AS 89: El Swago vs Theron Daggershield vs Prince

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlexAmerican Dynamite

WZCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
CzoM8ay.gif
lfKhqAV.gif
QoCcybk.gif

Ascension 89 is kicking off with a bang as the former Elite X champion El Swago takes on not only the man coming off a huge win at Revolution Theron Daggershield but also the mysterious new rookie Prince. Who will win? Tune into Ascension to find out.

Deadline is Wednesday, February 25th at 11:59PM CST. Extensions available upon request.

Camera comes into a locker room with Prince sitting alone in a corner.

Prince looks up and points at the cameraman and tells him to come over to him, the cameraman stops right at Prince's face.

Prince:Ascension, what an appropriate name for this PPV. Because that's exactly what I Prince will do, Ascend to the top of WZCW. I get it, I understand, I'm a rookie, and I have to pay dues, I have to bide my time before I get shots, or main events, but I don't have time for that. There are kids out there who need me to be their hero, so because of that I need to win. I'm sorry El Swago, Daggershield, I cannot and will not let you take this win. Because just so you people know, every time I win I donate 1000$ to a shelter in the United States. So I cannot let Swago, or Daggershield take the win, and prevent me from giving food to those who need it. Because I am Prince, and the world needs me.

Theron's Merry Band Of Misfits

sipw.png
2e515si.jpg
3rgn.png
4w31.png
n3gq.png
vpe8.png

2heaq6s.jpg

Scene opens to a view of a gridded map laying on a table. A forested path can be seen on the map that eventually splits into two different paths. There are 5 figurines on the map in standard formation. Theatrical music plays in the background for the following scene and then the voice of Kaleesta The Healer, can be heard.

[YOUTUBE]LUliWjI4zWM[/YOUTUBE]​

Kaleesta: Ten minutes pass as you walk through the forest, you end up at a fork in the road. You must decide if you are going to go left or right. What is everyone doing now?

Angle zooms out to show Theron and his Merry Band Of Misfits sitting around the table of a lobby in a fancy Inn.... They are playing a game of 5th edition Labyrinths & Leviathans. Clockwise from the top is Kaleesta The Healer sitting behind a Temple Master's Screen, then Sheshmish the Orc Swashbuckler, then Kayrentia the Druid, then Kirilah the Paladin of Mystra, then spiky haired leader of the group Theron Daggershield, and to Kaleesta's left is Keifasar the Dread Necromancer. A few minutes pass by in real-time before anyone says anything.

Kaleesta: Well? Someone do something before purposefully I warp the lot of you to a room with a Tarrasque....

Kirilah: Do we know anything about the surrounding area? Can my Medic ask her deity for a revelation?

Kaleesta: Roll a Knowledge Check.

Kirilah rolls her 20 sided Amethyst onto the table and it lands on its 16th side.

Kaleesta: Your Medic's prayer is answered, but your deity tells you this is unfamiliar terrain for every member of your troupe. Theron, is there anything your Ravager wishes to do?

Theron: He's bored and unsure of whether to lead the others down the left or right path of the fork in the road.... So a fight against one of those two Champions of Darkness the king told us about at the castle would be fun for him. Are there any monsters nearby?

Kaleesta: If there was, I would have you all roll Initiative.

Theron: Ok so in character I say "As the frontman of this happy troupe of mavericks, I urge each of you to stand by for a moment. We need to think about this before we make a mistake".... Out of character, are we alone?

Kaleesta: No, you are not actually. A male Forest Elf has walked up to you from behind a tree east of you.

Theron: I'm gonna ask him if he knows anything about either of the paths.

Kaleesta: Ok. He only speaks Elven, so roll me a Diplomacy Check for your Ravager.

Theron takes out his 20 sided ruby and rolls it, it lands on a 14.

Kaleesta: You speak to him in your best elven, but to the elf it sounds broken and improper. He tells you that both lead to danger and certain death. The left takes you to a cavern guarded by an Orc Berserker, a champion of the Underdark. The right takes you to a tower guarded by a Celestial Sorceress, a champion of the Shadow Plane. Out of character, yes, these are the same two boss monsters that the king told you about back at the castle so slaying either would get you a wealth of a reward, but no one has survived battle against either. Which will it be?

Theron: So two different champions to potentially challenge.... With the momentum our party has after that victory we had in the ancient ruins against that Mountain Giant, we should certainly pick one and challenge them. I can't make up my mind on who though.

The Misfits all sit in silence for a moment. Theron scratches his head during this time, unsure of what decision to make for his character. Kirilah and Kayrentia are looking over their character sheets. Keifasar has begun reading an Epic Level Handbook. Sheshmish starts chugging a bottle of rum.

Theron: Can I take a moment to think this over before I decide which path to take?

Kaleesta: Yes. We will stop here for a break. I need to go visit my Prayer Chamber for a bit to do my prayer rituals for the night anyway.

Kaleesta takes down her Temple Master Screen, puts it in her blue bag of holding and leaves. Kirilah puts away the figurines and everyone's gemstones as Kayrentia gathers up the character sheets. Keifasar keeps reading his Epic Level Handbook and grinning in an evil manner. Sheshmish finishes drinking his drink. Theron steps over to the door leading out to the balcony and goes outside. The music stops playing as the scene fades out.

====

Screen remains black as a wistful melody begins playing.

[YOUTUBE]UMvHTlWyxH0[/YOUTUBE]​

Scene fades in to a view of Theron walking back into the lobby. Kirilah is the only one still sitting at the table. Keifasar is still reading his Epic Level Handbook and laughing to himself while he lays down on a couch alongside the wall. The others had all left the room. Kirilah looks over at Theron with a smile.

Kirilah: Are you alright? You were out there for over an hour.

Theron: Yeah, just needed to do some thinking.

Kirilah: About what?

Theron: About a decision I need to make.

Kirilah: It's just a game, Theron. Pick a path. If the boss at the end kills us, we can play a different campaign.

Theron: That's just the thing. There is an analogy to my current World Gladiatorial Combat Federation standing that can be drawn here.

Kirilah: How so?

Theron walks over to the map and picks up his Ravager figurine.

Theron: This guy, just like me, has the chance to challenge one of two different Champions of darkness. But which one does he choose? The king never told us which monster to hunt and no one has told me yet if the biggest victory of my career over Beardacus at Resurrection earned me a title shot. However, I want that opportunity to become a Gladiatorial Champion just as my Ravager wants the king's reward gold.

Kirilah: I think I see the connection now....

Theron places his Ravager figure down on the gridded map's representation of the Orc Beserker's Cave.

Theron: This Berserker is just like the new Expert F Champion, Vittorio Macaroni. He defends his title this week against Kaitlyn Onyx on Burnup 114. I've defeated Kaitlyn before and I'm sure the two of us could have a great match fueled by respect for not only each other as gladiators, but also respect we have for that title belt. If Vittorio wins though, I wouldn't know what to expect with him.

Kirilah: If Vittorio is the Berserker.... Then who is the Sorceress?

Theron takes his Ravager figure and places it on the gridded map's representation of the Celestial Sorceress' Tower.

Theron: The Celestial Sorceress reminds me of the other new champion we have. The Global Champion, Ella Teague. Regardless of who wins the Expert F Championship match, I'd rather face Ella than either Vittorio or Kaitlyn. There's some.... unfinished business there. I'll take whatever opportunities are thrown my way, but if I had my way.... I want to get in the ring with that fallen Cleric for several reasons, her title belt is only the first of these reasons.

Keifasar, still laying on the couch, lowers his Handbook to speak up.

Keifasar: So go after the Sorceress then. Can I get the others so we can get on with the game?

Theron: Let them finish whatever it is they went to go do. Unlike either of my two Elevation 89 opponents, I'm in no rush.

Keifasar rolls his eyes, sighs, and buries his face in the Handbook again.

Kirilah: Oh yeah! I cannot wait to watch you win your match. Who are you facing this week?

Theron: That weird Masked Illusionist "La Charisma" and some new guy named The Monarch who wears a Were-Tiger mask while using gladiatorial maneuvers he learned from playing fighting games such as Road Knight II or Fatal Conflict.

Kirilah: Do you think you can defeat them?

Theron sits down in the chair next to her.

Theron: Yeah. I have to. If I want to send a message to the winner of Vittorio VS Kaitlyn.... or to Ella Teague.... then I need to win this match. I've defeated La Charisma before. All he cares about is running around rambling about how charismatic he is and ranting about how everyone thinks he is Steven Sprint when most of us see past his illusion spells. He can cast all the Illusion spells he wants but his mask won't hide the fact that I defeated him the last time we faced each other. I know I can do it again. As for The Monarch.... This will be his first match in our federation.

Kirilah: Do not underestimate him, he could surprise you despite being new.

Theron: This is true, but a lot of people go into their first encounter thinking they will be a lot better than they actually are.

Keifasar: She wouldn't know anything about first encounters, Theron. Did you forget the fact that Kirilah's still a vir-

Theron: Not THAT kind of "first time", you idiot....

Keifasar snickers and goes back to reading his Epic Level Handbook. Kirilah facepalms. An akward silence follows.

Theron: ANYWAY.... I'll give The Monarch a fair fight, or at least as fair as it could be with La Charisma also being in the ring with us. However, I'll be the one who wins and it will be a welcoming The Monarch won't soon forget.

It is then that Kaleesta re-enters the room with Sheshmish and Kayrentia. The music fades out when Kaleesta speaks.

Kaleesta: Sorry for the delay. Shall we continue the game now? Did you decide what path you want to take? Are you challenging the Berserker or the Sorceress?

Theron: I'll tell you when I tell the rest of the world. Both champions better be watching, because after I win my match on Elevation 89.... Then I'll make my intentions clear about challenging one of them for their title belt.

Fade to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back