• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Magic Moments

Right off hand one of my all time favorite WWF moments would have to be the main event from Summerslam 1992. It was a showcase for the IC belt between Bret Hart and Davey Boy Smith. It was probably one of the first nights that I saw an instant evolution take place in the upper echelon of the business. Within one match, you really saw what two technical powerhouses could do when they were really allowed to tell a story in the ring. They took a packed house @ Wembley Stadium and held it in the palms of their hands that evening. No gimmickry. No pageantry. Just pure, amazing wrestling. Even though it wasn't for the WWF Championship, it didn't matter, because that match buried the WWF title encounter from earlier in the evening. It is what I consider to be one of the finest moments in Hart's or Davey Boy's careers and it is a true testament to what solid ring generalship can do for a company.

Yeah I agree the Davey Boy Smith vrs Bret Hart match was a fantastic exhibition of wrestling and the atmosphere of the sold out Wembly Arena made it even more special. Along with that and other few moments, my favorate has to be the Undertaker vrs Kane in an Inferno match at Unforgiven. The entrances where really nerve racking to me and made me get goosebumps espeically the shot where the camera was behind the ring and you could see Kane standing up in the corner looking at a mist of cloud with the Undertaker on the ring steps in the dark, raising his hands to turn the lights on. That scene was just plain impressive.

The Rock segments were genius, the turning of WWF guys to ECWCW surprised the hell out of me.

At the moment JBL's commentery on Smackdown! is brilliant, funny and truly shows he is a wrestling god!

the crowed reaction to cena at ecw ons was just plain funny and rvd winning the title when he got the ecw title i was told that he said that he'd keep the wwe title because it spinned

My all time fave wwf/e moment was without a doubt the taker/steph wedding. Just the production of it, with the cameras changing from backstage to the ring, vince trying to get people out there to save her, was so dramatic, and the crowd getting so pumped u[ wanting Austin to come out, that when he finnaly came, the pop was almost orgasmic!! Plus,the look between vince and austin when steph hugged them was awesome,ive me goosebumps!
The Mike Tyson/Austin confrontation was pretty immense as well.
Also, not my fave moment, but pretty cool, was when Taker/Kane dropped Paul Bearer (quite visciously) down the sewer at the end of a raw one week,really shocked me as it looked so real, and couldnt beleive my eyes. I HAD to see how that was resolved. I think that happened anyway, i m ight have been dreaming it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back