• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lost SERIES FINALE LD - "The End"

Jesus. I can't believe they went this route. They pulled a Third Policeman on us.

Wow. Wow. The symbolism a the very end might have been the most powerful message LOST ever sent. The show opened with Jack opening his eye, and ended with him closing it.

I died a little inside and I'm still confused.

Thanks, ABC.

So wait, the flashsideways was them dead, or everything was them dead?

I did love the Jack closing his eye thing though.
I'm going to go with the flashsideways as being dead. And the island was real. Otherwise, it's a stupid cop out for coming up with a good explanation. People have thought it was purgatory for some time. The flashsideways makes sense as purgatory since they needed to remember their lives in order to move on.

Alright, time to man up until Kimmel (in 30 mins)

How many times did you cry during the Finale? Even just a little. I think I hit about 4. >.>

THIS. RIGHT. HERE.

Best ending to a series ever, IMO.

Shush, man! Don't be silly.

Scrubs had a much better ending than that. Sure, I shed a little tear at the end but who here didn't? That being said, it still doesn't make sense to me. I am still very confused. I don't know where to draw the line and what was real. It just... makes no sense.

I don't know what to think. On one hand, people for YEARS had been making the prediction that the island was purgatory and everyone was dead, and for years they denied it...and then in the end, yep, it is purgatory after all. Like...I don't know man, I just feel kind of let down by that. Don't get me wrong, the way they went about it was fucking masterful and I did indeed shed a tear during the last five minutes of the episode, as alot of the father-afterlife issues hit home with me pretty hard. I loved how they went about it, but I just can't help but feel a tad bit let down.

Cannot wait to see the alternate endings.

Shush, man! Don't be silly.

Scrubs had a much better ending than that. Sure, I shed a little tear at the end but who here didn't? That being said, it still doesn't make sense to me. I am still very confused. I don't know where to draw the line and what was real. It just... makes no sense.

The island, and everything that happened afterwards, is real. The "sideways" is where they met when they all died. Christian said it best in that the best time of their lives was when they spent it with one another. Thus, they created the place to reunite with one another. Now that they did, it's time for them to move on.

It's like Harry Potter's ending where Harry meets Dumbledore in Limbo (in the form of King's Cross) In which case, Ben did a Harry and stayed while the rest did a Dumbledore and moved on.

I don't know what to think. On one hand, people for YEARS had been making the prediction that the island was purgatory and everyone was dead, and for years they denied it...and then in the end, yep, it is purgatory after all. Like...I don't know man, I just feel kind of let down by that. Don't get me wrong, the way they went about it was fucking masterful and I did indeed shed a tear during the last five minutes of the episode, as alot of the father-afterlife issues hit home with me pretty hard. I loved how they went about it, but I just can't help but feel a tad bit let down.

Cannot wait to see the alternate endings.
Same here. I was hoping for something different. Something earthshattering. Something I wasn't thinking it would be. But I do agree, after digesting it a bit, that it was the best way to go about this type of ending. And that it wasn't entirely purgatory, just the flashsideways.

Señor Truth;2068640 said:
I'm going to go with the flashsideways as being dead. And the island was real. Otherwise, it's a stupid cop out for coming up with a good explanation. People have thought it was purgatory for some time. The flashsideways makes sense as purgatory since they needed to remember their lives in order to move on.

Ok, I was hoping the flashsideways was them dead and the island was real.

How many times did you cry during the Finale? Even just a little. I think I hit about 4. >.>

1. Charlie/Claire

2. Jack appearing to be dead surrounded by light

3. Jack lying down dying while afterlife jack was moving on.

Señor Truth;2068662 said:
Same here. I was hoping for something different. Something earthshattering. Something I wasn't thinking it would be. But I do agree, after digesting it a bit, that it was the best way to go about this type of ending. And that it wasn't entirely purgatory, just the flashsideways.

Man so many ideas have been thrown around one was bound to be close.

Just for Charlie and Claire and the ending when they were all together. It gave me a big knot on my throat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back