• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mike Adamle. He's a work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EtherBoo

Dark Match Winner
I've done a search and didn't turn up any threads about this.

Mike Adamle's performance is a work, and it looks like everyone fell for it. It's interesting, because I don't think anybody expected a commentator to take on a character, with the intent of being disliked not because they agreed with and supported the heels, but because they just sucked at their job.

Seriously, how can anyone believe that he was that bad. He's currently a sports anchor and reporter. He's a professional. How can anyone think that he seriously thought Jeff's last name was "Hardly."

Think about it in retrospect. How many of you either torrented the ECW show when he walked off or watched the rewind on WWE.com? How many of you watched next week just to see what the hell was going on?

WWE creative has been doing some pretty interesting things, and I just can't see someone who works as an NBC anchor in Chicago (a fairly large market) being so bad.

Just check out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHsXDYRkzkU

He is not bad, he doesn't make the same mistakes. WWE has him playing a character, and from his first day in the WWE, they planted the seeds for this, with his botched mistakes. The funny thing is, most people, including the wrestlers were kept in the dark, so everyone fell for it.

Remember, Wrestling isn't real, it's scripted, and it looks like everyone marked out for Adamle.

I've known it from the start. I checked out some of his earlier work and it was a completely different guy. It's been fun watching everyone mark out though. Seriously, nobody is THAT stupid. Just look at him as General Manager. He hardly screws up anymore. He just plays the stupid character so well that people become marks again. Fun stuff.

Im not quite positive if it was a work, im not saying it was or wasnt but I will say that the video you posted was horrible proof that he is "good", it looked like he was fighting on what to say on every line he said

It's not a work.

He screws up lines due to nerves.

In WWE he doesnt have a teleprompter...he's out in front of 15,000 people screaming and booing at him.

The fact that some are actually convinced he's not this bad speaks volumes of how well WWE creative has handled his transition from the booth to the GM post.

Play by play is not the easiest job in sports, and for someone who knew nothing at all about the product coming in, you couldnt expect more than what he brought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back