• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mark Henry should wear World Title

I haven't found Mark Henry interesting since his last heel run over on Smackdown years ago when he was feuding with Kurt Angle and Undertaker. Since then, I feel that the way he's been booked as a jobber and his horrendous face run severely hurt his chances of ever being anything more than a midcarder (if he was lucky). Even now with his heel turn, I still don't care if he wins the title or not. That said, I'm pretty sure he'll be getting a short title reign out due to his loyalty. If he does win the championship before he retires, I doubt it'll amount to anything more than a transitional title reign and the title will be hot potatoed to either Orton or Christian. Honestly, Smackdown has a lot of good young talent at the moment and any of them would be more interesting to see as world champion than Mark Henry.

Just because hes about to retire doesn't change his worthiness of a world title. Back in somewhere like 2009 I bet you people would've just wanted Henry's ass released from the company. He has the look to destroy, but every chance they have given him he has failed and fallen flat on his face. They gave him a shot with Taker at Mania 22 but no one cared and the match was horrible. They gave him a shot with the ECW Championship but it was dud material. If WWE gave him a title run then every single title defence of his would be my personal toilet break like it already is with Mark Henry. The last time I didn't take a break when Henry was on TV was at Breaking Point for the Unified tag titles.

I believe Henry should wear the big gold belt once before he's gone. He's always been loyal to WWE. He's a company man, Henry has done a lot with fans, publicity stuff, press conferences, etc. People don't give him enough credit just because he isn't the best in the ring or on the mic. Give him a manager and do a little more work with him and I guarantee that he would be the biggest monster heel in all of WWE. So yes, he should win it for at least a month or so.

I believe Henry should wear the big gold belt once before he's gone. He's always been loyal to WWE. He's a company man, Henry has done a lot with fans, publicity stuff, press conferences, etc. People don't give him enough credit just because he isn't the best in the ring or on the mic. Give him a manager and do a little more work with him and I guarantee that he would be the biggest monster heel in all of WWE. So yes, he should win it for at least a month or so.

That's not saying much when the other monster heels in the company are Mason Ryan, Brodus Clay & The Great Khali.

Look, Henry's been a loyal worker and probably a great backstage guy, but he's not main-event material nor deserving to hold the strap. He seems like a nice guy, but honestly, he's never gotten over with the fans as a major face or heel for his entire career, and it's not likely he'll start now to even justify a run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back