Mid-Card Title Idea

Papa Pillman

I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Tell me if anyone else digs this idea...

First bring back the TV title. Next, every week Impact! would either have an X-division or TV-title match. That match would either be the first or last on the card, and operate under No-DQ rules. The No-DQ stipulation would gauruntee a finish and occasionally(or for the right wrestler) would also open the door to the hardcore/extreme element.

I think it would be great for the show, to know that every week Impact! was going to have an important and entertaining opening match or main event with a finish(and maybe some original spots or chair shots).

This would also allow them to use more of their roster, as they could spread around the shots or have multi-competitor gimmick matches(they could even bring back TNA.com voting to decide some of these title match-ups).

It would also allow them to use a guy like RVD(who would be a perfect TV-champ in this scenario), without him being pushed ahead of younger guys for the world title.

It would also be a good vehicle for everyone- from arguably underutilized TNA originals, to on-the-verge stars, to upper-carders who aren't the current #1 contender to the big belt.

How could you in-state this idea logically??

To show its easily possible, here's a little fantasy booking from yours truly:

Much to Hogan/Bischoffs chagrin, the network should decide to force them to vacate the TV-title because of inactivity, and set-up a one night Impact! touney to crown a new champ. An upper-card face (like RVD, Anderson, Morgan, AJ or Angle) should win the title, again thwarting Immortal.

In an attempt to bring back the belts to their side, Hogan/Bischoff decree that either the X-division or the TV title must be defended every week on Impact!.

After a couple weeks of their guys not going over, they could up the ante and make all of those matches no-DQ(attempting to steal the belts via run-in).

After a couple more weeks of failed tries, this plan could eventually appear to work out for Hogan/Bishcoff as Immortal could finally gain the belts.

Then, to protect those titles, Hogan/Bischoff would attempt to then lift the weekly title defense format; only to be informed by the network that the format is good for ratings and therefore must stay.

A angry Immortal camp could then continue to exploit the format over the next couple of weeks by making one-on-one title matches between two Immortal members that resemble glorified sparring sessions.

In response(for the sake of the ratings), the network would punish Hogan/Bischoff by assuming the role of matchmaker for these title defenses themselves(or occasionally allowing the fans to vote for who should get the shot online at TNA or Spike's website). Also insuring(for the sake of the ratings) that these would mostly be quality matches between high-level and over wrestlers.

Seems like a fun idea to me...

I like the fact TNA offer more hardcore elements than WWE, it gives them a unique selling point and could attract fans bored with the more resctrictive WWE style at the moment

I am not entirely sold on the idea that the TV title needs to changed again though. It has already been the Legends, Global and now TV title, with the holder being changed regularly. It needs some stability and a few good feuds to establish it as a prestigious title, not just an extra belt added to the show for no reason.

More focus needs to be placed on the title, but I am not sure this idea is the way to go. It interests me, but I do not think it would particularly benefit TNA, with a belt being vacated yet again.

The TV/Global/Legends title is beyond a joke at this point... A whole new belt needs to be constructed and a large tournament to crown a winner is the only way to legitamise it. It will have to be earned BIG time for anyone to even care about it...

The previous mid card belt can no longer be used it is a farce and I think TNA "killed" it off when they did Abyss...

I think the Television Title is fine it just needs to be used more. I don't like the No-DQ situation to be honest.

I do like the idea of one week TV Title Match & the next week X Division. It'd be nice to have Hogan & Bischoff even involved with the secondary titles. The same people on all the time can be annoying.

But I'd give the TV Title to The Pope & have him feud with Matt Hardy.

I would bring back Abyss and have him drop the belt to Crimson, because to me this guy needs to be on tv more and this would be a good way to feature him. I've only seen him in a couple of matches but he looks like he has what it takes to eventually be a major player in TNA.

I would put him in matches with Pope, Morgan, Williams, Mangus, Rob Terry, Joe, Hernandez, and RVD. He has the speed, power, and athletic ability to compete with all of them. I would have him go over all these people for 6 to 10 months and squash people like the Bucks, Gunner and Murphy, Moore and Neil so it would build him up and give him and the title credability.

Then eventually they can move him along to the main event picture or even team him up with Morgan cause I think they would make an awsome tag team and give Beer Money some good competion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back