• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mark Martin: Finally His Year?

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
For all of you people reading this wondering who the hell I'm talking about, this is a NASCAR thread. I want to know who you think will win the NASCAR Chase For The Cup.

I'm thinking this is the year that Martin breaks through the glass ceiling, and wins his first championship. He's already had a historic career, but it'd be nice to see him win one, and get the monkey off his back.

Jimmie Johnson is sitting 2nd, and has a legit chance at winning it all, especially with Talladega stil loooming over everyone's heads. He always does well on tracks that run fast like 'Dega, such as Texas, Charlotte, and Daytona. If there's a bad wreck, and he keeps his nose clean, he could push past Martin for the lead.

Montoya and Stewart are the only other ones that look to stand a chance at the moment, but I'm not sold on either putting it all together right now. Yes, Stewart just scored a big win, but no owner/driver has been a champion since the 80's. Montoya is still a little too green for me to think about him as champ, but it's nice to see him contend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back