Mark Ruffalo Needs To Prove He's A Good Hulk

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
So most of us have watched The Avengers and liked Mark Ruffalo's portrayal of Bruce Banner/Hulk. We thought he had the smart tortured soul down well (with a bit of comedy) People have been saying he was better than Edward Norton and Eric Bana

But the thing is we can't really judge him until they do a new solo Hulk film. The reason I say this is because in The Avengers he was working off the other actors who all helped carry the film. These actors (Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth) have carried a solo film by themselves with their performance.

Ruffalo needs to prove that he is an actor who can carry a film. I haven't seen many films with him in them but what I have seen he makes a great supporting actor (Shutter Island, 13 Going on 30)

Norton did a good job of playing Banner (as did Bana) and they helped carry the film with their performances. I'm just curious do you reckon Ruffalo is up to the task??

So most of us have watched The Avengers and liked Mark Ruffalo's portrayal of Bruce Banner/Hulk. We thought he had the smart tortured soul down well (with a bit of comedy) People have been saying he was better than Edward Norton and Eric Bana

But the thing is we can't really judge him until they do a new solo Hulk film. The reason I say this is because in The Avengers he was working off the other actors who all helped carry the film. These actors (Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth) have carried a solo film by themselves with their performance.

Ruffalo needs to prove that he is an actor who can carry a film. I haven't seen many films with him in them but what I have seen he makes a great supporting actor (Shutter Island, 13 Going on 30)

Norton did a good job of playing Banner (as did Bana) and they helped carry the film with their performances. I'm just curious do you reckon Ruffalo is up to the task??

Big fan of Ruffalo's portrayal here, big comic book fan too. I think there's more to itt than.

To be fair, this Hulk was great because of the other characters he got to play off of, but so was every other character there. None of the solo movies can really compare to how The Avengers delivered. I think more important that how Ruffalo played the Hulk, was how Whedon wrote him. The other two Hulk movies fell flat.

I don't think there will be another Hulk movie either. He's a tough sell... He shouldn't be, but he is, and too many of his villians are kind of awful. He's a very good situational character. One of my favourite Hulk issues is him trying to catch fish and live in the woods away from people... Doesn't make for a good film plot though.

I don't think I've ever disliked Ruffalo in anything (even an air-hostess movie with Legally Blonde lady), but I think trying to prove himself as an actor through a Hulk movie would be a big mistake. Edward Norton is a fantastic actor, but couldn't do much with the Hulk. At the same time, I'm haven't seen Norton be as sympathetic as Ruffalo was as the Hulk.

I think Ruffalo did a commendable job as the Hulk. He may need to prove himself as an actor, no doubt, but i do not think he has to prove himself further as the Hulk.

Ruffalo is perfect for the role and has nothing else to prove so long as there is not another stand alone Hulk film, which I don't think there should be. The Incredible Hulk, much like Superman, is too powerful, ending up something of a deus ex machina, and requires a villain of equal strength, making the while thing too cartoonish for my liking.

Banner/Hulk was handled to perfection in the Avengers - a largely bit part player that can be a menace to enemies and allies alike plus some moments of comedic relief. Marvel need to stick with that Hulk formula and needing Ruffalo to "prove himself" would disrupt that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back