Kingdom Come - Steamboat Ricky vs. Carmen Bratchny (REAL World Title)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
KC-TrueWorld.jpg

For the first time in WZCW and Kingdom Come history, Two World Titles will be on the line as rWo leader, Steamboat Ricky will defend his True World Championship against Carmen Bratchny after accepting a direct challenge from him. Will Carmen take Ricky's prized Championship away from him or will the rWo leader continue to show his dominance?

Only one RP is allowed for this match

Deadline for this contest is Tuesday 16th February 23:59 EST

*The scene opens in Carmen Bratchny’s apartment. “Run” by Snow Patrol can be heard on the CD player which sits on a unit against one of the 4 plain white walls which enclose the apartments living area. In the middle of the apartment sits a black leather couch and on that sits Carmen Bratchny. Carmen is reading a copy of “Pikovaya dama” by Alexander Pushkin. Carmen’s mind seems somewhat distracted, his eyes flicking up from the book and toward a glass coffee table situated in front of the couch, more specifically toward the journal given to him by Karen McKenzie which is lying on top of the table.

After a few moments Carmen sighs heavily and slams his book shut, he tosses it on to the table with a thud and reaches out and picks up the journal. Carmen opens up the front cover and begins to read*

“”Carmen,

If you are reading this then I must have paid the ultimate sacrifice. Please read my last entry and then return to this page and I’ll explain everything in-between…””

*Carmen closes the book and flips it over to the last page and continues to read*

“”If this is my final entry then good luck to the future and please give my eternal love to Karen xx

Carmen,

Tonight’s a big one… one on one with Red Mask for the Elite X Championship… YOUR Elite X Championship. Firstly, be careful of Red Mask. He reminds me of someone I’ve seen before but I cannot put my finger on it.""

*Carmen s******s to himself*

""If I do not make the match then please unmask him, if I do make the match then I will instruct you to do so anyway, I need to know who he is so I can add more information on him in the “Talent Profiles” Section of this journal (you will find this towards the back). I know I’ve been slightly more emotional as of late and I know you are still upset about me going behind your back and signing the deal with Magnus Maximillion & Manzo. I have done this to secure your future both in and out of the ring. I know my days are numbered as the higher you go up the WZCW rankings the higher the prescription of drugs I have to take. The deal I have made with the devil is coming close to payment time; I just hope I see you claim the WZCW World Heavyweight Championship from Steamboat Ricky before I have to pay my proverbial debt. The headaches are getting worse and the chest pains are sometimes unbearable, Karen is getting more and more worried every day, Luckily I haven’t told her about the blood I cough up of a morning or you’d be stuck in this main event on your own.

Anyway, enough of my drivel and I’ll no doubt see you in the locker room before tonight’s match.

Good Luck

Swindle””

*Carmen’s jaw drops in shock as he then aggressively flips the book back to the front page and continues to read*

“”Now you know my last entry and when this (and I) expired… Now we can go on to the present…

The year is 2003. I’m working for a wrestling company called NAPWS (National Association of Professional Wrestling Superstars). I’m the manager of a wrestler called “Bolt”. Bolt’s ring name is ironic as he wasn’t quick in his 80’s heyday and 20 years later he is 200lbs heavier and can barely perform his finishing move. Anyway, enough about Bolt

6 Months ago we were working within the grounds of a carnival in Phoenix, AZ when one afternoon while waiting for the show that evening I decided to see the Carnivals fortune teller. I’ve never done this before but decided it would kill some time when she said the most strangest of things. I walked in and she began talking immediately

“Steven McKenzie” she said

Before I could save face and try and correct her with my stage name she continued to talk

“Steven. You’ve been here 3 days and the spirits have finally guided you to me. I have a message for you… Steven, Your destiny screams a legacy that the world will look too and remember… But legacies do not land on laps, you need to learn the language of the Russians, You need to be prepared to go to hell and while serving your time during… within your darkest hour you shall be saved by a red beacon of strength. From this dark hour it will bring highs you have never experienced”

“What’s the catch?” I said

“There is indeed a price… you will pay the ultimate sacrifice. Your time is running out on this plane Mr. McKenzie. Remember the word Bratchny and the world will bring memory to the name McKenzie for eternity”

I was slightly spooked by this as you can imagine but felt compelled to learn Russian, learn as much as I can about the word “Bratchny” and then more importantly write this journal. I’ve never written a journal before so do not expect pages and pages of my memoirs. I will however create a database of wrestlers and their details for the use of whoever gets this journal AND I’ll definitely write more when I know more.

For now good bye,

Swindle””

*Carmen flicks through a couple of pages and stops randomly at another page. Various newspaper clippings fall out – these do not seem to have any relevance to anything… Carmen begins to read another entry*

“”If this is my final entry then good luck to the future and please give my eternal love to Karen xx

September 2003

Today was a crazy day. I’ve decided to finally leave the wrestling business. I’ve given my notice to Simon DeFraitas (Owner of NAPWS) and I’m looking forward to finally going home and spending some quality time with my wife. It’s been too long, Man I’m looking forward to pancakes this weekend

For now goodbye,

Swindle””

*Carmen seems somewhat shocked by this latest instalment, Carmen goes to read on but is interrupted by his cell phone, Carmen looks at the display and answers the call. The display read “Slave Driver”*

Carmen: Bratchny!

Karen: Carmen, Where are you?

Carmen: At home… relaxing

Karen: RELAXING?! I need you here… I need you here now!

Carmen: huh?

Karen: Its days before the pay per view, days before the biggest match in your career, days before the first chance you have of winning a championship belt in 9 months and you’re at home doing… what are you doing?

Carmen: Reading

*Suddenly it all clicks in Karen’s head*

Karen: Oh… umm… The Journal… what does it say? Does it mention me?

Carmen: It’s good… Why do you need me… I thought I didn’t have to be at the gym until later

Karen: Well… that was the plan until WZCW headquarters threw a spanner in to the works. Leon Kensworth is due here in 20 minutes for a pre PPV interview with you for WZCW.com

Carmen: Oh… umm

Karen: Please... Just get here

Carmen: Give me 15 minutes

*Carmen hangs up the phone, he then places the journal back on to the coffee table before rushing around the apartment looking for various things before leaving*

Carmen: Shoes…. Grr, where are they? Ah shoes! Keys… Table! Wallet… Where is it? Wallet wallet wallet… ah…

*Carmen leaves the apartment and slams the door shut

…

1 minute later the door reopens as Carmen rushes in and grabs his cell phone, he then leaves the apartment as the scene fades*

*Scene Fades*

…

*Scene Reopens*

*The scene reopens outside Silver’s Gym. The parking lot is half full and somewhat tranquil... Out of nowhere a red sports car speeds in to the parking lot “Hardrock Hallelujah” by Lordi can be heard from the sound system. The Car screeches in to a disabled space as the engine shuts off. Carmen then climbs out of the car and races towards the entrance of the gym before entering

The door swings open as Carmen enters*

Carmen: Is Leon here yet?

*Karen looks at Carmen with slight shock*

Karen: No… but you made it here in 10 minutes… that has to be a record

Carmen: Yeah, I’m parked in a disabled space

Karen: Oh

*Before the conversation can continue the door opens again… This time it’s a camera crew and Leon Kensworth*

Leon: Is this a good Time?

*Carmen looks across the room with a scowl on his face, Karen then answers the question before Carmen says something which he could regret*

Karen: Of course Leon, come in?

Leon: what sort of interview do you want us to present? You have your all action intense interview where Carmen will stand and be generally aggressive or you can have a sit down interview which is slightly less aggressive but can sometimes give the audience the perception of depth before a big match up

Karen: We're after a sit down interview... I want lots of close up face shots and I want you to probe Carmen with his thoughts about the match, the rWo & other influences he may have when going in to this match

Leon: No problem, we’ll just set up over by the couches in the corner

*Leon & his crew go off to set up for the interview. Karen approaches Carmen*

Karen: This is the biggest interview of your career! Answer all of his questions truthfully and look him in the eye. I'll be sitting next to you should any awkward questions arise

Carmen: Thanks, I'll make this one something the fans will remember

*Carmen & Karen walks towards the corner of the room to join Leon Kensworth. Both take a seat on a couch opposite the couch Leon is sitting on, moments later the signal is given for the interview to begin*

Leon: Good Afternoon WZCW Fans. I’m Leon Kensworth and today I'm with Carmen Bratchny & Karen McKenzie. Now unless you've been living under a rock these past couple of weeks you'll be sure to know that next week at WZCW Kingdom Come "The Charismakov" Carmen Bratchny faces off against the "Real" World Champion and leader of the rWo, Steamboat Ricky in a one on one match for the title.

This match has classic written all over it as their feud began back at WZCW Meltdown 32 when Carmen Bratchny seemingly accidentally injured Steamboat Ricky... Let’s show the clip of how it all began

Ty hits a bicycle kick on Ricky, sending him backwards to the ropes again. He goes flying over the top rope as Bratchny pulls it down from under him. Ricky lands shoulder and neck first onto the outside padding. He lies limp on the outside as Bratchny looks down at him.

Copeland: Oh my God, Cohen that doesn’t look good. I think Ricky’s hurt.

Cohen: Get medical staff out here immediately! And disqualify that Communist bastard! He tried seriously hurting Ricky on purpose!

Leon: Now Carmen, what is your view on that?

Carmen: When it happened, I was in a match fighting for the win; I didn't know where I was or who I was fighting. Had Trevor Steel of been in the match I'd have done the same to him; had Titus been in there then you can bet your ass I'd have done the same to him too. Steamboat happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and rather then man up and move on Steamboat has decided try and get his own back, Steamboat and his gang of merry men have tried to cause the same pain to me that I accidentally caused him and now, rather then wimp away like he would have wanted I've decided to stand up and take him out once and for all.

Steamboat Ricky is a bully, he tried to pick on what he thinks are beneath him... but unluckily for him, I'm anything but...

Leon: Surely the rWo are going to play a key part in this match

Carmen: The rWo would not dare to try and take me on... I may not have the backing of a partner in the ring but I have the backing of my fans cheering me from the outside... and should the rWo try to get involved... Me... And the millions of Charismakov's from around the world will land them in a whole new world of pain

Leon: It seems as though dealing with Steamboat Ricky is you main priority in this match... would you say that's true?

Carmen: It's a priority... but not my main priority... My main priority is to take the "Real" World Championship from around his waist! It's been too long since I've had gold and I think it’s about time my fans had something to really be happy about

Leon: So Ricky is not your main priority going in to this match??

Carmen: Ricky is just a man who is in the way of me winning the title. Like Meltdown 32 when he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, he has put himself in the same situation again. Had Ricky not had not had the real world title - I'd have taken him out of commission weeks ago and moved on.... there used to be a time when I respected Steamboat Ricky but now its nothing... Ricky is just a guy I’m about to beat for the real world championship.

Leon: Don't you think you're underestimating the former World Heavyweight Champion??

Carmen: not at all... I've been studying him for months, I've scouted him week in week out watching his every move... I'm well aware of Steamboat Ricky's abilities... but as a person... As a person... Ricky means nothing... I want that belt

Leon: And if you don't win at Kingdom Come?

Carmen: then I’d hate to be whoever is holding a belt in WZCW... Because I want one… anyone... heck I’ll take the tag team titles if it means holding gold. My fans deserve gold and I will deliver it

Leon: Then I hope for the sake of the guys in the locker room backstage, you win the WZCW Real World Championship… Carmen *nervously*... d-do you have anything else to say to the fans??

Carmen: Yes... *Carmen stares intensely at the camera* On Sunday it is The "Charismakov" Carmen Bratchny Versus Steamboat Ricky at Kingdom Come in the Real Main Event for the Real Heavyweight Championship. Steamboat Ricky will bring his 'A' Game, Steamboat Ricky will bring the rWo but most importantly Steamboat Ricky will bring his Real World Heavyweight Championship... And as a great man once said... Ricky... We live in a world of great inflation, high population and low income households. Ricky... We live in a world where yuo're only as good as your last great achievement and everything else is just forgotton in a heartbeat. RICKY... You can forget the rWo, your flannel shirts and that stupid beard that makes you look like a tramp. You can forget your eye pokes, groin shots and secret weapon stashes... Hell Ricky you can even forget to eat your vitamins & say your prayers because at KINGDOM COME! at Kingdom Come.... I'm taking your WZCW Real Heavyweight Championship and if you don't like it... Get Over it!

Leon: *In slight shock* Carmen it’s been a pleasure talking to you and WZCW fans can catch WZCW Kingdom Come LIVE on pay per view Sunday 21st February. Stay tuned for further behind the scenes action coming up live on WZCW in the days to come. Good bye

*Carmen throws the camera a knowing glance as the scene fades*

*Steamboat Ricky sits in the rWo's private dressing room before the MD/AS Supershow. He sits by himself, looking into the oversized mirror. He spins the compass on his Real World Heavyweight Championship Belt. He spins it some more...and some more...round and round it goes...round....and round....it goes. Ricky is not in the peppiest of moods, it seems as though something has him down. Then all of a sudden, a voice comes from the mirror.*

Look at you...

Wh....what? Wh...what are you doing here?

*Ricky looks up and he sees himself talking from the mirror.*

Face Ricky: I'm always here. I'm part of you...whether you like it or not.

Present Ricky: Nobody wants you here...you're history, bra.

Sure, nobody wants me in here...but they want me out there...to bring grog to the kids before the match...to hand out toy steamboats and talk smack to El Guerrero. The fans love me. We used to be about the fans, Ricky. About doing what was right, honest, and good. Now look at us.

Hey, man. I had to do what had to be done, brother. Pleasing the fans wasn't getting me anywhere.

So you sacrificed all of your morals…everything you believed in…for what? What hadn’t we already accomplished in this business? Look at the record books! Who has held more titles than any other person in WZCW history?

Steamboat Ricky.

Who was the first EVER WZCW King for a Day?

Steamboat Ricky.

Invented the Mayhem division?

Ibid.

We’ve done it all. Why would you do that?

BECAUSE MAYBE I HAD TO! Maybe I didn’t have a choice. You lost your edge, brother!

Lost my edge? I won the WZCW Heavyweight Title…with the help of alllll of them!

Yeah, but then you lost it dude. LOST IT.

We were going to get it back! It was only one loss. We’ve made a career out of bouncing back!

MAYBE I DIDN’T THINK WE HAD WHAT IT TOOK ANYMORE, MAN!
*Present Ricky looks around to see if anyone is looking.*
-whispers-Maybe I felt like I needed a little help, brother.

More help than all of them?

What’s done is done. There’s no going back now.

You can always go home, Ricky.

*Present Ricky throws a chair at the mirror and it shatters into thousands of pieces, many falling to the floor. Ricky then stands over the pieces of broken glass and looks at them with an intense glare.*

I am home. Long live Ricky. Long live the rWo.

*Ricky grabs the REAL World Heavyweight Championship, throws it over his shoulder and begins to walk out of his dressing room. As he walks out of the room, we see that his rWo shirt is not tucked in his tights. Out from the bottom of the shirt, a red plaid piece of fabric sticks out.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back