Marky Mark or Donnie Whalberg?

KillBill

Getting Noticed By Management
After seeing the NKOTB on youtube, its started to raise in interesting question. Who's had the bigger career? They both did music, and obviously Donnie bacame way bigger. He was with a group while Mark did a lot on his own, but Donnie did do a lot of singing. Mark whalberg had the bigger movie career, with many more staring roles in movies, but Donnie was more of a supporting role, with a few exceptions like Saw 2. So the question may be, is Donnies music career bigger than Marks movie career? It's no big deal, i thought it just might be an interesting conversation. After the NKOTB reunion and seeing how big it is, I may side with Donnie, but I do Like them both.

I can't stand Mark Wahlberg. He has no charisma as an actor and has basically one facial expression. And he also damn near should be shot for the uninspired take he did on playing Max Payne, one of the most deeply layered fictional characters ever.

Donnie Wahlberg did a pretty cool and memorable job as Detective Matthews in Saw II and Saw IV. He actually did the "grey-area" cop role better than Marky Mark. Despite the character being an obvious asshole, you couldn't help but like the guy and feel a bit sad for him when his head got crushed by two blocks of ice. All that suffering only to die...

Donnie did more with that single role than Mark has done in his entire acting career. Neither are fantastic actors, but Donnie kicks Marky's ass in this case.

(I'm not even gonna bring up NKOTB here dude. It's not good for me brain.)

I think Mark Whalburg has had the bigger movie carrer than his brother and is more famous in general. While Donnie and NKOTB were more popular than Marky Mark, Mark blows Donnie away in acting imo. Mark Whalburg has been nominated for an oscar and his role in the Departed as well as Boogie Nights were greater than anything Donnie has done. When people in the pop culture world hear Donnie's name you think NKOTB or the Saw movies(which he was good in but nothing oscar worthy). Mark has also appeared in other critically acclaimed movies like Invincible & 4 Brothers and he is the better and more known of the Wahlburg brothers(at least when it comes to acting).

Mark Wahlberg by a landslide in my eyes. Its purely my opinion but he is one of my favorite actors out there. I cant remember anything Donny did off the topp of my head except one of the Saw movies.

Mark's list of quality movies in my opinion is big:
Boogie Nights
Perfect Storm
Italian Job
Four Brothers
Invincible....a sports fans must see
Departed...a movie fan must see
Shooter
We Own the Night
The Happening

I just think Mark has given us alot more quality movies

Co-sign with the Cena fan above. Donnie is a good actor as evidenced by his work in Ransom and in The Sixth Sense. However, Mark has done AMAZING work in movies like Boogie Nights and The Basketball Diaries, or even in lighter fare like Invincible as one Vincent Papale. When he's given decent material to work with, I think he's every bit worth his salt. Donnie is good, but bit parts in good movies don't mean shit in establishing what he can and can't do in terms of carrying a film by himself. It's very different for an actor to prep for a five-minute sequence as opposed to a leading role for nearly two hours.

As far as music...they both produced shit as far as I'm concerned (and in some cases Donnie actually "helped" Mark), so forgive me if I don't wish to pursue deep discussion regarding The New Kids or the goddamn Funky Bunch. Uggh.

I have to go with Marky Mark by a landslide.

Donnie will always be famous for being in NKOTB, but if you ask most people these days, they don't always nkow the members, just the group. He had 2 great roles, as Eric Matthews in the Saw franchise, and as the guy who kills Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense, but Mark will always be more famous.

Mark had starring roles in The Departed, Boogie Nights, Four Brothers, and The Happening, just to name a few. He may not have sold as many records, but Marky Mark will always be remembered for the corniness of the gimmick, and for the Calvin ads. Plus, his one hit, is probably bigger than any hit NKOTB had.

I don't have a personal opinion on my last point, but I'm fairly sure the ladies like Mark, a lot more than they like Donnie...

I'm gonna have to go Marky Mark... Donnie reunited with NKOTB so he has essentially "Vetoed" himself... besides, Mark has done amazing work on screen. Donnie...was killed in Saw IV... Speaks for itself

Mark is the more talented brother. Donnie had a decent career in New Kids on the Block, while Mark has had an incredible career in comparison in film. Mark may not be a bankable actor by any stretch of the mind, but he is not a man who makes poor movies. I actually loved him in We Three Kings, one of the movies I have always really enjoyed. Donnie on the other hand has had a poorer film life, highlighted by the Saw movies, where I believe other actors could have done the role better, perhaps even Mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back