• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Managers in the WWE?

Alright so I was watching Smackdown and saw how over Ezekiel Jackson was. Now I know, some of that was canned heat, but I thought Smackdown is in need of charismatic faces.

Why not give Zeke a manager in the form of Abraham Washington? It would be entertaining, as I personally thought Abraham was hilarious in his short time with the talk show on ECW, and it's not like he would get brought up to the roster in any other way.

Zeke would get over in the ring by being a black Batista, and Abraham would get over on the mic by taking a Rock approach and making fun of his opponents (with Mark Henry/Big Show he could talk about weight, etc.).

I think this is where they went wrong with Lashley. Lesnar had Heyman, and I think Zeke could be a top face if he had a charismatic mouthpiece. I think managers are a forgotten art ever since Armada Estrada and Umaga.

Here are some videos of Abraham Washington:

[YOUTUBE]BTGQiHyn8_s[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]qtJSnn409_g[/YOUTUBE]

Thoughts? And thoughts on managers in the WWE in general?

Abraham Washington sucked.... He was fine for like the first show.

now i do believe Managers always had a place in wrestling, but you need exceptional people like a Bobby Heenan, people that have been in the business and no the ins and outs of what works, not just random wrestlers/personalities who were never really over or any old joe backstage

reason they were removed in the first place, monetry reasons and time restraints, plus the era turned to people who were out for themselves which doesn't lend itself to having someone making the decisions for you which ironically is what most of the people in the Cena era get, just from backstage. But they desperately need and would benefited from someone there to hold there hand and speak for them. and for god sakes let people cut there own promo's. who know's there could be some magic like CM Punk did just waiting in the head of some of the guys on the roster if they were allowed to take a chance.

Bring back Armando Estrada he was great, had a catch phrase and was a breath of fresh air. as for others, it's hard to pick any since there's few people left that are any good in there own right to even be considered usefull to push someone else in that way. Dunno what happens over in ROH or FCW so can't comment on any prospects there.

if you want to have a manager for Jackson and keep him a face, get Estrada and let him be a face and have him say his catch phrase that the fans loved to say with him, but i cant see this happening. they have Jackson as a face and i havent seen faces have managers lately, though it has happened before and i wouldnt mind seeing it again

I like this idea of bringing back Estrada. Managers as a concept definitely work, and WWE has the plenty of potential managers, in people like Arn Anderson and Michael Haye, as well as the likes of Matt Striker. Hell, I think Booker T could work as a good manager as well if they decide to pull the plug on his announcing career. Not to mention retirees like Diesel and Edge who could certainly work the mic on behalf of those who can't.

I see the point of having managers, and there is definatly a place for them, I just think they work best when they are clearly older than their wrestlers. Managers are seen as providing guidance and advice for their wrestler, and having a manager who has similar/less experience than the wrestler just looks stupid.

whatever happened to having a female manger come out in a hot outfit and stay at ringside and just look good to get a guy over? sunny, sable, dawn marie, francine, i guess you could name ms elizabeth too. all were mangers and got there guys over

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back