MD42: Garth Black vs. Big Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Where Big Dave was successful in retaining against Blade at Apocalypse, Garth Black wasn't so fortunate and just lost out to his former partner Phoenix in a Last Man Standing Match. This week they face off one-on-one for the first time since their epic encounter in the Tag Team Ladder Match at All or Nothing last year. Black was certainly a thorn in Big Dave's side back then, will he continue to remain that way or will Big Dave get a victory that means so much to him?

Deadline is Monday 12th July 23:59 EST

The scene opens up on a calendar with Saturday 4th July circled in red, we pan out to see a confused Becky Serra looking at the calendar, trying to work out the puzzle with calendar

4th July…was a Sunday, so how can that be…

It’s from last year!

Becky jumps to see Big Dave standing behind her with the EurAsian Championship over his shoulder

Why would you…

Can you remember what happened then?

Well?

Becky’s hesitant on what to say

I’ll help, that time last year, I remember doing one of those merry little advertisements for FHD merchandise, and you decided to interview me. But do you know what was the key moment about that particular day? It was a Meltdown…

Oh…yes…

And I was in a match…

…and you teamed up with Everest and beat the hell out of Ricky, leading to the set up of the rWo!

Dave’s expression changes in an instant

No…that was a month later. What I'm talking about was the match that was quite possibly the most humiliating of my career, picture it…Meltdown 25, facing Garth Black, I changed his entrance music…and then…

Erm…

The chicken suit happened! Around this time last year exactly, I had that humiliating plan by making him come out to Seasame Street, and some guy in a chicken suit thinks he’ll hide under the ring in order to distract Garth so I can get the victory…it was my first ever singles match and I lost…just to think that at that point I was the Tag Team Champion, ready to counter the loss from the week before to let Second Coming know who’s boss and that moment happened. I vowed to never let it happen again! And since then, I have gone on to success!

But didn’t you lose the belts a month later to Second Coming in a Lad…

Dave just glares at Becky

I don’t think trying to correct me is the right idea Becky, especially when I was referring to my singles career. Since that godforsaken match, I have gone from strength to strength and became the EurAsian Champion, the most dominant of recent times, keeping to the credibility that this belt was meant to carry, keeping it at an arm’s length from Showtime Cougar to waking Blade up out of a dream just last week at Apocalypse. I have to ask Becky, someone so powerful, so dominant…so dangerous, what does he do next?

He finds more means to show why he’s unstoppable and I thought that it would be best for this week, that one year on from my singles debut, that I go back to that origin and overcome what I failed last time. That being I take on Garth Black and show him that the man who stands today is far from different to the overconfident, smug self that I use to be, and certainly no chicken shit will happen this time around!

But what makes you think Black will be easier to beat?

Could I be arrogant and say I’m the champion and he lost a Last Man Standing match? No, the last time I was arrogant enough to think being the champion was enough, Garth got the better of me. No, this week, this is fresh territory, I want to make this match memorable, not only for myself but for Black and the competition themselves. You see, the whole locker room is talking about different things like Vengeance being the World Champion and how scary that will be, or how everyone’s second guessing where Ty Burna is hiding. I want the locker room to remember that I am the man to fear, the only man left with his championship around his waist since Kingdom Come, a man who is unstoppable even before his prime.

You see Becky, where Garth Black likes to praise you with French Love Sonnets and makes imaginary sex references around you whenever possible, he’s lost his focus, he’s no longer the man who once teamed up and took the Tag Team Championships from me. No, he’s drowned out, his mind is on other places, seems to sound much like Blade who realised the situation once I got in the ring with him. Maybe this week will be Garth’s wake up call? Maybe that’s what he needs, a good head slam from the Stamp of Authority and he’ll right as rain, but then do we want to see that? It would make people think that there’s a lesser man than I am to be feared.

The message is clear for Meltdown this week

Big Dave takes the calendar down from the wall and holds it in front of Becky

Meltdown 25, 2009, a dark place in history occured.

Meltdown 42, 2010…

Dave aggressively rips the calendar up into shreds which scares Becky and has her up against the wall

…I show that it was nothing compared to will happen this week!

Dave walks off leaving Becky in a scared state as the calendar pieces lay all over the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back