Man U v Man City

hArdyPUNKmArk

I'm better than you!
How good a match was this! It's the best match I've watch so far this season, fuck Man City are going to do very, very well this season.

The defence of both teams wasn't the best at times but their attacks were beautiful. Man U completely dominated a good 20mins in the second half but City were keeping them out of the back of the net with great keeping from the Man City keeper.

A 4-3 win to Man U was the end result but it was somewhat controversial. We were told there would be 4 mins of extra time but the 4th goal for Man U came at 96mins. But, I don't really care because that match was really exciting to watch and as an Arsenal fan it was good to see City get beat after they smashed Arsenal last week.

I've been very impressed with Belamy as of late, the guy is on fire. Both his goals in this match were outstanding and fuck he can go, he was so fucking fast in his 2nd goal and slotted it past the keeper beautifully.

So what did everyone else think of the match. Post anything you want in regards to this match or anything about either Man City or Man U.

I haven't done a weekly review in a while. I will try and get it done tonight, This match, will be top of the bill. Amazing from start to finish. I was watching it in the gym and I swear to God almost fell off of the rowing machine.

As you said, City were exceptional and should do very well this season, even without Adebayor, they did brilliantly. I hate Man Utd but you have to look very hard to find a fault in the way they play their football. City and Utd look very evenly matched and this could well be a sign of things to come for both teams. Exceptional match.

I wouldn't say they were evenly matched. First half they were, United were sloppy and lazy, City were tight and compact but Tevez's finishing is worse than Heskey's (as a side, I love Heskey. He's a brilliant striker, just finishing is not his strong point).

Second half it was men against boys. United dominated them and if Berbatov could finish, and Given wasn't one of the top three keepers in world football, it could have been five or six. United were woeful at the back and let City back into the game. Bellamy has improved greatly, scored a belter and took advantage of awful defending from Rio.

As for the finish, how Ryan Giggs is still that good I will never know. Brilliant ball and Michael Owen rolled back the years with a terrific finish. It was justice done. United definitely deserved the win, though fair play to City for not dropping their heads.

This was, without a doubt THE best match I've ever seen, it had everything you want in a derby match, shocking defending, awesome attacking. As a United fan, I think that with less errors at the back, we could have won 2/3-0 at least. Berbatov was unlucky not to score, however I have to give full credit to Man City for coming back the way did. They'll come fourth this seen without a doubt.

However, the one blip on the match was Craig Bellamy slapping the fan as he was being restrained by the stewards. No need for him to do that. The thing is, if he hadn't have done that, there would have been less added time for United to eventually score. I wonder, whats everyones take on Owen's goal? Was it too far into injury time and should the whistle have been blown?

I don't see what basis City have for complaining about the added 90 secs to injury time. Notwithstanding that "Fergie Time" always appears, City scored a goal, time-wasted through celebrations, made a substitution and gave away fouls and corners after the four minutes of injury time had been counted up. The goal and substitution is meant to add on a minute by themselves. Just because most referees don't follow this rule doesn't mean that a team should be annoyed when one does.

There was a Liverpool game a while ago that there was 3 minutes of injury time given and the ball was only in play for about 70 secs of it due to an injury and time-wasting substitutions and yet the referee still blew for full time at 93 minutes. Ridiculous

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back