Matt Hardy Returns: A Good Thing?

Anti-IWC-Marks

Occasional Pre-Show
So Matt Hardy (version 4.0?) is back in the wrestling world.

I think it's the right call. I don't think Matt himself is a huge draw, but the Hardy Boys together do drum up nostalgia. Meanwhile, after Jeff Hardy's loss to Lashley, there's nothing on the immediate horizon for the Charasmatic Enigma.

Also, the Wolves could use an established team to help make them legiitimate. I don't mind the two teams trading titles back and forth, actually, I fully think the Hardy Boys should go over, but that the fued with the Wolves remains until the Wolves reclaim.

If the Hardy's have the straps, how could you not use the return of Devon to set up a Hardy Boys vs. Dudley Boys match. I know it would tickle my nostalgia button, and I could certainly return to little boy mark-land and watch that one.

But, what do you guys think of Mattitude Matt Hardy coming back?

He's in far better shape than last time and the man has become an indy work load with all sorts of work in the New York area and the Caribbean. So it makes sense that he'd give TNA a shot again.

He's not as hated as he was in ROH so I don't see the long term use for him on-screen. But off-screen he may be of good use.

Matt could show up in WWE tomorrow and not look out of place. Indeed he seems to have his life on track and his "mind right" when it comes to doing business. It's shown in some great performances lately.

Of course TNA are going to benefit first as they have Jeff and the only real money available to both now is together in some form. But make no mistake, this is an audition. If RVD is of any value to Vince at all then Matt certainly is.

It's going to take Matt Hardy a lot of effort to draw me back into whatever the hell he's doing. I really got turned off by him thanks to his weird dark period a year or two ago when he was popping grapes like HBK was popping pills in the 90's. I was never that big of a fan of the guy, I always thought he looked and wrestled like a Jeff Hardy on discount so I was never impressed by him.

His only upside is that he's very passionate about anything he does. Maybe too much. That's something Jeff doesn't have, or at least he's now showing it.

Either way, I'll need to see Matt Hardy do something impressive and maybe different before I'm on the bandwagon. Right now, The Hardy Boyz is the best way to utilize him. Give him a backstage role if he has his crap together too.

I've always stuck with Matt. Even when what seemed like the majority turned on him.
Yeah he had a rough patch in there but he's human.
I couldn't be happier that he's in TNA right now. Even if he is just there to tag with Jeff. I hope he gets a nice run in the company and gets to put on some matches for my enjoyment.

I never hated Matt but I'm not really all that thrilled by him coming back to TNA. At the very least, it looks like he's got his life back on track though I'm not totally sure since I haven't really gone out of my way to keep tabs on him since he left TNA. As far as I'm concerned, the Hardy Boyz reunion is to put over the Wolves which is a great thing. TNA's tag team division is so depleted at the moment, it's not even funny. The Wolves are easily the best tag team on the roster which doesn't say much considering their only competition are the BroMans and Knux's circus trope. Makes me miss Bad Influence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back