the laces in.

It's ironic, because I was listening to a morning radio show just this morning where they were talking to Chris Kluwe, the former Vikings punter. He said the laces simply lessen the contact area a kicker hits when kicking the football. It will accentuate any error a kicker makes in the contact of the ball, but won't come even close to shanking it that badly by itself. Walsh's plant foot is the reason it was shanked so bad. It was way too inside, so when contacting the football he was swinging his leg very right to left, so when he hit it, he hit it way left.

He also mentioned a brief thing about the laces throwing off a kicker mentally. That may be true. He'd know more about it than any of us would obviously, but the plant leg is the big factor.

So in short, for a guy who comprised every single point Minnesota had in that game, he sure planned perfectly for the game to be all on his leg when it counted. What a conspirator :rolleyes: Guy should give me the lottery numbers.

Personally I view it as just another loss, was just going off the buzz that the game was rigged. This is what happens when you run an ultra conservative offense the whole season and game. You put your season on the foot of a kicker. They have no one to blame but themselves. Can’t leave Seattle in the game while you play Teddy ball… RUN, RUN, PASS, PUNT. Like Cincinatti, the Vikings blew a won game. These teams just cannot flourish under pressure which is why we have the same five teams or so winning for the last decade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back