M, MA, R rated wrestling?

911 JP

Love the sig!
With all the talk of WWE should not be PG, and TNA sucking at the moment this idea came to mind.

Older wrestling fans (Late teenage years and up) have switched sides recently and started watching UFC, because it is real.

Now if they want to see violence and so much more not PG they could still tune into wrestling if it wasnt PG. However this idea obviously isnt for WWE as it is PG for the seeable future.

So what if, say TNA, or another wrestling company came around and had an M, MA or R rating (not sure of American ratings).

They could have very violent matches, possibly exceed ECW, have knokcouts show more flesh than any divas ever had before. This would obviously, well i think, make TNA ratings go through the roof. It would have to be put on late at night but i believe it could work.

(this idea came about after reading another thread, where someone said that divas strip, but never fully nude.

No. It's wrestling. I doesn't need to be turned into trash. The Attitude era pushed the limits, and that was only TV-PG14. With an MA Rating or whatever, there's no doubt they would not allow that on American tv unless it's something that comes on late at night. It really is an aweful idea to change to that type of rating. Wrestlers do no need to be jumping through flaming tables and what not to get a reaction from the crowd. What made it acceptable in ECW was that a lot of the roster was completely talentless. Both the TNA and WWE rosters have a very large handful of talent and do not need to sink that low.

No. It's wrestling. I doesn't need to be turned into trash. The Attitude era pushed the limits, and that was only TV-PG14. With an MA Rating or whatever, there's no doubt they would not allow that on American tv unless it's something that comes on late at night. It really is an aweful idea to change to that type of rating. Wrestlers do no need to be jumping through flaming tables and what not to get a reaction from the crowd. What made it acceptable in ECW was that a lot of the roster was completely talentless. Both the TNA and WWE rosters have a very large handful of talent and do not need to sink that low.

While I respect your opinion, this idea is obviously not for every one, some people love hardcore wrestling, some people love tradiional old school wrestling.

But it doesnt need to be all flaming tables and what not but with a much higher rating they are able to push the boundarys more, and if TNA was smart while WWE is focusing on the kids and PG era they could appeal more to adults.

I for one would love to see what Velvet could do with the second rope during her entrance in a MA or whatever environment lol, but back to topic its a plausible idea especially for TNA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back