• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MD53: Big Dave vs. Baez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Now that the King For A Day Elimination Chamber is set, Chuck Myles has named that two of the competitors will face off this week, namely Big Dave and Baez. Who will go into the Chamber with momentum out of these two? It should be interesting to note that the last time they fought, shocking things occurred, will we see a repeat?

Deadline is Tuesday 1st March 23:59 EST

Opening up to the scene to the beautiful Stacey Madison as she seems to be walking down the lobby of a hotel room. She walks into an elevator and presses "B-2". As the elevator starts to move, Stacey turns to the camera.

Stacey: Well, might as well let you know what I'm doing. This is Stacey Madison for WZCW. I'm currently in a local hotel in search of Baez. Who will be facing Big Dave in a rematch from a few months ago as we head to Kingdom Come and the King Of The Day match in which both will participate. Let's see if I can spot the little weirdo.

Stacey eventually walks out of the elevator and begins to walk around the basement room. As she walks by, Baez can be seen in the back upside down, hanging from a celling tube. He jumps off and startles Stacey.

Stacey: What the hell are you doing?!

Baez: I should ask the same thing, toot's.

Stacey: Hm. I'm sick of being the one left behind. I decided to go out and get a big scoop.

Baez: You're that interested in getting a big news story... for a wrestling company? I really hope you're getting a good pay out of it. I mean, I wouldn't want you to be blown over money. Sounds like a body of work with too many screw-ups.And... Ah, who am I kidding? Would you do nasty things to me?

Stacey: GO TO HELL, YOU DISGUSTING FREAK!

Stacey slaps Baez hard across the face.

Baez: Damn! Glad to know you have some self respect.

Stacey: Shame I can't say the same for you.

Baez: So what do you want?

Stacey: Well, to get your thoughts.

Baez: Well... The Hot Dog I had this morning was too cold. Maybe I should've microwaved it. I need some shampoo for my ever so sexy hair and dammit to hell, you are smokin' hot. Maybe I should hose you down before you trigger the fire extinguishers.

Stacey kicks Baez in the shin.

Baez: Dammit, burn then!

Stacey: I meant your match! With Big Dave.

Baez: Big Dave? He's still wrestling? Really? I forgot all about him.

Stacey: Are you kidding me? He just beat Everest to qualify for the King For A Day match. One of your 5 opponents. He's still rolling in success.

Baez: Then clearly Puerto Rico will have a king for the first time since the days of it being a colony of Spain. The world saw me continue to expose Gordito's ignorance and lack of focus. I've beaten Barbosa soundly before. I've MAULED Kurtesy and his fellow Crashin's. And Hunter isn't even in my league. And Dave? You know, it's clear to see that the buzz, all the praise about how he was the next big thing and would win Lethal Lottery, has died off. He's just another fish in the pond now. But more importantly is where the downfall started. Where did it start dear Stacey?

Stacey: He didn't win Lethal Lottery?

Baez: No, lovely piece of eye candy. It started when I beat him. I rolled over the steam roller. I halted the train. I stopped the bullet dead in it's tracks. I ended the streak. And now he gets me again? Well, call it a chance at redemption if you want but I call it a chance to screw up and keep falling from grace. He had the world on his hands a few months ago and he chose to toss all of that aside. I was a better Mayhem Champion than he was EurAsian. Screw polls and awards, I never tossed my belt aside. He is nothing but smoke and mirrors. Hell, he couldn't even properly dismiss Titus from this company. Big Dave ain't Big. He's a joke built with false hype. Was it the RWO? Was it beating Showtime? Was it mauling a mascot? I don't know, but it's obvious that people can't see how flawed the man is. But fear not, my love. I'll straighten him out and show him what real brutality is all about. No fancy footwork. No fancy words. Just some good ol' kickassery. Big Dave, just like Gordito, just like Barbosa, Kurtesy and Hunter, you are nothing more than a running gag wannabe who think's that acting crazy and stupid equals success. Funny. I'm the one in the mask. Why am I the rational one? Big Dave has a right to fear me. I did cut his momentum short after all. I did expose him as nothing but cheap hype. And we'll see it all again at Meltdown.

Stacey: You are joking. The man beat Everest twice already. And he ended Titus' career.

Baez: So? Great job with Titus by the way. Everest hasn't been relevant in a year. The only reason he's relevant now is because... Wouldn't you know it? It's a rematch from last year. When he was last relevant. Now baby, where were we?

Stacey: Stop it or you'll really know what brutality is. And don't you already have a girlfriend? Alisha?

Baez: What?

Alisha suddenly walks by and smacks Baez with a skillet across the face. Stacey looks surprised, but that doesn't stop her from enjoying it as she clearly smiles. She the turns to the camera.

Baez: What was that for?

Alisha: I go home for a bit to visit the folks and I have sit through you stabbing your friends in the back?! What do you think is wrong with me?

Baez: Well, I think you need to shut up and fall back in line. But more importantly, understand that what I'm doing is for Gordito's own good.

Alisha: No, Baez. Beating his head with a chair won't make his hair grow back.

Baez: I ain't playing games here, hon. I mean it. Gordito is gonna learn to hate. And he's gonna learn that the wrestling game is about one's pride. And tossing your pride out and sucking up to the fan's who do nothing but pay to see the show regardless is not something to be proud of. Why? Because it's gotten him nothing but a smash against the glass ceiling. The fact that he went past me like that just to embarrass himself is an embarrassing to me. Not to mention how sick I am of being overlook in favor of people that I'm clearly superior to. The King For A Day match is literally a museum of my success all placed in nice little pods for me to relive. And I'll gladly start reliving the glory when I beat Davey AGAIN, at Meltdown.

Alisha: You've lost it. What happened to all the love for your fan's? All the dedication to the Mayhem Division and the fact that for once in your life, you were happy?

Baez: So sue me. I'm bitter. It happens. But last I checked, happiness didn't place me in a match that can send me to the main event scene.

Alisha: You're that confident?

Baez: Well my name isn't Corey Payne. So I'm pretty sure that if I walk out with the win, I can cash in and win the World title. Not to mention how I've already beaten all of the people in the damn thing. But I think I've pointed that out enough.

Alisha lowers her head saddened and disappointed by Baez' comments. Baez then turns back to Stacey.

Baez: And what about you? I tried to give you something to do and you said no. Then I answer your question and you just stand there. What did you enjoy? Me getting hit with a pan or me speaking the truth.

Stacey: I think you've really become a jerk.

Baez: Pardon me? Aren't you an expert at jerking? And isn't Dave one too? I'm only playing his cheap game. But I don't feel any praise coming my way. Biased much? I think so. But don't worry. When words turn to fists, I'll be sure to turn hype into failure. Again. At Meltdown, I'm snapping Dave LIKE A TWIG!

Baez motions with his hands as if he were breaking something.

Stacey: Well... Love it or hate it, you heard it here first. Baez vs Big Dave at Meltdown 53. Ladies and gentlemen, for WZCW, this is Stacey Madison. See you at Meltdown 53.

The scene opens backstage at Ascension 27; Big Dave is in his locker room watching Titus being in the ring with Everest. Dave is staring contently at the screen as Titus reveals he has a contract and is officially back in the WZCW. Dave slowly takes deep breaths but seemingly can’t keep his eyes off the screen. His sister Dani emerges from the door into the locker room.

Dave, you’re not going to believe…

She stops to notice Dave staring at the screen, realising that he knows the events that have just occurred.

Dave?

He still keeps staring at the screen.

Dave?

I’m fine!

Fine?

Dave uncrosses his arms, looks at Dani and smirks for a moment, he turns to go to his bag, only in a sudden burst of rage he punches a locker with full might while letting out an enraging scream. Dani wants to consult with him, but fears a stray right hand.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! TITUS…TITUS IS BACK IN THIS COMPANY?! THE STIPULATIONS STATED THAT IF HE LOST, HE WOULD RETIRE!!!

Dave, I…

DON’T!

He inhales deeply before resuming.

If Titus thinks he can rejoin this company with ease, I’m going to send him back out the same way he left!

Dave is about to head off but Dani stands in the way of the door, preventing him to pass through.

Out of my way Dani! I mean it! If you don’t let me pass I will…

Dani then suddenly slaps the taste out of Dave’s mouth. He looks at her directly in the eyes and she responds accordingly.

Look! Forget about Titus...he’s old news! Focusing on him is not the task at hand! You just got your place in the King For A Day and you are now set! If you can contain your anger until then, the other competitors stand no chance! Nothing can come between you and your anger when locked inside that cage. But now, let’s get out of here and forget about all this, we’ll focus on what’s to come when know thing, ok? Ok?

…Fine!

Ok, let’s get going!

Dani goes to grab her stuff as the camera fades out to them leaving the room.

-----------------------

A few days later Dave and Dani are being driven to one of the House Shows, it’s very early in the morning; the only sights are the tech guys bringing all the tech items from the trucks into the building. Once they park up, they leave the car and head straight into the building, Dave leading with an intention while Dani behind him.

Why are we here? You’re not even scheduled to be here.

Something I have to do.

What?

Dave enters the empty arena and sees it right before him, the ring, standing in isolation in the centre of the arena. Dave stares at it with intention and heads straight to it, he climbs in and stands around, feeling the energy of the ring consuming him.

Dave, is this necessary? You need to train and have some words for your match against Baez.

Don’t see what I’m doing Dani? I am training for him.

How?

By putting myself in the place he had the confidence to speak against me when we last faced off.

Couldn’t you have waited until Meltdown rolled by?

No! I needed to do this now. It was in this ring that he said those words and in this ring he had the fortune to get that victory.

Ok, I’ll sit and wait.

Dani pulls up a chair while Dave feels the energy about him, he keeps his eyes closed for a moment before he smirks and then re-opens them.

Baez…how time flies…you came down the night before our match and you tried to sing a tune to the fans, one so sycophantic and out of tune that I found it laughable. Yet, these words inspired you…to do what? The Cynical Nightmare as you call me, you set out to vanquish me, comparing our paths to what lead us there that night. And what were those words you said…

Oh yes, “I'll be damned if I let, Dave's run as Eurasian Champion and Titus' career go up in smoke, because of how "change" has turned this world into a twist of insanity”... and that “unlike me, you know where you’re going and that's up. A place I can't go to.” Baez, should I laugh? Because tell me, what have you gone on to do since that very night?

Dave shifts around as if he’s waiting for an answer. He goes and sits up on one of the turnbuckles still waiting for his answer, he taps on his knee before jumping back down.

I’ll answer it for you, nothing!

Let’s see, you go running on that momentum to try and win my former championship at All or Nothing…last I checked Chris Beckford was still holding on to it and you weren’t even involved in the decision. You challenged Showtime for the Elite X Championship…how is that belt looking around your waist? Oh wait, what belt? And then there’s the Lethal Lottery, you go on about how I didn’t win it and was a thing of the past, yet, who was it that eliminated you? Dropping you on that thick skull of yours harder than anyone of your own chairshots could ever do!

Baez, is there’s one thing I have found in life is that there is nothing more unforgiving than a hypocrite! You continue to ride on the success that was your one off victory over me stating that I did nothing since then and that my downfall has occurred?! Let me ask you something Baez, how did you get into the King For A Day? Did you actually have a qualifying match? I sure as hell didn’t see you in one. Did you earn it on merit? Well my examples say no. How about demanding it? I’ll help here, your little friend Gordito wanted you in there, you only got in because Gordito is spending most of his weekend in Chuck Myles’ Sludge Pit to grant you an opportunity to get into this match! That must really get your blood pumping Baez, knowing you would have probably been stuck in another Mayhem Scramble earning your 7th and shortest Mayhem reign had it not been for him. That must really bug you, because you know that if you did win King For A Day, you know you couldn’t have done it without him, I’ll let that one sink in for you!

He continues to smirk at himself while he continues to stand in the ring.

Baez, all joking and bitching aside, you caught me at a very good time because if you haven’t guessed it, I am really pissed off right now. Sure, I may have got screwed over in the past six months more than you have in a lifetime, but what you are seeing is a flame inside that is starting to heat up as the days move on, willing and ready to unleash on anyone who gets in my way but oh so much so hell can be saved for The Chamber. But you must understand this Baez, your victory over me last time is merely fuel for this fire and if there’s one thing you SHOULD fear is what I’m going to do to you this time around before I even get into that cage. I am a bull Baez and you are the red cape that I am targeting, the time to run is now because I am going to gore you down that your mask is a saving grace for you, if you have one. This isn’t one of you “Kickassery” sessions, it is pure annihilation that is awaiting you at Kingdom Come, I’m just getting warmed up to save you a preview because if Meltdown is just an example of what I do regularly, then imagine what it’s going to be like trapped with me inside that Chamber.

To end on something you said once before Baez, it is time I prove how “blind YOU are and show you just what it means to be a real champion” because I’ve been there Baez, you haven’t. And Kingdom Come will bring my success once again, even if I have to take you out beforehand!

Dave nods his head in a fired up mood, he smiles and turns to Dani who’s sitting there, he exits the ring to face her.

That’s the Dave I know!

Not yet…

Dave walks on ahead while Dani looks on concerned at what Dave just said as the camera fades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back