• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Matt Hardy - Main Event?

Matt Hardy is my favorite wrestler, so obviously I want him to be pushed. However, the Jeff/Matt feud isn't over, and I can almost guarantee that Jeff will win a match between the two at Backlash. But, Matt beating his brother at WM and winning the first ever stretcher match on SD, is huge and has really risen him up near the top as a contendor. Now when it comes to the WWE/World titles, I don't think he'll get one any time soon.

I think if Rey Mysterio gets drafted to SD with the IC title, Matt Hardy will stay on SD and feud over that for a while. He can have a decent IC title reign, then maybe he'll be ready for the big one. Or, he can take the MITB briefcase from Punk, and use that later on. But, I don't know...

if he goes on to feud with Kofi or CM Punk, he's threading water in midcard.

I disagree having him feud with Punk over the MITB Briefcase would be great and i think its the next step towards his main event ''chance''. He seems to be doing a great job as a heel, people boo him, he uses heel tactics to win and his promos have been excellent add a CM Punk Feud over the MITB and hes on the right track. The oppertunitys are endless for him as a Heel, he could feud with HHH, HBK, Cena, Even Taker. I deffinatly think hes on the edge of becoming a star.

Matt is definitely main-event material. He worked an excellent program with MVP. He also worked very well with the Undertaker in 2003. He had an awesome program with Edge during 2005. The program with Jeff right now is also very good. He has been working with big-stars for years now, he has won almost every title except the WWE or World heavyweight championship. I think it's just a matter of time before he finally reaches that level.

Unfortunatly, I dont feel that Matt will make it to Main Event status. And I mostly think that he wont get there because of Kid Rock.

I think that if the WWE didn't have the boring Kid Rock show during WM, Matt and Jeff would have had more time to tell the story that they would have wanted to tell.

Jeff is over with the crowd. I think that Matt would be getting a big reaction if he was allowed to showcase what he can do at WM.

Curse you Kid Rock....But thanks for the washroom break.

I disagree having him feud with Punk over the MITB Briefcase would be great and i think its the next step towards his main event ''chance''. He seems to be doing a great job as a heel, people boo him, he uses heel tactics to win and his promos have been excellent add a CM Punk Feud over the MITB and hes on the right track. The oppertunitys are endless for him as a Heel, he could feud with HHH, HBK, Cena, Even Taker. I deffinatly think hes on the edge of becoming a star.

That's not a bad scenario at all, if they want to move him up, that one way to go, after all, CM Punk doesn't need another shot at the title just yet, but Matt could use it right now, even if he doesn't get a short title reign like Punk did, the exposure would help for sure. I like that, but forgive me for being skeptical about the WWE's intentions for Matt, I've watched long enough to see them turn gold into crap just because they can, I'll believe it when I see it.

Personally i would like to see wwe give matt hardy just one chance to hold a major world title (ECW COUGH).HOnestly think to yourself Matt wins the title wwe realises that its not working just like Jeff did Matt gets screwed out of the title at the next pay per view and goes back to the mid card or on the other hand he is quite a succesful heel hold the title for a few months and cements his spot as a main eventer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back