Arkham City...Spider-Man?

VinnieSunshine

The lord of darkness
If this is an old topic I apologize.

So, I've been replaying both "Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions" and "Batman: Arkham City". Aside from SM:SD and maybe 1 or 2 others, there has not been a GOOD Spider-Man game. With Batman, things only got better with "Arkham City" after "Asylum". Here is my question...

Would an open world type game like "Arkham City" work for a Spider-Man game? Really, with the use of the grappling hook, Batman i like Spider-Man swinging through the city.

Imagine getting to meet and fight Spider-Man's villians, while also doing missions and fighting thugs on the street. Maybe some of the misions could be saving citizens. You could also meet up and interact with other characters in the SM universe. Esentially, it would be a Spider-Man verion of "Arkham City"...albeit a brighter version set in New York.

Maybe it's just me playing too much of both. I just want a GOOD Spider-Man game. Aside from SD, the last 4 games SUCKED!

Isn't what you're describing pretty much "The Amazing Spider Man" that came out in the summer of last year? Granted it wasn't as epic as Batman: Arkham City, and didn't feature as many characters in the Spider Man-universe. But it was essentially an open world game featuring many side missions (including rescuing citizens), and a pretty good storyline mode to beat in the game (just as was the case with Batman: Arkham City). I basically missed out on the whole PS2 period of video games (2000-2006), so I don't know about any of the old Spider Man games, and if they're any good or bad, but the Amazing Spider Man was essentially what you're talking about, though a lighter version of it.

It was a pretty fun game I felt. Again, not as good as Batman: Arkham City, but what comic book game is?

Isn't what you're describing pretty much "The Amazing Spider Man" that came out in the summer of last year? Granted it wasn't as epic as Batman: Arkham City, and didn't feature as many characters in the Spider Man-universe. But it was essentially an open world game featuring many side missions (including rescuing citizens), and a pretty good storyline mode to beat in the game (just as was the case with Batman: Arkham City). I basically missed out on the whole PS2 period of video games (2000-2006), so I don't know about any of the old Spider Man games, and if they're any good or bad, but the Amazing Spider Man was essentially what you're talking about, though a lighter version of it.

It was a pretty fun game I felt. Again, not as good as Batman: Arkham City, but what comic book game is?

Yeah I skipped that one. Movie games are usually something I stay away from. I played the first Spider-Man game based on the movie, then the second one. After the stories strayed I felt they missed their mark. Like I said, I haven't been happy, with exception of SD, with any of the last few games. I heard the ASM game also strayed from the story, including adding Rhino to the game.

I'm talking about taking AC, everything that is good about it, and replacing it with Spider-Man.

The Amazing Spider-Man is a good game. The story takes place after the events of the movie. Stunning visuals while swinging through New York and web rush is a lot of fun to play around with.

Spider-Man 2 is the single best Spider-Man video game of all time, and probably the best Marvel game period up there with Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Ultimate Alliance. That game was an open world sandbox game. You flew around Manhattan, shooting web from building to building. You can leap from the top of the Empire State building. The combat was fun, and complex with time. You could snare a baddie in your web, shoot up to the top of a building, and launch him into the horizon. Apart from some texture issues and a few underwhelming boss battles, that game was fucking amazing.

That being said, if a company was going to a huge Arkham City style game with another super hero, I'd love to see an actual attempt at a Superman game that didn't suck. Spider-Man has a few games, but I would love a newer one. A full open-world Avengers game would be incredible, if done by a similar team to the Arkham series. Mostly I just want Arkham 3 to come out...

I hear there's an open-world Deadpool in production, and it looks awesome.

If this is an old topic I apologize.

So, I've been replaying both "Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions" and "Batman: Arkham City". Aside from SM:SD and maybe 1 or 2 others, there has not been a GOOD Spider-Man game. With Batman, things only got better with "Arkham City" after "Asylum". Here is my question...

Would an open world type game like "Arkham City" work for a Spider-Man game? Really, with the use of the grappling hook, Batman i like Spider-Man swinging through the city.

Imagine getting to meet and fight Spider-Man's villians, while also doing missions and fighting thugs on the street. Maybe some of the misions could be saving citizens. You could also meet up and interact with other characters in the SM universe. Esentially, it would be a Spider-Man verion of "Arkham City"...albeit a brighter version set in New York.

Maybe it's just me playing too much of both. I just want a GOOD Spider-Man game. Aside from SD, the last 4 games SUCKED!

Have played Spider Man: Web of Shadows? It sounds like what you're describing. Open world, villains, side missions and even powerful allies in a brighter version of New York City.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back