Metal Gear Solid 4

brahma62

Occasional Pre-Show
So its coming out in June. I've heard that it's gonna use all the technology blu-ray can handle which is about 50gb. I was wondering would a 40gb ps3 be able to save the game at all? I want a ps3 because im tired of the 360, and i really couldn't care less about backwards compatibility. I mean ps3 has MGS4 coming out along with GOW 3, Killzone 2, Gran Turismo 5, Resistance 2, Haze, and many more. I really want this ps3 but if freakin it can't play a game because of a memory size, i wouldn't waste my money. Anyone know anything about this?

Metal Gear Solid 4 looks amazing though from what i've seen. And if it uses ALL the blu-ray space in the disk it must have amazing graphics, sound, the whole 9 yards. The creator said it wasn't enough though because he wanted to do more but the technology wasn't enough, which is insane. The story sounds incredible but i wouldn't expect any less.

So its coming out in June. I've heard that it's gonna use all the technology blu-ray can handle which is about 50gb. I was wondering would a 40gb ps3 be able to save the game at all? I want a ps3 because im tired of the 360, and i really couldn't care less about backwards compatibility. I mean ps3 has MGS4 coming out along with GOW 3, Killzone 2, Gran Turismo 5, Resistance 2, Haze, and many more. I really want this ps3 but if freakin it can't play a game because of a memory size, i wouldn't waste my money. Anyone know anything about this?

Metal Gear Solid 4 looks amazing though from what i've seen. And if it uses ALL the blu-ray space in the disk it must have amazing graphics, sound, the whole 9 yards. The creator said it wasn't enough though because he wanted to do more but the technology wasn't enough, which is insane. The story sounds incredible but i wouldn't expect any less.

The games don't actually take up that space on your hard drive. Sony and Konami both have reputations for exagerating the size of titles as well, so I wouldn't even count on Metal Gear being 50 gb, but if it were you could still play it. There is no way they would make a game that cannot be played on all PS3's.

50 gb is what a bluray disc hold, not how much required hard drive space it needs. I think the highest any game has required so far is 4 gb for Devil May Cry 4.

I'm thinking about going out and buying a PS3 just for this game alone. I'm a big fan of all the Metal Gear games. I've beaten them all, and I've loved them all. They all have amazing stories, and I don't expect any less from this one. Metal Gear Solid 4 is going to be amazing. I can't wait to see how they tie all the games together.

So i got this game the day it came out and it was worth every penny. The game is so amazingly put together it really shows what the ps3 can really do. The graphics are awesome and the storyline is so good that when you put the 2 of them together you think youre playing a movie instead of a game. It's rather long too, about 20 hours altogether so there's plenty to do. The weapons customization is insane as there is alot of stuff to add on to the guns. The boss battles with the Beauty and the Beast unit are awesome. One of them you will find similar to the Sniper boss in MGS3, not as frustrating but just as good. I wish i could type more but it's hard to do on my ps3. GO GET THIS GAME

IGN has stated that they would give this game an eleven if they could (why can't they, its their site) which I think they should have after giving GTA 4 a perfect score. This game is clearly superior to GTA 4 in every way shape or form. The only reason GTA got a perfect score is that its open world. Play Metal Gear 4 and then pop GTA back in and then you'll see why this game should be a 11 or even 12 or 13 compared to GTA.

Metal Gear Solid has always raised the bar for stealth and action games and this one is no exception. I'll do a full review when I'm done, but this is already being considered for best game I've ever played.

Yeah, I've heard it's pretty awesome. I believe what I hear too. Seems just as quirky as the old Metal Gear's too. Be warned though, the final cutscene is meant to last for two hours. That's a movie right there. They just made a Metal Gear Solid movie and put it on the end of the game. I also here the game is more actiony before but, from what I've seen of the combat, that's no bad thing. Metal Gear has always blended different elements of gaming seamlessly and produced great products, and this seems to be the best one yet. Crazy as Hideo Kojima is, he knows how to make games. Shame Metal Gear actually loses him money, apparently.

I'll be buying it. It's just a question of when. I wanted to get it the other day. But resisted because of that stupid racing game I bought. I refuse to only play it for a week, and give up. Even though I'm hopeless at it.

I'll also be hopeless at MGS as well. The only time I've played any of the others is when I had a sampler of the first. I couldn't even complete that section. I looked up cheats for the first level. I can't do games, but I like to spend my money on them.

I'd buy it if I had a PS3. I'm too poor! I bought a magazine a few months ago, not sure which one, and it had a preview of the game on DVD and it was a fantastic preview. A cutscene that lasts 2 hours? That's 1 hell of a long time, although to have one that long and put it in the game must mean that it's the ending of the series?

Has anyone got the game, and if you have, can anyone tell us how good it is!?

There are no cutscenes that are 2 hours long in the game. Some cutscenes are pretty long but are worth it because they add to the story and some are insane with the action. Asyou probably saw in the trailers Raiden from MGS2 make some appearances and he is a straight up beast with his action.

As i said i already beat the game and it is amazing from the boss battles to the guns to the story. Word of advice dont turn off the game before the credits are done because you get alot of extras about three minutes after the credits start like guns new color holsters and it saves ur guns incase u play it again.

Finished it on Solid Normal around Monday i think, all i can say is this game is EPIC! Could very well be the best game i have played and even though some people were hesitant because of the lenghth of cutscenes some of them are just so good, best example is the end of act 3 i think where Liquid activates Guns of the Patriots, one of the most exciting and engaging moments i can remember in a game or a film.

Gameplay, story and graphically this is amazing and am very happy it has managed to exceed my expectations (which were high enough as it is). A true gaming masterpiece that ends the best franchise around with a huge bang!

I bought the game this past Saturday and I'm enjoying it. I haven't been extremely impressed by the story but it's interesting enough to provide a reason for progression. Furthermore the gameplay is solid and the graphics are amazing. MGS 4 is truly a technical masterpiece.

The only complaint [I have at the moment] is the length of the cutscenes, and the damn Gekkos.

Edit: I have reached Shadow Moses and would like to add that I hate Scarabs.

There are no cutscenes that are 2 hours long in the game.

I beg to differ, the ending cutscenes had to be to the VERY least an hour.

The game itself is worth the money(the online is a plus), the best game out now and the only great game the PS3 ever had IMHO. Its story is flawless and a great way to end Solid Snake's tale. Hopefully this isn't the end up of the Metal Gear series... but it likely is.

Anyone else hope they let us play in the past as Big Boss/Original Snake again like we did in MGS3?

By far the best game of all time. GTA IV has not got shit on MGS 4 it's a 10/10 and is definenley worth the money. If you don't have a PS3 I feel very sorry for you. The game itself is one of the greatest Video Game franchises around; Metal Gear Solid. The ending is the best ending I've ever seen in a game it's so Epic the End Cut scene almost made me cry. The Characters have awesome voice actors and great Animations. 3 words BUY THIS GAMEE!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back