Meltdown 112: Chris K.O. vs. Theron Daggershield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
In what many would call a dream match years ago during and shortly after the Age of Chaos, Theron Daggershield will be squaring off against Chris K.O at Meltdown. Whilst Daggershield was unsuccessful in capturing the Eurasian championship at Kingdom Come, he came back by defeating the former World champion The Beard in singles competition, showing the world that there is still plenty in the tank. K.O, however, wasn't as successful against Alhazred in his outing despite coming off victorious at the massive event.

Will K.O jump back into the hot seat against Daggershield or will Theron's momentum continue to rise, even with The Beard potentially looming around?

Deadline is Wednesday, December 17th, at 11:59PM, CST. Deadlines available upon request.

Theron's Merry Band Of Misfits

sipw.png
2e515si.jpg
3rgn.png

k86c.png

We open to a vast wilderness. Exotic plants and large trees cover the walking path. Green leaves from the plant-life fill the screen alongside various flowers. A large portion of the foliage is seen being cut away by Theron's Falchion. The Warblade walks onscreen to the right and sheaths his weapon. Sheshmish the Orc Swashbuckler and newest ally Kaleesta "The Healer" follow the leader of the Merry Band Of Misfits out of the path Theron carved for them. A tribal tune plays continually through each of the following scenes.

[YOUTUBE]g6X--9hjXY0[/YOUTUBE]​

Kaleesta: Why are we out here again?

Theron, still facing away from his allies, has his arms crossed as he answers, looking off into the path ahead.

Theron: Two reasons. I want to get a feel for what it must have been like for Clovis the Stunning Fist when he and his cannonball Snal were stranded in the wilderness. Secondly, we still need to locate Kayrentia.

Kaleesta: My Prayer Chamber pinpointed her location stating she was in Windlania, not out in the woods. I suggest we turn back and return to the town.

Sheshmish: Arrr, ye best not listen to her, Captain! The wilderness be full of adventure and treasure!

Kaleesta: And bears. Did you forget about the bear? The one you thought was nice because he waved his paws at us?

Sheshmish: Yarr, we outran him and it be fun!

Kaleesta: Fun? I made my decision, I will not abandon Theron, but nearly being killed by a bear in the woods was not what I signed up for.

Theron turns around to face the other two.

Theron: Guys, that's enough. We need to find Kayrentia. Kaleesta, I know your Prayer Chamber said she'd be in Windlania, but I think it meant the region. Not neccessarily the town itself. Knowing Kayrentia, without Kirilah or myself there to keep her focused she would likely get distracted. Chances are she found a bunny or some other animal and got lost out here trying to chase it. Let's keep moving.

The three nod in unison and they walk offscreen to the right. The tribal music keeps playing as the scene fades out.

====

Scene fades in to a clearing in the wilderness path. Surrounded by trees and plants as far as the eye can see, two female elves are in the clearing sitting by a wooden sign which reads "Beware of the Pineapple Monk!". One elf is has black wings, black hair, and she is wearing a black tunic. The other elf has no wings. She is clad in green sorcery robes and has very long brown hair. Theron, Kaleesta, and Sheshmish walk onscreen from the left facing the right.

Kaleesta: Who's that lot over there?

The elves, spotting the Merry Band Of Misfits, both immediately summon their familiars and ready their spears. An Air Elemental appears above the winged elf and a thunder bird appears above the robed elf.

Theron: Whoa, easy. Relax, ladies. We're not here to attack.

The elves lower their spears and both familiars slowly fly away.

Robed Elf: Who you?

Theron: I'm Theron Daggershield the gladiatorial warrior and these two are part of my Merry Band Of Misfits.

Robed Elf: What is "Misfit"?

The robed elf turns to the winged elf with a shrug.

Winged Elf: Forgive my friend, while well versed in Ancient Elven, she does not speak Common very well. I am Flower, and this is Elia.

Sheshmish: Your name be Flower....?

Flower: It is actually Flora, but someone once mispronounced it as "Flower", everyone has called me "Flower" since.

Theron: We're here searching for a friend of ours. Have you seen a Half-Elf druid dressed in green? She has a pet Dire Bat that may have been with her.

Elia: Girl with Dire Bat? She went out into woods. You follow?

Theron: If that's where Kayrentia went, we'll have to. Before we do, I'm also seeking some practice for my match with Clovis the Stunning Fist. It'd benefit me to fight someone in the elements similar to what Clovis was stranded in before I have to return to town for our match on Burnup 112.

Elia: What is "Burnup 112"!?

Flower: Shhhh.

Theron: No, it's ok. I don't mind explaining it to her. I'm a gladiator. I fight bad people and monsters all over the world. Burnup is one of the gladiator shows that I fight at. This week on its 112th edition I have to fight a monk named Clovis the Stunning Fist who carries a cannonball around. Anyone like that around here that I could enter a quick battle with?

The two elves look at each other for a moment, then face the Merry Band Of Misfits again.

Elia: Pineapple Monk.

Flower: Yes, The Pineapple Monk is who you should face. He is a dangeorus monk that has lived out here in the woods for many months and he often speaks to a pineapple named Patrick that he carries with him everywhere.

Sheshmish: Yarr, be he friendly?

Elia: No! He very unfriendly, he think this his island!

Kaleesta facepalms and sighs.

Kaleesta: It is going to be the bear all over again, is it not?

Theron: Sounds perfect. Can you take me to him?

Kaleesta walks up to Theron.

Kaleesta: What about finding your druid ally? Shall Sheshmish and I search for her in the meantime?

Theron turns around to face Kaleesta.

Theron: Good idea. You two find Kayrentia, have Flower show you where Kayrentia went and when you find her, wait for me in the Prayer Chamber. Keifasar is who we will look for next after I defeat Clovis on Burnup.

Theron faces the elves again.

Theron: Elia, show me where this Pineapple Monk is.

Elia: You not afraid?

Theron: Of course not. On the way I'll tell you about a true monster, a Barbarian named Beardacus who I fought recently and got attacked by.

Elia and Theron walk offscreen to the right. Fade out.

====

Fade in to a large hut surrounded by more trees and plants for many feet. Theron and Elia walk onscreen, mid-conversation, from the out of the foliage.

Theron: Then they decided to do away with the 7 defenses rule. My deity, Mystra, revealed to me that the Expert F Championship will now work immediately if I win it, just like the Global Championship. At that point I can deflect Dark Magic and save the World Gladiatorial Combat Federation from the evil Shar's influences.

Elia: Good story. Ok, Pineapple Monk, he live there. You fight him alone?

Theron: Yeah. Thanks for showing me how to find him.

Elia waves goodbye and walks offscreen to the left. Theron find a spot behind a tall tree to observe without being seen. A few moments pass and then a humanoid figure emerges from the hut. A bearded human monk walks out carrying a pineapple.

Pineapple Monk: No, Patrick! We can't go back to the shore until I finish building the raft! Now, where did you leave the parts I was using?

Patrick the Pineapple: Pretty far away but it was definitely to the Weest of where we are now.

The monk is silent for a moment and he stares at the pineapple.

Pineapple Monk: Weest....?

Patrick the Pineapple: Yeah, Weest of here. You know, like if you're going left.

Pineapple Monk: That's "West", Patrick....

Patrick the Pineapple: Whatever, I'm tired, ok? We've been here for 9 months and the elves might try to take the island back.

Pineapple Monk: I don't care how many days we have been here, Patrick! It's MY island now! Not the elves'!

The monk can be seen from a distance arguing more with the pineapple, but what they say cannot be heard. Theron looks on from behind the tree and his thoughts are heard as the scene switches a few times back and forth between Theron observing from behind the tree and Pineapple Monk yelling at the pineapple.

Theron: (Voice-over) This is just what I needed. I bet this is exactly what it was like for Clovis when he was stranded. Only he had a cannonball instead of a pineapple. I took out Beardacus last week, but I cannot lose focus in the ring. Clovis can be just as dangerous. He was a former Global Champion and was a member of the most feared gladiator team in history, the Acolytes of Crisis. Much like how this guy is busy arguing with a pineapple, Clovis is pre-occupied with Tiberius Scorch. Getting revenge on Scorch appears to be his primary goal. I have goals of my own.... winning either the Global Championship or the Expert F Championship if I earn a title match at the Resurrection event or another upcoming show.... but those goals can wait. Clovis' obsession with Tiberius Scorch will cause his downfall in our match. My goals are long-term while his are ongoing. I'm going to win, the match has my full attention. I have to go about the match carefully and allow for a moment to sneak in a win to present itself. Now to take care of this guy and get some quick practice in once he's vulnerable.

Pineapple Monk bends over to set down the pineapple on a tree stump. Theron unsheaths his Falchion and prepares to attack. He runs out with a look of determination on his face.

Theron: Who wants to play!?

Fade to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo