• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mark Henry Staying!!

realtalk11

Dark Match Jobber
Mark Henry has signed a new contract with WWE and has no plans on leaving. Original reports suggested otherwise, but apparently he was made an offer he couldn't turn down.

Source: Wrestlezone.com

I bet you all must be thrilled by this because I know I am. The World's Strongest Man Mark Henry is going to continue dominating Smackdown! Although we all know he is going to be fed to Undertaker at Unforgiven, I think his storyline with Undertaker will put him a little bit more over. His fued with Taker can last for a few months and they could have some good gimmick matches maybe.

Meh. Henry only competes in squash matches so it's not like he takes up too much space. Show wise. The changing room must be a bit of a squeeze. And I expect his feud with Taker to last one PPV. Then more squashes until the World Champ injures himself. Battle Royal. Early elimination by loads of superstars. More squash matches. Repeat.

haha I can only laugh at them giving him a deal he couldn't say no to as in to keep him around longer. I really dont give a shit about henry as he is a waste of talent and he will as Jake said have a squash match here and there but nothing big as in feud wise just with taker and after that meh.He will eventually used to get some guy over as a sneak win but he will never hold any gold. So i guess good Henry he gets that money but will do much nope.

YAY! I was just sitting here a couple days ago thinking to myself.. "Self, its going to be a sad day when Mark Henry retires from W.W.E.. who would they ever find to beat no-names on a weekly basis?"

Thankfully, my hopes & dreams were answered when they re-signed him to a contract. I don't know what I would've ever did without Mark Henry.

This Message has been brought to you by: CRACK - You too can live in a fantasy world, pick some up NOW! hahahahahaha

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For the first time ever, I was actually looking foward to seeing a WWE Superstar's contract run out. I can't stand him! What do they need him for? They could give his TV time to someone who can actually entertain and put on a good match.

What are you on about? His squashes are the best ones going. If I was an aspiring jobber, I'd want to get squashed by Henry. He looks like he manhandles them, but he's so cuddly I bet it's like wrestling a big pillow.

Do I see a Taker vs. Henry Hell in a Cell Coming?

Spam.

And no you dont. Henry in a Hell In A Cell? The dude doesn't leave his feet. And it's in WWE's best intrest to promote good HIAC matches. 'Cus next time they wish to promote one they wont want people to think ''Hmm yeah this could be good, but the last one with Mark Henry really sucked balls''.

the only reason i could see to possibly resign mark henry would be to give the undertaker his return push and to maybe reteam him with d-lo to boost the federations seriosly sagging tag team division. otherwise he has already cost the wwe way to much money for an injury prone career mid carder who has spent more time in ovw than the active roster

the only reason i could see to possibly resign mark henry would be to give the undertaker his return push and to maybe reteam him with d-lo to boost the federations seriosly sagging tag team division. otherwise he has already cost the wwe way to much money for an injury prone career mid carder who has spent more time in ovw than the active roster

I seriously love this idea.. I liked Mark Henry standing in a corner while D-Lo did all the work. I think they should promote that. But in all likely hood, Henry isn't going to wanna stop squashing jobbers to become one. And D-Lo can't be as "dominatingly scary" as Henry's character has been built to be.

I will react to Mark Henry's resigning the same way I reacted when the New York Mets signed Mo Vaughn a few years back. Not only is there a fat, out of shape, over the hill performer on the roster, but with the term "offer he can't refuse" I can only think one thing. WWE spent money on him that COULD have gone elsewhere.

Now I am decidedly anti-superheavyweight (hence my thread) but I didn't think Henry was a total disaster. I was actually entertained by the "Sexual Chocolate" angle. But the stereotypical "big man is an unstoppable monster" bit is so cliche.

Vince is in love with his legitimate athletes. Wrestler, bodybuilder, or powerlifter he loves competitiors. But one fact remains - I don't recall hearing anything about Henry being a problem backstage. I have to assume that he is a professional in the locker room. Also, Vince is going to keep filtering big men in as long as I can see. So is it so bad that one of those spots will be taken up by somebody with more than 10 years experience?

DAMN! just when I get all excited and pumped that I would lose at least one weekly squasher on a WWE show. Guess not. I don't understand why they keep Henry around before you know it he will be right back on the injury list(again:rolleyes:) due to being so overweight and ridiculously bad in the ring.

After all there really isn't any feuds for him on SD!. He cannot carry a good feud because he's to use to winning in 2 minutes. Taker burying him alive would have been perfect for Henry leaving. I suppose not but as long as he is along ways from the main event scene then I really won't care and will change the channel during another one of his weekly squashes. He isn't/never has been over with the fans anyway so maybe not.

I think Irish Canadian made a good point about Vince just wanting to keep the big guys around and will continue to do so.

Maybe they want to keep him around to give him a decent angle that he could be remembered for. If he left now, he'd only be remembered for the transvestite angle.

Henry sucks, and I don't think too many people are going to remember the guy after he done with WWE, which appearently is never going to happen, I was hopeing he would be done soon cause personally I think he's worse than Batista, and Khali, Henry is old stale, and doesn't do shit in the ring, can't cut a promo, and he's just plain boreing, I don't know what kind of deal WWE could've given him that he couldn't refuse, but I hope it doesn't mean he will be getting a big push anytime soon, he is one of the last people I would want to see carrying a belt around

Henry can put on a decent match if you put him with someone good. decent lol. Im only groaning because how many times have we seen henry and taker? As soon as he brings back the worlds strongest slam, loses the bear hug and gets real opponents, we have a show

Or Even Better Than Just Teaming "sexual Chocolate" And D-lo Together Why Not Reform The Entire Nation. You Already Pay Ron Simmons To Do Damn... Near Nothing, And Im Sure The Godfather Is At A Stripclub Near By

Meh. Henry staying is just a wasting of TV time. I really wanted to see more Cruiserweight action BETWEEN THEM instead of getting squashed by Henry.
But if the deal was right, at least i expect to see Henry trying to improve his mic skills, because his ring skills, well, are inexistent.
I see Henry in a short program with Taker and after that, back to the quick squashes maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back