**MERGED** Kevin Nash to WWE

So, Kevin Nash under his Diesel gimmick made his return to the WWE at the Royal Rumble. With this in mind, what would you do with Nash now? Who would you have him feud with? Do you think he will just sign a legends contract, and have the off match here and there, or would you think he will play a prominent part in the Road to Wrestlemania with someone like the Big Show, Wade Barrett, etc?

well, my opinion is based off Sting signing. Assuming Sting signs, I'd build Sting vs Undertaker, freeing Wade Barrett to feud with Nash, who have already kind of had some feuding going on via twitter and all

Truthfully, I don't expect much of anything from Nash, as far as in-ring competition goes. A Legends contract is more of an ambassador position. His main job will be to promote the WWE, make appearances, not to perform in it. I honestly don't even know if Nash will ever wrestle a match in his return. That isn't what Legends contracts are about. If he does get back in the ring, I expect it to be an infrequent thing, like what they did with Ricky Steamboat.

I expect Big Kev to wrestle the occasional match, but I cannot see him becoming a full time member of the roster for any length of time. He will work alot more behind the scenes and as an ambassadorial role for WWE, stepping into the ring on occasion, like Steamboat, Bret Hart or The King (not including his current push).

I do hope we see Nash wrestle again, he isnt the greatest but he is always entertaining and I want to see the Jack Knife Powerbomb again

I doubt Nash will even sign with the WWE on full-time basis. Let's face it, Nash doesn't have what he had in the 90's. He is getting on now and his in-ring work leaves a lot to be desired. When I watched him return at the Royal Rumble, he looked still and cumbersome at points. Whether or not it was because of the hectic nature of that match and he couldn't keep up with the pace or not, leaves a very pertinent point in my mind. I personally don't think that Nash has what it takes to go in the WWE any more. Don't get me wrong though, I loved seeing him at the Rumble, When Diesel appeared and started to put on that glove, I marked buckets. However, I don't think he has the athleticism or the charisma to make it work for himself any more.

My thought process is this, why give Nash a spot somewhere up the card, when there are more deserving people that could do much more with the run. If you are going to give Nash some time on the mic and in the ring, why not give it to someone like Kofi Kingston? The WWE needs to be looking to the future and not at the past. It is dangerous to dwell on the past for too long and when you look at TNA, you can see the evidence of that. Sure, having him come out at the Rumble was a nice moment but I don't think he should get any more involved than that.

That being said, if the WWE are going to bring him back for one last run up to Mania, it would make sense for them to have him feud with The Big Show. You could see that they both had some history at the Rumble and the WWE would be wise to capitalize on that gravy-train. They could package it as two big guys having a battle for dominance, or they could just state that there is history between the two. Either way, I think that is the most logical step. Of course, some of us know about the verbal sparring between Nash and Barrett, that could easily lead to something at Mania. Who knows.

Given his reaction at The Royal Rumble, the WWE would be silly not to book him in a WrestleMania match. If Sting is in fact headed to the WWE - and is in fact slated for a match with The Undertaker- then a Nash/Barrett match has appeal. Nash can do the job to Barrett, a move that would make Barrett look stronger after pretty much being buried since Survivor Series.

As for long-term, there's no reason to keep Kevin Nash off TV - the guy isn't just one of the legendary names in the business, but he's also one of the legendary talkers. While not Flair, Rhodes, Jericho or The Rock, I'd put Nash right near the top of the 2nd tier of talkers in the history of the business.

How to use him? How about as a friggin bodyguard. It has been 17 years since the guy showed up with HBK, and it seems like everytime a wrestler has gotten a big bodyguard since then, people think he's the next Kevin Nash. With all the comparisons between HBK and JoMo, why not use Nash as JoMo's bodyguard for a while?

Nash is only around to keep him off of the TNA roster. He will make no impact in the WWE. He knows that if he had stuck around on Impact his chance of making it into the WWE hof won't happen. At the age of 51 he hasn't that much Diesel fuel left in the ols stack pipes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back