Michael Tarver: The Next Signing of TNA Wrestling?

Ferreira

SORRY! About you damn luck!
According to wrestlingnewsworld.com, former WWE Star Michael Tarver, real name: Tyron Evans, was said to be sitting ringside during the current Impact Wrestling taping last night.

michael_tarver_02.png

No word on whether he has signed with TNA or if he was just in the crowd after a visit with friends backstage. If he indeed signs with TNA Wrestling what do you think about this? Is he a good signing or just a bad pick by TNA management?

If they do sign him, should they send him to OVW to repack him or is he ready to start right away?

PS: It's not a spoiler because Michael Tarver did not participate in the tapings, so I'm hoping I wont get in any trouble because of this thread...

I didn't care much for him. I don't even remember him getting much mic time and his character wasn't all that great. I'd send him to OVW and repackage him. Get rid of that stupid Lone Ranger bandana look.

Bad signing to me, but I didn't watch him enough to know. But what I did see I didn't care for.

A signing should surely add something to a Roster, what would he add? nothing bar a few more cheesy tatoos. I hope he doesn't sign TNA can do alot better.

When I was in Ohio I remember seeing him in a local indy promotion a few years ago, he was terrible and botched many moves, terrible at selling moves. I saw him take a dropkick and fall seconds later and the received heat from the crowd for that, what made it so bad is he was wrestling in their main event. Never knew how this transitioned to a WWE contract and i was not surprised by his WWE release. I hope TNA isn't planning to sign him to nothing more as a developmental talent.

There must be a reason that WWE took him to FCW and then into NXT and then as a member of Nexus in Raw, Smackdown and some PPV's

He never played a big part in any of these but it still shows potential.

TNA just need to make sure they are taking on a serious talent and not just on the grounds that.. "if WWE saw potential then he must have potential".

There must be a reason that WWE took him to FCW and then into NXT and then as a member of Nexus in Raw, Smackdown and some PPV's

He never played a big part in any of these but it still shows potential.

TNA just need to make sure they are taking on a serious talent and not just on the grounds that.. "if WWE saw potential then he must have potential".

From a business aspect I guess they're looking at him as somewhat of a recognizable name even Iif he is associated as a former mediocre Nexus member.

This could be great for Tarver..he can shoot how WWE treated him like crap, and didn't he have problems with Cena at the time, during the Nexus storyline?

If you're somebody who has seen him only from his NXT and WWE days, as I have, you don't really have much to go on. But back then, I had him earmarked to be one of the guys who could come out of the group and make a success from themselves alongside Barrett. Again, I didn't really have a great deal to base that off, but the way he seemed to carry himself with confidence, his bandanna (which was a lovely little touch) and even his speaking ability to a smaller extent, all looked promising. Although his wrestling did leave plenty to be desired...

Then we had a frustrating teaser period where it might have looked as if he'd make a re-debut. He was found hanging around backstage during many pivotal, and not so, moments at the time such as during the whole 'who texted Kevin Nash?' fiasco. Then he got released... totally out of the blue. At the end of it, I was left hoping to see more of him. From what I remember, he was pretty stiff and green iin the ring but these things only get better unless you're as bad as Rob Terry.

I'd love to see him get a second chance to show what he can do on national television, but it's fairly speculative at this juncture I fear.

This could be great for Tarver..he can shoot how WWE treated him like crap, and didn't he have problems with Cena at the time, during the Nexus storyline?

Tarver claims that Cena did not show him any respect. I guess when Cena took out Tarver that was meant to take him out of Nexus, Cena legit hurt Tarver. Afterwards, Jeaaaaaannnnn apparently laughed about the incident.

I don't think that ripping the WWE would be a wise decision for Tarver. He'd get a pop from the ImpactZone goons the first time he played it out, but how does that help in a feud with anyone on the current TNA roster? If anything, it would end up with him feuding with a face that would be admitting he liked a guy from up north.

There are a ton of guys that I have personally seen Zema Ion wrestle, had chemistry with, and could pump some fresh blood into the X-Division. Johnny Gargano, Matt Cross, Michael Facade, and a few guys that need some work, but have a TON of potential in Bobby Beverly, Eric Ryan, and Jason Gory. Gargano and Cross are the most notable of the bunch, and many of thenm have pretty good experience in DGUSA and the nice mid-tier Indy promotions.

I for the most part have only watched the last 10min of raw...and only raw...for the last couple years. I can only really go by what you guys say. When I have to actually watch wrstling on a laptop or any small screen, ir isnt worth watching so im not gonna go back and catch youtube vids, If he is a tna signing then well i hope he gets the pope or morgan treatment where they rebuild him and make him be recognized as their talent

I just can't look at him the same after the Gregory Irons incident. If you don't know who Irons is and don't know how Tyrone Evans is linked to him, look it up. All I know is this, whether it was even Irons or anyone else, I can't ever condone or back someone who acts like an idiot in the ring and either takes things too far, or allows them to go far.

I can't remember who said it, but one wrestler from the past talking about how you never want to hurt your opponent, you want to protect them and keep them around to continue building the story. Big angles and long programs are how you make money in this business and build yourself up to main event status by putting on a great show for the fans.

In the Gregory Irons situation, Evans proved to me he wasn't about that.

They can sign whoever the *^%@ they want.
All that matters to me is how they are booked.

If they do sign Tarver, give him the right push or booking.

But right now TNA doesn't need to focus on a whole new guy. They need to work with some of the new names they have made like Gunner, Crimson, etc.
Those guys, along with Styles, Joe, Roode, Storm, MCMG, and a few others are who they need to put focus on TV. While putting the younger ones in OVW.

If they do sign Tarver, give him the right build or i wont care.

If you're somebody who has seen him only from his NXT and WWE days, as I have, you don't really have much to go on. But back then, I had him earmarked to be one of the guys who could come out of the group and make a success from themselves alongside Barrett. Again, I didn't really have a great deal to base that off, but the way he seemed to carry himself with confidence, his bandanna (which was a lovely little touch) and even his speaking ability to a smaller extent, all looked promising.

I actually agree with all of this.

Typically I'm one of the first guys that balks at the idea of TNA signing any ex-WWE talent that isn't already main event or cusp main event(like Jeff Hardy, Anderson, and RVD for example). I don't get the point of people who call for the signing of mediocre and marginally talented performers that don't standout and have no chance of getting over like Carlito, Masters, Harry Smith, etc.

But Tarver is a different animal. Something about Tarver's look and how he carried himself just made him standout. From the first season of NXT and into the Nexxus angle,(other than Bryan of course) Tarver to me was always the guy who most caught my eye as a serious future player in the WWE- even more so than Barrett or Sheffield who also both had alot going for them.

His size and look are top-notch, and his mic work is actually really solid and should only continue to improve. His ring work still needs to progress- but we see guys like Morgan, Crimson, Anarchia, Bischoff, Neal, and occasionally others, who are worse between the ropes than Tarver is, on Impact on a weekly basis.

The other great thing about Tarver is that his run up north was shortlived, and he never got a chance to really be a character in the WWE on his own; therefore, people are less likely to really associate Tarver as just an ex-WWE knockoff, eventually he has the opportunity to become a guy who is looked at as more of a true "TNA-guy", much like Morgan is now in my mind.

He is young, athletic, has a good look, can do the job with the stick, and he still has room to improve. I say if cretive actually has something interesting for him- than go for it.

BTW as a suggestion, given his spiritual background, I'd say that an initial alliance with D-Von, and a feud with the Pope would be a plausible way to bring him in. And that could actually give some direction and purpose to a currently dragging and slightly floundering storyline that has unfortunately been going on to long to just disappear.

Meh. I don't see why this signing is worth anything cept for an OVW developmental deal. the TNA roster is crowded as it is. They don't need to sign more people. Unless it's an OVW deal, I do not like this signing at all. Not that Micheal Tarver's a talent worth developing, but it just seems pointless and unnecessary.

I just can't look at him the same after the Gregory Irons incident.

This is another reason. That was some of the most unprofessional and disgusting things I've seen outside of legit injures. I'd like to see Taryn Shay come up for some fresh blood in the KO division, and give Jesse Smothers a look too.

Tarver joining TNA's roster could be alright. I would have him go through developmental first so he can prepare before going up to the main roster. I don't see anything significant changing if/when he debuts, but they won't know unless they give him a shot. WWE didn't really do anything other than have him text in backstage segments after his injury during the Nexus angle.

Hey, he must be the one texting Laurinaitis all the time!

In all seriousness though.... I would like to see TNA give Tarver a legit chance. He's great at promos and he would bring something new to the X Division or he could make a decent Television Champion. ANYONE is better than Eric Young or Robbie E. He should do fine and I think TNA will be a better fit for Tarver because they might give him a better shot than WWE did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back