If Managers are returning....

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
Vickie Guerrero and Abraham Washington have become the only two managers in the WWE at the time. Sure, there's Cumacho with Hunico and that follower with Tensai but they're not classic Managers... Vickie and Abraham are reviving a dying breed. Managers have always been the ones to put over talkers who at one point could not do so.

Where would wrestlers be without Bobby the Brain Heenan, Jim Cornette, or without Jimmy Hart? Where would HBK or Booker T be without Sherri? Randy without his queen? Where would Abyss be without Father James Mitchell? Where would Umaga be without Armando Alejandro Estrada?

Managers are a great part of wrestling, and when paired with the right people, they can make a great difference. And with WWE signing 3/4 of the group, I can think of no other reason NOT to sign Shane Hagadorn.

Now I'm not going to come out and say that WWE should unite KOW in WWE with Hagadorn as their manager. Ohno and Ceasaro have mic abilities, and Del Rey has it as well. What I am saying is that signing Hagadorn would work wonders for someone who can't exactly get over on the mic by themselves. Someone like Ezekiel Jackson... or even Ryback. That way WWE can let them be all about destruction while Hagadorn sings and dances in the background.

What do you think? Would Hagadorn be a viable manager in WWE? Would you like to see managers make a great comeback?

I think managers can work wonders for a person's career. I mean just look at Dolph and Vickie (although I believe now he's ready to drop her). I think WWE would be smart to use some managers, although I'm not sure they need to make hirings. I mean Shane Hagadorn would be a great addition to the roster, but I think they could turn Michael Cole into an amazing manager, Matt Striker also. They could bring some back, like Michael PS Hayes, and I think it could help guys like Tyson Kidd get over.

I think managers are good but for heels. I remember i used to get so pi**ed of when a manager would interfere and cost the babyface the match. There good ways to get heat and if somebody isn't great on the mic (Ziggler) they can pair them up with a manager (Flair)- hopefully.

who could forget Paul Bearer managing the likes of The Undertaker, Kane and Mankind. Each of these three benfited from having Paul Bearer at there side.

i think a manager needs to have a chemistry with his superstar like Almando did with Umaga. Mr. Fuji and Yokozuna. Paul Bearer and Undertaker. Miss Elizabeth and Macho Man. Each of these was great paired.

I think today Ziggler or Rhodes could be great with Ric Flair. Shaemus be good with Finlay. The Usos with Rakishi. Aj with Lita. Miz with Eve. etc...

Oh YAY! The managers thread!

It's been beating to death... But the reason why is because they are needed.

This can really benefit the business. You got guys who can't do ring work, but are great on the mic, and promoting. Plus, you can send those guys to talent are having a hard time getting over.

Have the classic manager approach too. Not just somebody walking around the ring, and smiling at the crowd doesn't up.

WWE already has some great managers among their midst right now if they utilize them correctly. A few of them were already mentioned. AW is going to work wonders with PTP, and I can see them a viable team in the Tag Division for a while.

On a more relevant note, Vickie and Dolph has been a good combination for quite a while. I don't see a reason to split them up right now either or anytime soon. Edge had Vickie at the height of his heel run on Smackdown with La Familia, and his feud with Undertaker. Dolph could eventually have a great run with Vickie by his side, and then dump her later on down the line whenever Ric Flair comes back. Ric and Dolph could be a great mentor/student story with Ric trying to teach Dolph about being "The Man". I could even see them changing his name, and giving him the moniker "Nature Boy" Nic Nemeth. He's by far the most deserving of anyone on the roster for anyone to have that name passed on to. I've NEVER liked his name (Dolph Ziggler), and I feel it's a big part of what holds some characters back when they are about ready to reach the main event/world championship level of their careers. A new name for him could revitalize, and reintroduce him when WWE finally decides to give him the metaphorical "ball" to run with.

As far as other managers go, WWE just released one of the best ones they've had for a while. Armando Alejandro Estrada. Triple A did amazing work with Umaga, and I loved his Cuban immigrant/business man gimmick. Place him with a guy like a heel Ryback, Ezekiel Jackson, or an incoming Brodie Lee or Big E Langston. Maybe even bring back Nelson Frazier (Big Daddy V/Mabel/Viscera) and have him run over competition. Fact being that Triple A works great with monster heel, as we saw with Umaga.

Lastly, guys like Matt Striker, William Regal, and Michael Cole are born talkers and need to be out there each week getting over a performer or performers in the case of Michael Cole. I don't think there has been a character quite like Bobby "The Brain" Hennan until Michael Cole became what he is to the WWE Universe today. He may be one of the best commentators behind the desk, but his character is strong to be sitting behind a desk. He overpowers anyone he works on commentary, and quite frankly, it's getting old. He needs to move forward with his career. Michael Cole has a strong on screen presence, and needs to be on camera as opposed to just behind his desk. Obviously, the best people for Cole to work with would be The Miz (although he doesn't need a mouthpiece), a heel Daniel Bryan, and Jack Swagger.

i loved the managers as much as i hated them. they need to come back since hhh is trying for a 80s early 90s revival. as much of these comments as i agree on down to the repackaging for some. heres who i can see as some natural fits for superstars and in some cases the reasons behind my choices

dolph ziggler,ric flair- it jus seems right. and ric can use dolph as the start of a horseman stable

alex riley,matt striker--striker is a teacher, he can bring back out the varsity villian in alex riley

wade barrett,william regal-wade needs something or somebody to help give him the final push to the top

tyson kidd, micheal ps hays-it seems a great fit. he could do the same for tyson what he helped do for the hardys

mike mcgillicutty/ted dibiase,ric flair--see dolph ziggler

heath slater, honky tonk man-what better fit for the one man southern rock band then the master of the shake rattle&roll. he did test the waters with rocka-billy and the roaddogg.

this is a decent start and could help some people get over the hump and help some people stay relevent and in cases like honky and flair, keep egomaniacs in the spotlight and out of the ring

What do you think? Would Hagadorn be a viable manager in WWE? Would you like to see managers make a great comeback?

Haggadorn isn't bad, but I'm sure the WWE can find better talent than him and will likely use their own talent for manager roles. However, bringing back managers, in general, is a great idea. In the past year or more, the WWE has already been "pushing" managers.

Vickie Guerrero and Abraham Washington have become the only two managers in the WWE at the time. Sure, there's Cumacho with Hunico and that follower with Tensai but they're not classic Managers

Not true at all. Not every manager has to be a mouthpiece, some can add to a wrestler's gimmick or simply help bring them more attention.

Currently, there's Vicki and AW, but there's also Roberto Rodriguez and Rosa Mendes, as well as Tensai's follower (who they should make more like Mr. Fuji). AND I'm betting we get a handful of other manager-type roles in the upcoming year too.

As far as Micheal Cole. I'm a fan of the Cole-miner and think he should try playing the role as heel color commentator and maybe form a wrestling stable similar to Bobby Hennan and the Family.

This is far out there but I would love to see Psycho Sid kept on as a manager to Mason Ryan or even for a monster heal stable w/ Ryan, Mark Henry and a few other big men with sid as their manager..

Of course Ric Flair if not the GM could form a stable of 3 or 4 young guys.

You don't have to talk to be a classic manager, you can help cheat to win matches or take the beating for your "client".

Managers are great... providing they don't steal the spotlight from their clients. The problem with Vickie is that every promo is more about her than Dolph, how do you come out with any opinion on Ziggler when every dozen words out of her mouth, she has to screech "Excuse me!" Honestly, if you want to know why Dolph Ziggler isn't regarded as a Main Eventer, look no further than his manager getting more heat than him.

Now look at Bobby Heenan: Yes, the Brain was despised but his promos had one purpose - to make us believe that his client(s) was(were) going to destroy their babyface opponent(s). Jim Cornette, Paul Heyman(E. Dangerously), Mr Juji, Paul Bearer and James Mitchell are all regarded in the same light.

Vickie Guerrero is a great character but a terrible manager. Ric Flair runs the same risk, just look at his run as AJ's manager were he was too overbearing and promos came across as being more about him than the Phenomenal One. Managers are a brilliant tool to enhance a wrestler... provided they remember that they are not the main focus of attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back