Maybe This Stable Could Happen After The Shield Dissolves

newwaveknight

You're Either Texus,Or Against Us
So, here's a little booking idea for what could be the next big stable in the WWE. The IWC might like it, and I think it would draw a new kind of heat from the regular fans.

Have a stable of guys born in the mid-to-late 80's, whose main objective is to wash out all the old talent that won't give up their top spots. It's an old-but-gold booking angle. They can be called The Generation-Y Solution.

The stable can start off as Cody Rhodes and Husky Harris. Drew McIntyre could join shorty after. They lay waste to all of the Attitude era/PG era superstars, telling them to "put us over or we'll put you under." Zack Ryder could make a heel turn and round out the group. That way we have our stable leader (Rhodes), a back-up mouthpiece (Ryder) and two possible enforcers (McIntyre or Harris). I would say make McIntyre the enforcer, that way Ryder and Harris could tag together (ever stable needs a tag team, and Tag Team 101 says have one guy who can talk and one guy who can work).

Like I said, just a little booking idea I had, and I wanted to know what you guys think.

No, if I played too much WWE '13, I'd only want to promote Attitude era guys. I played that game for one day (I worked at a used video game store, so we could rent games for free), and turned it right back in the next day.

But seriously, the only problem I see is that it would require what little is left of the Attitude era to put over these guys. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Cody is currently involved with Rhodes Scholars, Bray Wyatt is involved with the Wyatt Family, and McIntyre is currently in 3MB. wouldn't make any sense at all to do that. I do also think that the whole "New Breed" gimmick hasn't been that successful either. Please don't suggest something like that again, please.

No.

1. Husky Harris is being Bray Wyatt, and doing damn good at it. I don't think Bray, as a character, would be invested in something like this.

2. Cody did something like this already with the Legacy vs. DX and his feud with Booker T. Doing it again won't solve much. Also, it would kinda shit on the whole "son of Dusty" thing.

3. Drew is the only one who could pull something like this off (rehash of the Chosen One) but it would be very hard to evolve his character both into and out of that. Jumping from 3MB to this is a leap.

4. It would take a hell of a lot of burying for something like this. Just because a superstar gets old doesn't mean they lose value. Plus, it would be a really bad idea to say "put us over" on live TV. Breaking kayfabe must be done very carefully if at all, and this is haphazard.

I would say that this type of stable would work, but not with guys we see every week or so. It would need guys who aren't used much that band together and say,we're not going to sit back and let our careers get wasted. Guys like Ted DiBiase, Justin Gabriel, Alex Riley, just to name a few. A story like this could work for those guys to get them on TV, and create a scenario much like that of Punk.

honestly, that kind of angle could work.........just not with those guys. McIntyre would first have to leave 3MB, be gone for a long time, then return. sorry, but that stence of 3MB would be so large that people will need to forget it. not sure about Cody, but it could work if he breaks from Damien. as for Husky, no. firstly i HATED the Husky Harris name and love the new Bray Wyatt name and second, i want to see how the Wyatt Family is before he leaves to create a new stable, but this Bray Wyatt character seems real interesting.

I think that Zeb Colter might start something along the lines of a "League of Honor". Even though Cesaro isn't American, Colter still let him work with him because he had honor and dignity. Maybe he could let other wrestlers he deemed had honor could join, such as Drew McIntyre [when 3MB :lmao:breaks up]

it would be a really bad idea to say "put us over" on live TV. Breaking kayfabe must be done very carefully if at all, and this is haphazard.

I think mainly the IWC are the only people who would know/care what that meant. Most wrestling fans don't really follow the different terminology that they use like that.

Ted DiBiase, Justin Gabriel, Alex Riley, just to name a few. A story like this could work for those guys to get them on TV, and create a scenario much like that of Punk.

I think that would be a better babyface stable than heel stable, although it could work possibly as a heel stable. The problem is that they would need an enforcer for that group; a big guy whose job is to stand there and be intimidating. Alex Riley could work in a stable or a tag team since his in-ring work isn't exactly the best, he could get on the mic and let someone like Gabriel do most of the in-ring work.

Cody is currently involved with Rhodes Scholars, Bray Wyatt is involved with the Wyatt Family, and McIntyre is currently in 3MB. wouldn't make any sense at all to do that. I do also think that the whole "New Breed" gimmick hasn't been that successful either. Please don't suggest something like that again, please.

1) I'll suggest whatever I want, seeing as this is an open forum, this is my opinion, and it pertains to what this board is here to discuss: wrestling.

2) The whole "new breed" angle could be successful if booked right.

3) 3MB has pretty much been booked into oblivion, so I admit it WOULD take some time to bring back Drew McIntyre for something like this. But it would be better than sticking with the 3MB stable, especially considering that he is too talented for something like that.

Generally speaking, when I think of someone who is an "old guy" in pro wrestling, I generally think of someone that's about 40 or over. In WWE right now, the only full time guys we've seen the past couple of years who fit are Big Show, Mark Henry and Kane at ages 41, 42 and 46 respectively. Chris Jericho is 42 years old but I'd say is more of a part timer than anything else. The Rock, Triple H & Taker are part timers to the upmost extreme at ages 41, 43 and 47 as they only wrestle a very small handful of times throughout the given year. Christian will turn 40 later this year, so I guess you could ultimately add him to the list. Rob Van Dam could be added as well though I guess he's a part timer as well due to his deal, allegedly, having him only work at TV and ppv tapings.

This kind of angle would have fit more in TNA several years back when most of the major talent in the company, or at least most of the talent who was being given major pushes, were all veterans who were well past the age of 40. A faction of young guys banding together for the purpose of, kayfabe, pushing aside the older generation would make more sense there. Me personally, when I look at wrestlers that are only in their very early to mid 30s like Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, CM Punk, John Cena & Randy Orton; I simply don't see them as "old" because, frankly, they're not.

If Taker, Triple H & The Rock were on the roster as active wrestlers, then a faction of young guys coming along to really "push" them aside so that they could take their spots would have more impact. They're easily the biggest stars left in WWE who are not only extremely relevant, but are also still physically able to get into the ring and deliver. Without them, however, it just doesn't have nearly the kind of oomph needed, in my opinion. For instance, Show, Henry & Kane are all respected veterans but they're not in the upper tier like Rock, HBK, Taker, Triple H and Austin would be and they're the kind of guys you'd really need.

Me personally, when I look at wrestlers that are only in their very early to mid 30s like Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, CM Punk, John Cena & Randy Orton; I simply don't see them as "old" because, frankly, they're not.

I never talked about anyone being old, I said, "They lay waste to all of the Attitude era/PG era superstars." It's more of an "it's our turn for the top spots" kind of thing, not really regarding the age of the people who have held those spots for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back