• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Maybe Total Divas Won't Be Cancelled After All

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Over the past few months, WWE has finally gone down the road we were all worried they would go when the show debuted in late June 2013: Using the storylines of Total Divas to influence storylines for Divas on Raw & SmackDown!. For instance, we've learned that the reason for Nikki "turning" on Brie was because Brie, their mother and their brother all sat down with John Cena, told him what Nikki truly wanted and it almost caused them to break up. :p Granted, it's much better than the "I hate my sister because she was always treated better than me" schtick.

For the first half of the 3rd season, the show wasn't doing all that well in the ratings with about half the episodes failing to draw a million viewers. As a result, I was thinking that it might not be too long before the show gets cancelled. According to tvbythenumbers.com, this past Sunday's episode drew 1,411,000 viewers, which made it the most watched episode since the second season finale back in June. If the rest of the episodes draw well into the 1 million range, the show might not get the axe.

I honestly don't mind, primarily because the Nikki/Brie feud seemed natural at first and I don't watch Total Diva's. The Tyson Kidd/Natalya thing is pretty annoying, although crowds chanting "Nattie's husband" is pretty funny.

Although if it turned out that the Fandango/Summer/Layla storyline came from Total Diva's, then the show can die and burn in hell.

I watched last Sunday's episode.
I basically skipped all the Bellas dramas, and then had a good time.

Paige was actually a great addition to the show.

And the good thing is: thanks to Total Divas, Paige is back on the title picture - which was the right thing to do from the start.

I watched last Sunday's episode.
I basically skipped all the Bellas dramas, and then had a good time.

Paige was actually a great addition to the show.

And the good thing is: thanks to Total Divas, Paige is back on the title picture - which was the right thing to do from the start.

Yeah I watched the show since last season. I thought the show would suck with Naomi and her husband but it still just as good.

It's great to see Nattie and Paige are getting shine in the division because of the show.

Total Divas is a good concept and when some of the stories aren't so ridiculous, it's good to watch. I still have some to catch up on, but it's entered my viewing list since being recommended to me and I enjoyed it. I find it rather fascinating for some reason.

I would really like them to take this concept and use this with 8 or so guys on NXT that aren't on the show yet, and put this on the Network. They could air this just before NXT starts on Wednesdays. It would give some guys time to build on their acting skills, it's on the Network so there's much less risk of cancellation than Total Divas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back