MD39 - USA vs. Carmen Bratchny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Both men weren't exactly in fortunate situations at the end of Redemption, but that won't stop USA or Carmen Bratchny regaining momentum after a good month of action for both men. Hopefully whoever wins this encounter must surely be considered as a contender for the World Title.

Deadline: Monday 10th May 23:59 EST

USA is working out in Patriot's Gym. He is working hard and has a smile on his face. The General walks over to him and kneels beside him.

General: Well, I certainly see an improvement in your attitude.

USA: Yeah. I mean, yeah, I got pinned, but that's going to happen sometimes. I feel good about my performance, and I feel good about the trend I've been on. Better performances, big wins, close losses. I feel things turning around for me. And....I have you to thank.

GLD: You have no one to thank but yourself. But, I suppose, if you are handing out praise, I will say thank you....and ask for more.

USA: You are such a girl.

GLD: (Looking down at her chest) Well, yeah, I guess I am.

USA: Definitely. But, in all honesty, your little pep talks have really bucked me up lately. I am glad that when everyone else left me, you were here.

GLD: I've always been here. I would do anything for you. Would you do anything for me?

USA: Of course. What did you have in mind?

GLD: Nothing. Except.....

USA: Except....what?

GLD: Beat Carmen.

USA: That's the plan.

GLD: I know that. BUt, I really want you to beat him.

USA: I really want to beat him too. He's been a fixture in the main event scene. He deserves it, but I don't think he went about it the right way. So much deceit. He's not a role model. He's not a hero. He's....

GLD: He's a winner, and you can be a winner too. I mean...well, I mean maybe winning on your terms is one thing, but winning titles requires a bit of a mean streak. Do you have that in you?

USA: Of course I do. Do I need to unleash it? Do I need to hit him with a chair? Do I need to choke him. Do I need to knock the ref out and hit Bratchny with the ring bell? I could do that. But.....but that's not me.

GLD: (dejected) I know. I just like this new happy you, and I know a few more wins would make you happy.

USA: How did you put it earlier? Win on my terms? I can win on my terms. That's what I'll do. I don't need to be like Bratchny. I need to be a Marine. I need to be honorable. And, how can you question my mean streak? I was discharged from the Corps for being too aggressive. I promised to keep my anger in check. A focused fighter is a successful fighter. Angry fighters make mistakes. Angry fighters lose. I may not win every fight, but I lose with honor. And, when I win, I win with class. This week will be no different. I can't win like those I fight. At that point, what am I fighting for?

GLD: Fighting to win.

USA: I always fight to win. Never doubt that. But I fight for something more. I fight to remind people that honor is still just as important as it ever was. I fight to remind people that winning the right way is winning the satisfying way. I want to win. But, I want to win on my terms.

GLD: Of course you do. And you should. Come on, I'll spot you. How much is on the bench here.

USA: 550. Maybe you should let the machine spot me.

GLD: I think you're right.

USA gets back to work and the General stands there watching in awe of the man she chooses to back. He is so honorable that she can't stand it, but so determined that she is drawn to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back