• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*MERGED* Scott Hall: Can He Keep It Up? Nope he cannot. He was arrested. :(

I mentioned this in this thread
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=1916251#post1916251

I still think this would be a story line that could make money, Hall seems to be cleaning up. HEY YO! is always a fan favorite. He has never really been a true heel to me but more of always a career tweener. Lots of people love the guy throughout the years. Seeing him as a champion could be a good thing. Much like seeing Rick Rude as world champ was. Now seeing what happened to him I was glad to see that he was at least a world champion. (just making a comparison here not spamming)

Okay so after giving this further thought.. here is how I would book this. (note I am not a booker just looking to see how this would work)

Okay currently Hall/Nash/Pac are the band (wolfpac). They are fueding with Eric Young/RVD/Hardy.

Laying the fountation
During this fued I think Hall should be goofy, and laid back like he normally is. But have the wolfpac lose do to something stupid Hall does. (Make him appear to not be focused)

The monday after the PPV, let this happen again. Let there be a missqueue with Hall and Nash. Let Hall appear to be frusterated with himself after the match with Nash and Pac scolding him.

Later on let Hall challenge Eric Young to a singles match. Have the match go back and forth, and let Hall look like he is fighting back but getting tired as the match goes on. Let Hall lose the match by DQ letting him result to such tactics to not lose cleanly. (Brass nuckles or something) then let RVD/Hardy come down to save EY. As Hall goes nuts on him not caring if he won or lost. Have Nash and Pac come down to save Hall and stop him.

Have Nash tell him the ring (without the mic but so the TV audiance can hear) "Your losing it man, your losing your edge"

Next week have Nash and Pac come out to the show and announce a tag match between RVD/Hardy against them. Let Nash tell Hall not to come. Tell him they can not have any distractions.. let Hall be frusterated with this but understand. When the match start let Nash/Pac go over on RVD/Hardy by DQ when Eric Young comes out to attack Nash. (his beef is really with Nash) Let hall come out with a weapon of some sort and misfire and hit Nash instead of EY. Let Nash take his frusterations out on Hall and tell him he needs to straightin his life out if he wants to continue to be in the Band. (During this time Pac is shown talking with Hall giving him motivation peep talk that he can do this, let Pac give a story about his demons that he overcame and that if he can do it so can Hall) **this would be key to let people see where TNA is going with t his angle**

Next week have Hall not show up on Impact but rather have him in the Gym. Have TNA announcers talk to him and don't let Hall respond to anything, he just has his head phones on and continues to work out. Have the TNA guy (maybe Jermery Borash) say something like "I don't know what to tell you, he has a match tonight and doesn't look like he is coming" Have Nash in disbelief that his friend is going to no show again. He calls Halls cell phone and leaves a message that he needs to be here, or else he is on his own. (Nash takes halls place in the match) Kicks Hall from the wolf pac after the match announcing to the crowd that he will be looking for a new member in the next weeks that Hall is dead to him. That he basically worked that match for free!

Next week Hall is not on TV, Nash goes out reading through resumes.. for next Band member, X-Pac in the meanwhile questions all this and asks nash if this is the right thing to do. Says maybe Hall just needs some positive communication, Nash tells him I have given him chance after chance after chance after chance. He has a lot to prove to me before I can ever trust him again. Looking at this from a business level he is one risk we don't need. X-pac replies with he stopped drinking and doing all the other stuff we can't say on TV, he's just going through the motions man. Nash says well he can sit his ass at home until those motions are gone!

X-pac pitches the idea of a guy that would fit in great in the wolfpac, nash asks who and Xpac wisphers in his ear....... Nash likes the idea. agree's and later in the evening announces the new memeber of the band "MISTARRRRR ANDERSONNnnnnnnnnnnn" . But in an announcement later that night Nash says next week there will be ANOTHER memeber of the band. The final memeber to over take TNA for all it has..

Next Monday, Nash tells the audiance since Hall left the band is now stronger than ever but will be even stronger. Says that it was a business descion to go after a monster.. to go after the beast,.. to go after someone who has proven success and a proven background.. and one person who warned me about Hall backstage before, one person I have a lot of respect for and is an impact player... let me introduce to you the newest and final member of the band.. ..........*Samoa Joe's entrance music hits*

Samoa Joe cuts a promo that rips Hall, calling him lower than life, a man that will never win the title. joe puts himself over as a multi-time world champion. Something Hall was never able to do once. He says Hall was not a has been, he is a never was! You can see X-pac in the back ground not saying much and Nash smiling with Mr. Anderson there with them being cocky as can be.

Meanwhile Daniels comes out and tells Joe he is a sell out! And that he shouldn't talk so much about others when he has his own issues as well.. he challenges joe to a match tonight with Mr. Anderson/Pac/Joe/Nash vs Him and a few of his buddies.. (RVD/EY/Hardy appear behind him when he says that)

They all accept, and Wolfpac goes over in the end in heel fashion having Joe take out Hardy.. (this will spur up a fued between the two), have X-pac and Daniels (will be a future Fued) and have Anderson and RVD go at it (Another fued).. with Ey and Nash.

Next monday have Mike Tenay have a sit down interview with Hall. Let hall explain his side of things, (let them eat dinner while doing it) have the waiter ask hall what kind of whine he wants, let Hall decline it saying he doesn't do that anymore, he asks for a unsweet tea or diet soda or something. have hall kayfabe and say he has done a lot here in wrestling and feels he hit some bumps in the road but is doing what is right. He stopped living that life style, and is on the road to recovery. but he heard what joe and Nash and the band have been saying. But he is on a mission, he is on a path, he is more focused than ever.. he says its one thing when fans and locker room jabronis say something about you, but its different when its your family your friends and the closest people to you to just turn there back on you. Its a hard pill to swallow,.. but you know what.... *hall gets his cocky persona back* I don't need them.. I never did... In fact they held me back. I'm going to prove them all wrong. And when I get back on track.. guess what... (mike tenay looking away) HEY YO!!!! (Hall gets Mikes attention) There is no way your gonna say bye to the bad guy!..

After the inviterview have Mike Tenay show some new footage of hall working out and determined...

The Wolfpac goes out and is now focused on RVD/Daniels/Hardy/EY... they fued for about another Month.

(back to Hall since this is a Hall thread)
Joe/Nash is in a match with Beer Money, Hall out of the crowd comes out and interupts the match and goes beats the hell out of Joe, then nash then they double team hall, but he continues to fight back ( you see him in better shape at this point as he has been off TV for 2 months (aside from the interviews) Beer Money joins Hall to beat Joe and Nash. After the match Nash gets on the mic and says seems like Hall is a fraud and has not learned anything.. A recovering alcoholic shouldn't be teaming with BEER Money! hall says its not about where your from!!! its about where you're at! I have over come this and I can not hide from it anymore. At some point you gotta just face your demons. And then he challenges Nash/Joe/pac/Anderson to a match with Hall/Beermoney and a mystery partner.. the one guy who he says is his real friend. Nash replies.. you don't have any real friends! and laughs at him.

Next week BEER MONEY take out Pac and Joe back stage.. Hall comes in and whoops up on Anderson.. cut to commerical..

Anderson is back and challenges Hall and Beer money to a 6 man tag. Hall acts like he is crying briefly... HEY YO!! You got your panties in a bunch because you just got your ASS WHOOPED!!! ... (pause).. ASSSS WHOOPED!!!!!!!!... but no I don't feel like it. And walks off.. Anderson calls him out hey!! nO No!! I want you tonight! hall says no again. Beer Money comes out and says well the big man said no.. but this shin dig is playing our tune. Sorry about your damn luck! and they beat Anderson again and challenge him and Joe to a match later.

Nash arrives late to the impact Zone wondering what the hell happend. Joe tells him and is pist! he takes out his agression on a wrestler just walking by. Anderson and Joe go over on beer money having Joe go absolutley nuts.

(next PPV) the Wolfpac is in the ring and hall and beer money come out. Hall cuts a promo saying his TRUE best friend in the business has helped him get in shape and stay out of drugs and alchol for the past 2 years. Ladies and Gentlemen.............*loud sinister laughing sound appears...Psycho theme music plays..* Psycho Sid Vicious! Hall/Beer Money/Sid go over on Wolfpac. With Sid power bombing Mr. Anderson. (This sets up there fued later) During the match though Hall is not doing very well against Samoa Joe.. he gets the better of him each time they lock up. (The commentary has to point this out each time)

Next night the new stable of Sid/hall/Beer money come out and cut a promo on why Sid joined them. (Which is basically to support his friend Hall and he puts over Beer Money as the best tag team in the business) .. then Samoa Joe comes out and starts trashing Hall saying that he is a better man than Hall. Then goes back to what he said when he first joined the Wolfpac, that he has accomplished more than hall ever has he's been multi-time world champion and has beaten the best of the best. (to get heat) He then says yeah his little team won but one on one Hall has no chance in hell.

Hall accepts the challenge, tells his buddies to leave so he can show this guy how its done.. and the two go at it.. back and forth and Joe gets the better of Hall. Only there is no match as one was never agreed to by management. But Joe makes his point. Hall is a beaten man, and starts to question himself. Management agrees to a match between them Hall vs Joe at next weeks Monday night.

following week, Joe comes out cuts another nasty promo on Hall and his ways and why he hates everything he stands for and calls him a fraud. later back stage you hear Sid coaching Hall up not to listen to him. Match starts and off the bat Joe OWNS Hall.. he gets some offense in but the beast is out and Hall doesn't stand a chance.. Sid comes out to help even the odds and Joe wins via disqualification.. Anderson comes out to help Joe and Nash and Pac come out as well with Beer money to follow with a huge brawl in the ring...

Next week Joe talks more smack about Hall.. saying your not talking so much these days huh.. I have beaten you over and over.. you CAn'T win. You Won't Win.. it was announced that Hall vs Joe would be on next PPV with all Wolfpac and Beermoney/sid barred from ring side.

You see Sid and hall working out in a vinete, and Hall staying positive. Proving more he is a changed man. Then the PPV comes.. and Joe wins the match in impressive fashion. He then calls out Sid.. and Joe and Sid start a fued. Meanwhile Hall is showing that he is not as confident as he used to be.. Joe calls it again saying See.. YOU CAN'T WIN the BIG TIME!! you will always be a mid carder.. now let me focus my sights on someone who main evented. SID I AM CALLING YOU OUT!! this starts the fued..

By this time.. Kurt Angle is the World Title holder, he wants a new top contender, he tells management that he has beaten them all. Who else is left that is a threat?? Management comes up with a idea to have a 30 man battle royal on TV (ala Jesse ventura when Shameus won) and the winner will get a chance at the title but the memebers in the battle royal must be no former world champions. no one expects Hall to win..except Hall comes out on top in the end. He even looks shocked when he does...

Kurt looking at the monitor in disbielf....

Next Monday Kurt tells management this is going to be the worst PPV ever.. why do you have me defending my title to a guy who has not won a solo match in god knows when? How is he the top contender?? No one cares about Hall.. He goes out and say he would rather vacat the title then waste the peoples time with this.. Management says well then you forfit your title to Hall? Kurt backs out of the choice and tells them he will beat Halls ass just like everyone else and he hopes they are happy.

Hall comes out with Sid and says he is shocked. But HEY YO!! I did it! Angle.. you better show me some respect. Angle comes out pist off and interrupts Hall.. RESPECT??? I won gold medals, world titles, what have you done exactly Hall?? Except be a lacky your whole career.. last week was a fluke! You don't want any part of me, and deep down inside you know I am the better man!! Hall says you want a piece of me? Come and get it! Sid is behind him cheering him on.. Angle leaves is discust... Hall follows him back stage and the two begin to fight!! Secruity breaks up.. Angle sells it by yelling at hall you want me! You got it!!!

Then you see Nash and Xpac talking can you believe he is the #1 contender?? Nash and Pac smile .. actually.. its about time.

Through out the night you hear other wrestlers complain in and out that they should have the title shot before Hall did. Joe being the main voice.

In the upcoming weeks you see Hall losing matches with interfearance from Angle, saying he will not gain any momentum or win any matches before he faces him. he wants to make sure that people remember the loser that is Scott Hall.. Beer Money comes out but Hall sends them back to the back saying he will handle this.. He tells them and Sid that this is one fight he needs to fight alone.

week after week Hall loses to people, mainly due to interfearance from Angle. He cuts mental promos about Hall to get in his head. "Are you sure you got it Hall? honestly? You can't win solo.. maybe you should stick to tag teams?" You know what I can do that you can't? (he drinks a beer) hey look I am still sober... you actually think you have a chance again an olympic gold medalist? Do you know the kind of disipline it takes to accomplish that? Hall it might be best to give up.

Bound for Glory is here.. the main event Hall vs Angle. Hall with determination kicks out of the ankle lock and angle slam 3 times. The match goes back and forth Angle breaks out of the razors edge, Hall is in disbelif.. the crowd is behind Hall. Kurt angle put another move on all and he kicks out time after time, Angle gets impatient and hall hits him with the razors edge once more to seal it forgood. NEW WORLD CHAMPION Scott Hall.. Angle is layed out.. Sid and Beer Money come out to cheer Hall. From the ramp you see Nash and Pac give a silent Clap for there old buddy.

Next night on Monday show opens up with Hall.. "HEY YO!, say hello to the new world Champ!" he cuts a promo telling people to never give up no matter how dark times get never give up no matter how dark times feel, its not about how many times you get knocked down but how many times you get back up that defines you. He gives credit to a great match by kurt angle, then Kurt comes back up the ramp and shakes halls hand. Tells him this is short lived and punchs hall in the face and demands a rematch. back stage joe and Anderson are pist at Nash and Pac for cheering halls win last night, nash says to lay off Scott it was his moment and he was happy for him and that Scott proved to him that he still has what it takes. Pac defends Hall too. Anderson and Joe are in disbielf, Joe hits nash Anderson hits pac and the wolf pac and now down to 2 (Nash and Pac) Joe/Anderson then starts a fued with the wolfpac. Joe also is in a fued with Sid still.

Next week hall gives Angle his rematch. Another 20+ minute match for the main event, Hall goes out on top after Angle misque's a move and hall takes advantage. In the end Sid comes out and cheers on Hall and Angle pist off goes after Sid. (this starts a fued between them)

Next week Joe is named the number 1 contender after conviencing management that he beat Hall over and over and should be the #1 contender. Have hall lose the belt to Joe in a PPV, then win it back in the same fashion he did with Angle (over coming his biggest oppenant) in the PPV at Final Resolution.

anyways tired of typing.. this was my year long story line for Scott hall along with the other guys trying to get them over as well in this and making Joe look like a monster in the process. I think this would work and play up to what the Orginial Post said.. its just broken down in detail.. what do you think?

I think if he proves himself over the course of a year, he should be bumped right up to be commentating. I'm absolutely sick of hearing Tazz to be honest. Or even at some point, TNA will have to get a second weekly show. Why not give Hall time to learn on there. This man is one of the best mic workers there has ever been in the business. Sure, make him prove himself. But if and when he does, put the guy on the mic week in and week out. He knows wrestling. He's got a wrestling brain. TNA sure as fuck needs that right now.

As for him winning the title, I wouldn't go that far. He's the greatest wrestler ever to not hold a top title. For me, that is his legacy and his calling card. How rock n roll is it to be able to say "I could have won a top strap, but I went down the pub instead". That's brilliant if you ask me!

Prowrestling.net said:
TNA wrestler Scott Hall was arrested on May 14 on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting an officer, according to the Orlando Sentinel. The 51 year-old Hall was arrested when police were called to the Hitching Post Bar in Chuluota, Fla. on May 14. Hall was found yelling and cursing at the bartender and patrons.

Hall was informed that he was being arrested and the police attempted to handcuff him. "Scott refused this directive," reads the police report, "and instead, thrust out his chest, walking closer to me, stating, 'I ain't going down for this [expletive deleted].'" Hall was eventually handcuffed and placed in a squad car.

The article also went on to say the bartender said that Hall had been drinking heavily,smashed a window of a car and apparently pushed two women.

Well I thought something like this would at some point but I was mildly suprised as Hall and Waltman (when we actually saw him in TNA) have been quite good and have impressed me quite a bit.

So what I want to know is...

• Do you think TNA will take any disciplinary action against Hall?
  • If so, what do you think it will be?
  • Also, what do you think of all this?

Will TNA take any action against Scott Hall? Who knows. Probably not. They seem to worry more about what people say than what people put into their bodies. Now that it has become somewhat of a story, Hall might not see much action with the tag belts, which opens the door for EY. I doubt he gets fired over this. But then again, TNA is a horribly run outfit, so you never know what they might do. He may get a raise.

If there is any action against him, I would say less in-ring time (which I wouldn't have a problem with). Nash and Young will probably defend the belts most of the time, as they should anyhow. I would honestly be shocked if they canned Hall over this. Hogan and company still find him to be somewhat of a draw, so something this small should't get him fired.

I think this is more of the same from Hall. Actually, I'm surprised it wasn't worse. My best bet is the only thing that kept Scott Hall from becoming violent was his inability to move that quickly. I have been a Scott Hall mark since the debut of Razor Ramon, but I've grown tired of this kind of thing. Either straighten up, or get out of the business. In all honesty, he doesn't offer much at this point in time anyway. Sure, he hasn't been as bad as I thought he would be, but he does nothing to warrant actual wrestling matches.

For selfish reasons, I want to see him on tv. I bet he needs the money, and I hope it helps him stay afloat. But on the other hand, it's almost sad to see him in this condition. He may look better than he did a year ago, but he still looks like shit. He looks like a broken down, 51 year old drunk...which is what he is. I'm not one of these guys who would like to give every wrestler over the age of 40 their walking papers. But I just don't see much of a point in having him around right now. I don't mind seeing him, personally, but from a business standpoint, what does he offer?

I believe Tna should definitely use disciplinary action against Scott Hall and by disciplinary action I mean they should get rid of him. Scott Hall is a mess and he brings nothing to the table for Tna he's 51 years old and is only in Tna because he's friends with Hogan. I watched Last Call With Scott Hall last week on this site and I felt as if he condoned himself and Tna in a negative way in what language he was using he was dropping F-bombs and saying The N-word. I felt like not only are you representing yourself in a negative way but your also representing Tna in a negative way. So without a doubt I'll say it again Tna needs to part ways with Scott Hall.

Why should TNA take action against Hall? If these allegations are true, then Scott Hall did something bad on his own time and thus is none of TNA's business. If this arrest has an effect on Hall's attendance and performance in TNA, then they should take action. This is one thing I can't stand about not just the IWC, but fans in general. People in the limelight can't have any sort of personal life without tons of people watching them.

If Scott Hall was some roofer who got drunk one day at a bar and a little out of control, nobody would even care. They wouldn't be expecting him to lose his job over it or anything. But since he's a "celebrity," they make a big to do over it. Just let the man have his own private life.

I am in 100% agreeance with Honkey...the dude is known to make mistakes, but he was at the PPV on Sunday the 16th so it didn't affect him being at work...not everyone wants Scott Halls head on a stake and TNA knows that...they know that by giving the Band the straps that it made a lot of people happy to see that again, and to be honest if Hall wasn't a part of the Band at it was just Nash and Young that had the titles I guarantee that no one would complain as much. I say we leave the dude alone and just chalk it up to us not being surprised it happened and not have the Town Hall meeting asking Dixie to do something about it.

See, TNA technically prepared for this. Because they invoked the Freebird rule the second the band won the tag-team championships, it's really not that big a deal if Scott Hall ends up with a suspension, or worse. Scott Hall has only been "impressive" in the way that it took him nearly 5 months to fuck up entirely. I'm not at all surprised this happened, and I won't be any more surprised when they finally let him go.

TNA isn't the WWE. They won't lose any advertising revenue over this. Being that he really didn't do much other than make an ass of himself he probably can kiss his shot at a guaranteed contract goodbye. He'll be stuck working date to date which is cool for him because the Band will indeed be on TV until at least Sacrifice, and likely much longer.

If Scott Hall was some roofer who got drunk one day at a bar and a little out of control, nobody would even care. They wouldn't be expecting him to lose his job over it or anything. But since he's a "celebrity," they make a big to do over it. Just let the man have his own private life.

As you said, Hall is a celebrity. I don't know what TNA is paying him but I'm sure it's tons more than a person can make in any "regular" profession. One of the things inherent in that salary is representing an image, not only for himself, but also upholding the image of his employer. In fact, it probably isn't inherent; it's written into the contract he signed, even if it's a "per appearance" deal.

If John Cena gets caught in a compromising situation with a girl scout in West Newbury, Mass and the media picks up on it, his image and the image of WWE will suffer. One of the things the company pays him so much money for is to make sure that image is upheld.....even when he's "on his own time."

A celebrity gets benefits beyond those of us in regular society. To maintain those benefits, the celebrity has to maintain a higher standard, even in his personal life.

If Scott Hall were a roofer, you'd be right.

But he's not a roofer.

But he's not a roofer.

You're right. He's not a roofer. He's a carnie who drives from town to town fake fighting people. Life on the road is not for the average person. I've done it, and almost everybody I knew fell into drugs, drinking, or prostitutes to fill the void. I kept clean, mostly because I knew I wasnt' going to be there forever, but the guys who were there and still are weren't as lucky. I'm not making excuses for the guy being an asshole. It's never cool or okay to treat people like shit. What I am saying, however, is that he should not be held to a higher standard than you or me.

He's a pro wrestler. Not the president.

I said this a long time ago and I will say it again. Bringing in Scott Hall to TNA is a bad move. His reputation shows that he is an alcoholic and he needs to start taking care of him self and going to aa and staying out of trouble. He really has nothing to offer tna except for the die hard fans from the 80's to see one of there favorite wrestling in the ring again and hope that he can go back to his old self but this incident proves that nothing has changed and that it will not happen.

This man is going to do nothing but bring the tna down if they continue to keep him on the roster. If the don't do anything to discipline him what does that show to the rest of the tna roster. "I guess the same thing with jericho"

Scott Hall is nothing more then a 50 year old drunk!

I don't think TNA should do anything about this nor do I see why TNA would care, it isn't like he killed or raped someone. Hall was not at a TNA event, he was on his own time. NO employer should EVER have the right to tell their workers what they can and cannot do when they're off the clock, that places way too much power in their hands. This is also why I think drug testing is bullshit but I won't get too far off topic......Rock stars do this stuff all the time and no one thinks twice about it. Could you imagine if a record label dropping Ozzy for the stuff he did back in the 80's? For those of you who don't know, one of the things he did was get arrested for pissing on the Alamo while wearing a dress and being drunk out of his mind. Given the "bad guy" character Hall plays in TNA, they could even turn this into part of a storyline. Anyone remember when Hall supposedly jumped a fan? Now might be the time to revisit that segment and actually do something with it.

Scott Hall is someone that has a problem and it's a problem I wish he were able to get help with. I don't know if he's ever been to rehab and fallen off the wagon or if he'd ever want to go to rehab or what. But, the guy needs help either way you look at it.

In all honesty, I'm tired of people trying to make excuses for athletes and celebrities whenver they go and make complete asses out of themselves. I don't expect anyone to be perfect, I'm sure as hell not perfect, but that doesn't mean that there shouldn't be consequences for how they conduct themselves. The fact that Scott Hall is a celebrity shouldn't rate him any sort of special circumstances. When you work for a high profile company, even if you're on your own time, there are going to be circumstances in which your actions can lead to poor reflections on both yourself and your place of employment. Now, of course, that doesn't mean that you have to sacrifice your private life or anything to that degree. However, what Scott Hall did wasn't in private. He was intoxicated in a bar, pushing and swearing at other customers, waitresses, the bartender and attempted to resist arrest. I couldn't expect to get away with that type of behavior and expect no consequences at my job, so I see no reason why Scott Hall should be exempt.

If TNA wants to be taken seriously, Scott Hall should have some sort of a reprimand coming. Things could have been much worse than they actually were. After all, nobody was injured as far as any info I've read on it. But, I do feel that an example needs to be set or this sort of behavior could continue. Otherwise, TNA Management could look like a bunch of irresponsible incompotents that ultimately don't give a shit about their image or the wrestlers working for them as long as they bring in revenue.

Being that we are in the internet age, if someone remotely famous farts too loud everyone will know in 5 minutes and we consider it 'breaking' news. While I understand the argument that you represent your affiliations at all times when you are on that level of public scrutiny, there should be a clear seperation of when you are on the clock and when you aren't. Drinking isn't illegal, only being drunk in public. Should he get in trouble with TNA for enjoying a little too much beer? If he didn't assault anyone or disrespect a fan wanting an autograph? Hell no, he's a 51 year old man who is responible for his own actions and who are we to judge because we don't agree with some of the shit he does?. We all know in the back of our heads that he'd never be TNA champion, and as long as he's not pulling that Jake Roberts crap in the ring he should still be able to perform.

You're right. He's not a roofer. He's a carnie who drives from town to town fake fighting people. Life on the road is not for the average person. I've done it, and almost everybody I knew fell into drugs, drinking, or prostitutes to fill the void. I kept clean, mostly because I knew I wasnt' going to be there forever, but the guys who were there and still are weren't as lucky. I'm not making excuses for the guy being an asshole. It's never cool or okay to treat people like shit. What I am saying, however, is that he should not be held to a higher standard than you or me.

He's a pro wrestler. Not the president.

Couldn't agree more. As someone else stated the internet likes to blow these things out of proportion to begin with - its a non story otherwise, and a 2 week old one at that. Must have been a slow day at castle grey skull (the IWC)

Anyone who believes these "reports" from internet news sites is the literal definition of a "mark". These journos are frustrated worker wannabes.

Please please please wake up and realize this.

They have to do something about this. I mean, this took place way back on May 14th, so the damage control was pretty good on this for it not to come out after so long. I genuinally think that Hall may never fully be sober until he dies. He's had countless attempts at getting well and has slipped off the wagon each time. Why they put TNA's Tag Team belts on him and Nash is beyond me. Sure Nash can carry his own, but Hall may be the most undependable wrestler in TNA right now. And this proves it.

I hope there's action taken...maybe tell him if there's one more incident, no matter how small, he's done. Maybe it won't matter, but he can't be kept around if he's still not staying sober.

Hall should be released.

Let's see. Since he's been back, he's been too fat to get into a pair of tights, he's been in what, two matches, and he takes up a roster spot and TV time from younger guys that need it. Hall is hardly someone that is needed right now in the slightest. He's had a LONG history of behavioral issues and this is just another in that line. I don't care if he did nothing wrong or whatever. With a record like his, he should be held to a different standard. Hall is of little or no value to the company and it makes TNA look bad to have guys in legal trouble over and over again still on the roster. This is 2010, not 1996. Hall showing up has little to no meaning there anymore. He brings nothing but a nostalgia value to the table. he doesn't wrestle that well anymore, he hardly talks, and yet he's a champion. There is no justification to keeping him around at all.

Get rid of him.

Hall should be released.

Let's see. Since he's been back, he's been too fat to get into a pair of tights, he's been in what, two matches, and he takes up a roster spot and TV time from younger guys that need it. Hall is hardly someone that is needed right now in the slightest. He's had a LONG history of behavioral issues and this is just another in that line. I don't care if he did nothing wrong or whatever. With a record like his, he should be held to a different standard. Hall is of little or no value to the company and it makes TNA look bad to have guys in legal trouble over and over again still on the roster. This is 2010, not 1996. Hall showing up has little to no meaning there anymore. He brings nothing but a nostalgia value to the table. he doesn't wrestle that well anymore, he hardly talks, and yet he's a champion. There is no justification to keeping him around at all.

Get rid of him.

The wrestling fan in me says, "Now, wait a second. Hall IS over with the crowd somewhat and he can still be a contributor when he's sober."

But the realistic side of me agrees with this. He's pretty much shown he's not dependable and is more of a problem than he's worth. However, just releasing him shouldn't be the option. Help him. Find a way to get him back into rehab, and even if it doesn't work out...at least TNA looks good in the process by trying to help him instead of just kicking him to the curb.

Although at this point, I don't think anyone would have a problem with Hall being kicked to the curb.

The wrestling fan in me says, "Now, wait a second. Hall IS over with the crowd somewhat and he can still be a contributor when he's sober."

But the realistic side of me agrees with this. He's pretty much shown he's not dependable and is more of a problem than he's worth. However, just releasing him shouldn't be the option. Help him. Find a way to get him back into rehab, and even if it doesn't work out...at least TNA looks good in the process by trying to help him instead of just kicking him to the curb.

Although at this point, I don't think anyone would have a problem with Hall being kicked to the curb.

This sums up the problem right here. Hall was a big deal 13 years ago but now there is no reason to give him special treatment. The guy has substance abuse problems. No one is going to deny that, but that does not mean he should be allowed to stick around. WWE has tried to help him, he's tried to get help himself, and it just hasn't worked. You flat out should not have a guy with this many issues on his record out there. It says that it's ok to go out and keep abusing yourself because we'll keep paying you to go out there. It says TNA is in bad enough shape that a has been alcoholic is worth keeping around for his name value. Finally and most importantly, if he has substance abuse issues which he does, I don't want him near a ring. Wrestlers have to be as accurate as possible in the ring. Imagine him trying to put Chris Sabin in the Razor's Edge but he had something to drink earlier and can't quite hold him. Sabin slips and lands on his leg and breaks it. Yes that's unlikely, but it's a legit possibility. It's possible in a regular match too, but a guy that could be drunk or buzzed or whatever shouldn't be allowed to attempt it. "But KB you idiot there's no way he'd get in the ring drunk." Care to make a little wager on him managing to?

Get rid of him.

Being that we are in the internet age, if someone remotely famous farts too loud everyone will know in 5 minutes and we consider it 'breaking' news. While I understand the argument that you represent your affiliations at all times when you are on that level of public scrutiny, there should be a clear seperation of when you are on the clock and when you aren't.

It doesn't work that way in wrestling. It might not be fair, but nobody ever said life was fair. As a wrestler that makes it big and wants to work for a high profile company, you're simply going to have to conduct yourself a certain way when you're out in public. When you work for TNA or WWE, you're only off the clock when you're officially on leave. If someone wants to go out and have fun, nothing wrong with that. But if you go out and behave like a horse's ass while still on the road with whatever company, you're still on the clock.

Drinking isn't illegal, only being drunk in public. Should he get in trouble with TNA for enjoying a little too much beer? If he didn't assault anyone or disrespect a fan wanting an autograph? Hell no, he's a 51 year old man who is responible for his own actions and who are we to judge because we don't agree with some of the shit he does?. We all know in the back of our heads that he'd never be TNA champion, and as long as he's not pulling that Jake Roberts crap in the ring he should still be able to perform.

The following is from the Orlando Sentinel:

Professional wrestler Scott Oliver Hall was arrested earlier this month on charges of disorderly intoxication and resisting an officer following an incident at a Seminole County bar, sheriff's records show.

Hall, 51, was at the Hitching Post Bar in Chuluota on May 14, when the Seminole County Sheriff's Office was called in for a disturbance complaint about 1:43 a.m., an offense report shows.

The deputy found a bartender standing in the door telling Hall to leave, but Hall was yelling and cursing at the bartender and other patrons there, according to the deputy's account. The deputy also said Hall appeared intoxicated with slurred speech and bloodshot eyes.

When the deputy advised Hall he was being placed in custody for disorderly intoxication, he tried to prepare him for the handcuffs, but Hall refused, the documentation states.

"Scott refused this directive, and instead, thrust out his chest, walking closer to me, stating, 'I ain't going down for this [expletive deleted],' " the report states. "This is [expletive deleted]. You know it's [expletive deleted]."

The report goes on to say that Hall continued to refuse, but the deputy managed to secure his left wrist with a handcuff and then pulled his right arm behind him.

"Due to Scott's inordinate size, 6'05", 295 pounds, I utilized two sets of handcuffs in tandem," the deputy noted in the report.

Hall was then placed in the patrol car.

Hall could not be reached Friday at a phone number listed on his offense report.

The bartender told the deputy that Hall had been "drinking heavily" and "became aggressive inside the bar," the report states. He pushed a customer and argued with the female bartender and called her names, the report says.

The bartender managed to line up a ride home for Hall, but he punched the window of the car that came for him and he pushed two female patrons near the car, according to the report.

Hall was transported to the Seminole jail and was later issued a trespass warning, notifying him never to return to the Hitching Post Bar on County Road 419.

Hall has had several arrests in Orange County, most for criminial mischief and alcohol-related offenses.

The bartender told the Orlando Sentinel that the bar owner would not approve a phone interview while she was working Friday.

Hall's offense report indicates he has a Chuluota address. On a booking sheet Hall's occupation is listed as professional wrestler. Under the field titled employer, the word unemployed was inserted.

According to the WWE website, Hall defeated Roddy Piper for the U.S. Championship at the WCW SuperBrawl in early 1999. But Ric Flair took the title from him less than a month later.

He regained the title eight months later, taking out Goldberg, Bret Hart and Sid Vicious in a ladder match, the website says. But he lost the championship again — a knee injury prevented Hall from defending his title.

Hall also has wrestled with the TNA, which tapes its matches at Universal Studios Florida.

So, according to what's being reported right now, Scott Hall put his hands on other customers, was cursing at employees as well as other bar patrons and refused to obey the directives given to him by police officers. Anyone that believes this is acceptable behavior is full of it. Scott Hall's problem wasn't that he drank a little too much, it's that his intoxication resulted in him physically and verbally harassing other people and resisting arrest after his actions forced someone in the bar to call the police.

Scott Hall has to be one of the most tortured souls to ever be on the sport of wrestling. Many of the friends he had coming up are now dead. Some of the friend he had in WCW are now dead. The friend he had during his heyday pretty much shunned him and stopped sticking up for him. His marriage went to shit and his kids probably despise him. The only dependable friend that he has had for the past 12 years is alcohol. I mean it's there when he needs it, it never disappoints him, and it does what it says.

I pity this poor man. He has been used up by ever last promotion on earth and then cast into the wind when he has the slightest problem. Hell, I don't blame him for going back to the bottle over and over again. And before any of you bring up the whole WWE Rehab offer thing, that was a complete sham. It was a PR stunt. I mean if not for all of the bad publicity that had come down on all the wrestlers dying or getting caught on roids, and the WWE worrying that it would come back to bite them in the ass, they would never had even offered to send even ONE person to rehab on their dime. I mean they haven't given a shit all this time, so why recently? And I bet you that it was one of those in and out places where they bring you in, hand you a copy of the 12 steps, and send you packing in 30 days.

So yeah, I feel sorry for the man as he has never learned to cope with the obviously deep demons that he has going on inside. And he may never learn to cope as he has hit rock bottom and still continues to try and dig deeper into the ground. Someone needs to teach this man how to love himself more or else this will be the legacy that he leaves behind when he finally does succumb to his own sickness, whether his health finally fails or he does away with himself. But the biggest question is this. Who will come out to carry his casket? His real friends or the ones who jettisoned him into the wilderness so long ago?

I felt very let down when I read this earlier today. Hall has been battling demons for a very long time, and unfortunately, they always seem to get the best of him. I was actually rooting for Hall over the past couple of months, because he seemed to have turned things around, and it looked like he was in the clear.

TNA should put Hall on a VERY short leash. If he slips up one more time, then he should be released. Wrestling should be last thing on Hall's mind right now. He needs to give getting his life together another shot.

We don't know the full details yet but it looks like Hall was obviously drunk and disorderly. Whether he smashed a window or attacked two women remains to be seen, but this guy has a track record of arrests so it shouldn't surprise anyone. He is only on a few pay appearances a show so TNA really should cut their ties to him.

Nash and Young can be tag champs for the meantime, hopefully a more deserving team like Motor City Machine Guns wins the straps. Maybe TNA can help Hall check into Rehab, but I doubt he will stay there. I really thought Hall may have pulled it together but that doesn't look like the case now. TNA will probably still have him on the roster, but Hall has abused every privilege he has had.

As you said, Hall is a celebrity. I don't know what TNA is paying him but I'm sure it's tons more than a person can make in any "regular" profession. One of the things inherent in that salary is representing an image, not only for himself, but also upholding the image of his employer. In fact, it probably isn't inherent; it's written into the contract he signed, even if it's a "per appearance" deal.

If John Cena gets caught in a compromising situation with a girl scout in West Newbury, Mass and the media picks up on it, his image and the image of WWE will suffer. One of the things the company pays him so much money for is to make sure that image is upheld.....even when he's "on his own time."

A celebrity gets benefits beyond those of us in regular society. To maintain those benefits, the celebrity has to maintain a higher standard, even in his personal life.

But he's not a roofer.

Well first of all, I do not know the specifics of his contract (nor do you) so let's not speculate on what sort of contract he signed.

The last time I checked though, Scott Hall is a man just like the rest of us. And thus should not be held to a different standard just because he pretend fights people on TV for a living. And celebrities do not have to maintain a higher standard in order to retain their celebrity benefits (and disadvantages). A celebrity is a celebrity because they're in the public eye. NOT because they live to a higher moral code than the rest of us. If your statement was true, people like Charlie Sheen would never have been arrested, Vince Neil would never have killed somebody, because that would've violated the higher moral code celebs have to live to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back