• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Machete Division - Jason Voorhees vs Leprechaun

Jason Voorhees vs The Leprechaun

• Jason Voorhees

• The Leprechaun

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

voorhees_hockeymask.jpg

VS

Leprechaun1.jpg

The first match in the innaugural Slasher / Horror movie villain tournament pits The Hockey Masked Killer from "Camp Blood" vs The Leprechaun!

Jason Voorhees

Jason is #1 in the tournament field in terms of body count with between 146 and 212 kills. Sources have conflicitng reports, but the best report is here:

http://www.fridaythe13thfilms.com/saga/bodycount.html

This site lists each kill, how it was done, and what # that kill was in a) that film, and b) Jason's career. 146 is the confirmed number of ON-SCREEN kills BY Jason, but does not count those killed indirectly by things he set in motion (i.e. the sinking of the Lazarus, the explosion of a space station, etc.)

Jason is one of only three fictional characters to win the MTV Lifetime Acheivement Award (the other two were Godzilla in 1996 and Chewbacca in 1997), which he won in 1992, making him the first ever.

Jason's trademark weapon was the machete, but he has found success with the axe (thru a door into Sarah's chest in Part 4), and several garden / forest tools (see: Part 7).

Jason's character appeared briefly in FTT part 1, and as a memory in FTT part 5. The character has, in some way, been a part of 11 films, including a Jason vs Freddy cross over and a futuristic "Jason in Space" adaptation. The original will be remade in 2009.

The Leprechaun

Do you know that thing actors do, when they play a very wholesome character, and in fear of being typecast, they play a bad character next time around? Well...Willow Ufgood? Meet - the Leprechaun.

Proving once again that there IS work out there for "little people" actors, Warwick Davis became the iconic Leprechaun in 1992. Go back and watch the film - it was Jennfier Aniston's first "major" film role. The movie was made on a $900,000 budget and earned nearly $9 million domestically. The franchise has spawned 6 total films, including TWO "Leprechaun - In Da Hood" films. Freaking brilliant.

The Leprechaun is motivated by either getting back his stole gold or finding a bride. More similar to a Freddy Kreuger type, the Leprachaun isn't silent - he speaks and often mocks his victims, often in rhyme. He's the only (?) villain I know of to kill a victim with a pogo stick, so that's points for creativity.

Voting is open. Please do not spam.

Lep was an awsome killer, for fucks sake kids have loved thoes guys for years. But really after seing this movie as a kid, I said fuck it to ever looking at a rainbow for a pot of gold. Fuck that I don't need a little demented midget gnawing at my legs all day.

Jason vorhees, jesus christ that name has installed fear in the hearts of children and adults alike since the 80's. I wouldn't watch the movies after I saw the first to as a kid. Fuck I can remember the game they came out with after the movie for a game system, can't remember what one. But my cousins got it and I told him not to play it and when he went to the shitter I hid it. Jason is a master with his machete and I don't see anyone toppiling him in this division. If they do people haven't seen this movie. And for fucks sake he choped off freddy's head in his last movie. I wouldn't be suprised to see jason win this whole tournie.

My vote Jason vorhees.

I am 100 percent behind Jason in this tournament (in fact, I think I'm going to sig him). He is so fucking bad ass. Some of the movies that involve him are utter crap, but he's still my favorite slasher.

Plus, The Leprechaun is a fucking bitch with a few little *** magic tricks. I can't stand that little fucker, nor his movies. I wish Chucky would've been in this instead, but that's okay, because Jason should slaughter Leprechaun here, whereas Chuck probably would've gave him some competition.

But yeah... Jason rules, Leprechaun sucks. He couldn't even kill Jennifer Aniston. He offers nothing. He's worthless.

Jason is a mindless, heartless, cold killer, that destroys anything that get;s in his way. He is one of the best killer ever, and would decimate pretty much everyone. Leprechaun is defintley the more original of the two, and does just use one main weapon. He also talks to his victims which is creepy whearas Jason is the silent killer. Jason takes it for me because where he lacks originality and creativity he makes up with stone cold killing.

This one is a no brainer. If it was Chucky vs. the Leprechaun, it would be awesome. that is a dream movie if there ever was one. The Leprechaun is great, and he even went back to the hood.

Jason is the man though. Not only has he killed nearly 150 people on screen regardless of what source you get from, he beat Freddy Krueger as well. Jason is the man, and he will win this match and this tournament.

Jason, all the way. On size, strength, and look alone. He also has the body count to back it up. Not trying to discount Leprechaun because I loved those movies, and they even frightened me a bit as a kid. But almost nothing can match up with Jason...especially the leprechaun.

Jason easily.

Very few will even be in the class which Jason is in. He could chop through 100 leprechauns and still have enough time to sharpen his machete. I think Jason was the inspirations behind Kane, so even Vince McMahon agrees... Forgetting hornswoggle. Jason scared me as a kid, and very few characters could do that. At least one more is in this tornament. Jason may not be my favorite in this, but he should go deep into the tournament.

I voted Jason. To me this is a easy pick the Leprechaun is kinda freaky but Jason is actualy something that would make you piss your pants if you seen him in a dark alley. Jason is badass , He kills everything without remorse. He wins easily.

It comes down to this... Jason has had some of the best kills in horror movie history, and he is an icon. There may be a lot of continuity issues throughout the series, but they are good mindless fun that has a great mix of horror and comedic moments... whether those moments are intentional or not.

Leprechaun had the first movie which was pretty good, then they went off the edge and started basing movies off of him being "in the hood" and in space. The Friday the 13th series eventually ventured off into space as well, but at least that movie hit theaters.

Jason wins this match without much effort, I mean lets face it, body count aside Jason is one of the toughest horror movie villains that has ever been created and Leprechaun is well... yeah. If Jason can go toe to toe with Freddy Kruger in his own element, then I don't think Leprechaun would have much of a shot.

That being said I am not about to hand over any sort of crown to Jason by any means, as he still as quite a bit of competition to go through. Freddy Kruger, Michael Myers, and Alien all pose threats to Jason. However the two potential matchups that are most intriguing to me are Jason vs Pumpkinhead and Jason vs The Creeper (If the Creeper made the tournament)

Jason FTW. Leprechaun, as people said, was a good character who scared the hell out of lots of kids in the 90's, but Jason is an Icon in one of the best sub-genres of Horror, Slasher films.

Ech made a good point thoug: there are lots of tough competition, and let me tell you, if Michale Myers make the cut, I will totally root for that guy. The "father" of the slasher films IMHO.

In the meantime, Jason should sail easily to the next round.

Only two other people in this whole damn thing that can even come close to jason. And I will say this. Jason isn't my fave, Otis driftwood is. But still he just can't compare to jason, he's and old ass disfigured man. I love him but still he dosen't compare to jason. I still will be voting for him. But on to the two that even have a chance at it.

Michael myers, fucking awsome killer, I loved his movies. He could pop out of thin air and just rape the people he killed. He's been shot stabbed, and thought for dead. So has jason, but I don't know. I'm going to have to flip a coin on this one.

The second one may be a kind of darkhorse in this comp, but the tall man. Yes he might not do much of the killing himself. But he has an mass army of shit at his fingertips. He has speed, psychic powers. And just like jason he has regeneration. But he has two things jason dosen't. When he loses a body part, it comes the fuck back. And two he can't die in a sence. You can kill him but he allways re apears in better shape then you are. Think of it this way, jason all wore out just kills the tall man. Fight over? Not so fast, tall man comes back completly regenerated and anew. You can't beat the tall man. This my friends is the only person who comes close, and possibly the winner of this comp.

Im gonna go against the grain here. Leprechaun is hilarious, and ten times the character Jason is. That, and Jason has raised my ire by killing so many hot naked chicks over the years, a lot of them when they were about/in the process of/ just got done having sex. no one likes a cockblocker.

Lerpechaun is hilarious. And punishes people for their greed. and dude. he took it back to da hood. TWICE. Leprechaun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back