• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Memorial Day

Steamboat Ricky

WZCW's Living Legend
I celebrate it for the man on the forums who hates tributes more than any other man...ever. I celebrate it for him and for the other individuals affected by war, those who suffer abroad, and those who bring aid to them.

Yet, as I have mentioned likely in other threads around these times, I do not mention them fighting for our freedom. If I was to do so, I would be supporting that our country spends more than twice in defense budgeting than even the second highest nation in the world.

What freedom is being protected when people in our country are dying from terminal diseases yet cannot get medical care because they cannot afford private health insurance?

I'm thankful that we have brave men and women in our country that are brave enough to volunteer to go overseas and put themselves in danger so the rest of us don't have to.

I don't support the aims of most of the primary goals of the American military, but I do support (most of) the people on the ground. Also a lot of veterans in my family. So...yeah. Memorial day.

I don't have a positive view of the military or the wars it has taken part in recently. But I won't make any negative comments on this day or any other military based holiday they choose to give. I won't disrespect people who may have been forced into a situation they didn't agree with.

(And if anybody thinks I am accusing anybody of anything with the above post. It is obvious I was not. That was me saying I have a low opinion of the military but will keep those opinions to myself for now.)

None should have to.

Yeah... but they do. The way the world works there will always be threats to our country, and we'll always need people to protect us from those threats. Maybe not as many people as we currently have, but that's not really up to you and I, and if they want to serve their country then they should be allowed to do so.

You mentioned earlier that they're protecting a false freedom of sorts, saying, "What freedom is being protected when people in our country are dying from terminal diseases yet cannot get medical care because they cannot afford private health insurance?"

The freedom to live, mostly. We have it pretty good here in America, and while everything isn't perfect, it's a lot better than most other places too. Hopefully one day they will be able to come home to a country with a more progressive healthcare plan. Who knows, maybe we'll even have socialized medicine one day. Until then, though, we should at least be thankful for the folks that volunteer to fight overseas. Because, once again, if they didn't, some of us would have to.

I support those who have the brains to say NO in our millitary when the orders aren't just. But this isn't a day to shit on the millitary. Today is the day we remember those who sacrificed their lives.

Yeah... but they do. The way the world works there will always be threats to our country, and we'll always need people to protect us from those threats. Maybe not as many people as we currently have, but that's not really up to you and I, and if they want to serve their country then they should be allowed to do so.

You mentioned earlier that they're protecting a false freedom of sorts, saying, "What freedom is being protected when people in our country are dying from terminal diseases yet cannot get medical care because they cannot afford private health insurance?"

The freedom to live, mostly. We have it pretty good here in America, and while everything isn't perfect, it's a lot better than most other places too. Hopefully one day they will be able to come home to a country with a more progressive healthcare plan. Who knows, maybe we'll even have socialized medicine one day. Until then, though, we should at least be thankful for the folks that volunteer to fight overseas. Because, once again, if they didn't, some of us would have to.

Once again, my criticism isn't with the soldiers themselves. I'm fairly certain I supported them (paragraph 1). It's the makeup of the government that are employing the soldiers and that is being called into question.

Once again, my criticism isn't with the soldiers themselves. I'm fairly certain I supported them (paragraph 1). It's the makeup of the government that are employing the soldiers and that is being called into question.

But are you really showing them support if you are just using the day meant to honor those of them who passed as an excuse to complain about the government that they served?

Yet, as I have mentioned likely in other threads around these times, I do not mention them fighting for our freedom. If I was to do so, I would be supporting that our country spends more than twice in defense budgeting than even the second highest nation in the world.
Supporting their fight does not mean you support the reason they are fighting, nor does it mean you support whose orders it is to fight.

At this point, our forces haven't been fighting for our freedom for a long time. In fact, I'm not sure if they were ever fighting for our freedom. But they were fighting for the freedom of many others in an area of the world that desperately needs fighting for them.

I know you're not criticizing the individuals themselves, nor am I trying to make it look like you are. Just remember that the military is still fighting for freedom, even if our politicians at home are doing everything they can to steal it from us.

TL;DR Version: Blame Republicans.

Supporting their fight does not mean you support the reason they are fighting, nor does it mean you support whose orders it is to fight.

At this point, our forces haven't been fighting for our freedom for a long time. In fact, I'm not sure if they were ever fighting for our freedom. But they were fighting for the freedom of many others in an area of the world that desperately needs fighting for them.

I know you're not criticizing the individuals themselves, nor am I trying to make it look like you are. Just remember that the military is still fighting for freedom, even if our politicians at home are doing everything they can to steal it from us.

TL;DR Version: Blame Republicans.

Slight correction:

TL;DR Version: Blame Dick Chaney.

Jesus Horatio Titty Fuckin' Christ, thank fuck someone finally said it.

You guys suck at this.

Sly, this is EXACTLY why 95% of the world hates our fucking guts. The world policemen stance that this nation seems to hold. The idea that it is mericahs god given duty to go around and fight for people that may never have wanted our help in the first place. Sticking our noses in others peoples business, fighting for people who never asked for our help and may have never wanted it.

Serious or joking with your comment. You showed why we are hated and why our government deserves it. We are not the worlds policemen, and I doubt anybody outside the USA wants us to be.

Sly, this is EXACTLY why 95% of the world hates our fucking guts. The world policemen stance that this nation seems to hold. The idea that it is mericahs god given duty to go around and fight for people that may never have wanted our help in the first place. Sticking our noses in others peoples business, fighting for people who never asked for our help and may have never wanted it.

Serious or joking with your comment. You showed why we are hated and why our government deserves it. We are not the worlds policemen, and I doubt anybody outside the USA wants us to be.
I'd be willing to bet there are many people in Syria right now who would disagree with your last statement.

I'm not saying it is our business to fight for those people. But those people do need someone to fight for them, and we're the ones doing it.

I'd be willing to bet there are many people in Syria right now who would disagree with your last statement.

I'm not saying it is our business to fight for those people. But those people do need someone to fight for them, and we're the ones doing it.
Knowing the Anti-Americanism in the region I would seriously doubt they want us there. Not just that, but a lot of Muslims in the region don't want a Non-Muslim nation fighting on Muslim land.

It really isn't our business, and why do we need to? Can't we just go along with NATO or the UN? Take part in a Global effort? NATO more likely as the UN sucks.

and what in the fucking EARTH do none of you remember those giant buildings that feel in New York City? Over two thousand innocent Americans, women and children included, dead? You know, uh, the group who did that lives here, and was running the entire country by mobster-like means of cruelty and intimidation? That is how they gained the power and resources to do the things they did? That over the last ten years, we have crippled their organization, trained the local military and police to keep them repressed, killed their entire chain of leadership, and improved the lives, well being, and perspective of America in this region for millions of people?

Its so fucking simple. I don't get how people get so fucking mixed up on this. The kids whose Orphanage I just helped improve this last week (most of which, were made Orphans by Al-Queda) sure as FUCK will not grow up to want to kill innocent Americans, will they?

It is really, really simple. Not surprising Sly, as usual, seems to be one of the few people who can grasp things that are really, really simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back