Merging Lanes: The Diva's Division

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
The females that are currently employed under World Wrestling Entertainment have gone through some changes over the past few years, for better and for worse. Whilst they have started to up their game and slowly improve, the amount of girls dropping off the roster like melting max has been astounding... and I think the E needs to do a serious overhaul of the Diva's Division that will ultimately benefit the company. A lot of people will say that these girls are quite useless, which I can concede in a way given the current circumstance... but if properly utilised, they can achieve much more. Hell, I'd even go as far as to say that they can be viewed as a respective division and retain the ratings that each show gains. How? Simple:

Merge The Two Divisions Together​

The current situation is beckoning for them to perform this act and revamp the entire division. I mean, let's get past the fact that the Diva's Champion Melina and the Women's Champion Lay-Cool are in a "feud" of sorts... booking-wise, there is nothing more for either champion to achieve. Melina came back from injury and defeated the most "dominant" Diva's Champion (as Alicia defeated every girl on the roster), and Lay-Cool are pretty much the division over on SmackDown! What else can they do? Speaking of Friday Nights... with the move to SyFy being guaranteed to hit a much higher viewing rate than being on MyNetworkTV, the E have been considering "beefing up" the roster with some stars from RAW, possibly NXT if they do considerably well. Considering that the only active female competitors are Lay-Cool and Kelly (Beth if you discredit her injury), which have already feuded, it would be stupid and ignorant to keep a division on SD!

Now, with the tv time being heavily occupied by the Nexus and the WWE Title situation, the Diva's getting all this talent will make things squashy to say the least. There is an easy solution... an old saying goes "behind every great man is a great woman." Why not adopt this strategy to those girls who are struggling to compete in the ring and pair them up with the males? It will make the men look stronger as they have a valet/manager by their side and it will hide the weaknesses that the female possesses in the ring. Many females have turned manager/valet and became quite successful/aiding the males. Look at Vickie Guerrero. Her partnership with Edge was gold and what she is doing for Dolph Ziggler is helping him get over with the crowd. Serena played her part well as a member of the SES, Maryse is keeping Ted DiBiase somewhat relevant... there are still male wrestlers out there that struggle to make it alone and a manager is something that would be right up their ally. Diva's are struggling to wrestle yet play a good character or have a great appearance, something a manager needs to have. It's a hand-in-hand situation.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

Effectively, what you end up with is the best female wrestlers competing for a Unified Championship that would be reminiscent of the 2004-05 scene that sparked the most interest in the division in recent times. Not only could this be a great way to fill up the two hours, but this would create for better wrestling (something that makes people turn away from the division). The girls that aren't prominently featured as wrestlers can still get exposure with the men and aid those that are struggling. You'd be blind not to see what the E could do... make the Diva's relevant.

WZF Universe, I know pose you the same question: Would merging the two diva's divisions together create for a better environment in the WWE overall? Do you agree with what I have stated or is the division so far gone that there is nothing that can revive it?

What's going on, FalKon. I don't think unifying the women's titles will make any difference with the amount of exposure or with the revitalization of the women's division. This is mainly due to the fact that the WWE only have so many Divas that can cut it both in the ring and on the mic on a weekly basis.

Laycool: Although many will say that they emulate the TNA division's Beautiful People, I think they've shown that they are very creative and are constantly coming up with new ideas and catchphrases, which demonstrate their willingness to stay relevant and original in the company. Although I think Michelle McCool is a better in-ring worker than Layla, I think they are collectively better on the mic.

Maryse: I don't buy her and DiBiase as a couple just because Maryse seems like a get-it-done-yourself kind of female, and to subjugate her as his valet just detracts from her agenda as that type of Diva. However, Maryse, I believe has the whole package. The look, a great move set, and although she doesn't speak English during her promos, I am still engaged when she cuts a promo simply because she's hot as hell.

Alicia Fox: This girl has been working her ass off. While at first clumsy and seemingly nervous in the ring, she has earned her spot as a top Diva heel in the women's division.

Melina: While I believe she is the most creative in terms of in-ring style, I don't think her mic skills match up...at least not as a face. She still seems hesitant on the mic.

Superfly Snuka's daughter seems to have a great wrestling sense and a domineering Amazon-imposing look. However, WWE sure does know how to cut off momentum as soon as I saw them have her start flirting with Santino. A sure path to wishing her the best on her future endeavors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back